MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Guys, please keep this discussion on Lego and not currency or inflation. 

This might have been discussed awhile back but I can't seem to find anything. I've been comparing pictures of the AT Hauler to pictures of the AT-ST from the RO wave(I'm a hundred miles from home for a few days right now otherwise I'd be able to look over my copy of the set) but does it look to anyone like the Hauler might be able to carry the AT-ST? If not, it could probably be easily modded but it would be far better if it could do that right out of the box. It'd be rather unfortunate if it can't be used for its original intent but it wouldn't  surprise me if it can't. It would certainly make the set more enticing to me than it already is, I already like it but I'm on the fence about whether or not to get it.

Edited by ToaDraco

19 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Is that the ''rumored' cloud city set?

Yup.

19 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

This might have been discussed awhile back but I can't seem to find anything. I've been comparing pictures of the AT Hauler to pictures of the AT-ST from the RO wave(I'm a hundred miles from home for a few days right now otherwise I'd be able to look over my copy of the set) but does it look to anyone like the Hauler might be able to carry the AT-ST? If not, it could probably be easily modded but it would be far better if it could do that right out of the box. It'd be rather unfortunate if it can't be used for its original intent but it wouldn't  surprise me if it can't. It would certainly make the set more enticing to me than it already is, I already like it but I'm on the fence about whether or not to get it.

It does not appear to attach but modifying shouldnt be hard.

My concern is whether the width is enough between the arms to fit an AT-ST head. 

48 minutes ago, Forresto said:

It does not appear to attach but modifying shouldnt be hard.

My concern is whether the width is enough between the arms to fit an AT-ST head. 

the brown technic piece on top of the included weapons crate seems to be a 15 long straight lift arm ... and i doubt the at-st head is that wide ...

The AT-ST is actually supposed to be carried beneath the brown catwalk underneath the cockpit. I can see a few brown Jedi Interceptor wing pieces slung underneath the Lego model that could represent the grabber arms of the in-universe design, but I don't know if there's an actual system that could hold the AT-ST. It would be neat.

^^ Yes, the e-mail states you can get this so-called 'exclusive' figure for free from 26 to 30 June on the condition that you enter a personal code when buying something from the online store! So it's not really for free, of course…

In the meantime, I've already got three of those DJ polybags for free thanks to store promotions elsewhere… It would have been a smarter move to propose this deal before the other stores, wouldn't it? I'm wondering whether the people behind these Black VIP promotions could have lost their marbles… Please give us a really exclusive minifigure instead!

2 hours ago, essel said:

^^ Yes, the e-mail states you can get this so-called 'exclusive' figure for free from 26 to 30 June on the condition that you enter a personal code when buying something from the online store! So it's not really for free, of course…

In the meantime, I've already got three of those DJ polybags for free thanks to store promotions elsewhere… It would have been a smarter move to propose this deal before the other stores, wouldn't it? I'm wondering whether the people behind these Black VIP promotions could have lost their marbles… Please give us a really exclusive minifigure instead!

Does that mean you can get it in store as well or only online? 

I have problems to subscribing to legos email and I don't see the information on the website and it should have started today

Edited by Sneakguest

28 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Does that mean you can get it in store as well or only online? 

I have problems to subscribing to legos email and I don't see the information on the website and it should have started today

The e-mail states it's only valid on online purchases as long as supplies last… Am I the only one around here who finds this ridiculous? :laugh:

3 minutes ago, essel said:

The e-mail states it's only valid on online purchases as long as supplies last… Am I the only one around here who finds this ridiculous? :laugh:

There's nothing quite like free stuff to bring the complainers out of the woodwork.

22 minutes ago, essel said:

Do you mean that it's only online or only whilst supplies last? Because as someone who lives nowhere near a Lego Store I have missed out on past 'store only' promotions and gifts with purchase always have the supply disclaimer, as obviously they will run out of stock at some point.

The code for the Black VIP Card is listed in the email sent and is available with any "online" purchase from June 26, 2018 to June 30, 2018 while supplies last.

1 minute ago, mgoblue1997 said:

maize and blue class of 96 here. =]]

27 minutes ago, mgoblue1997 said:

The code for the Black VIP Card is listed in the email sent and is available with any "online" purchase from June 26, 2018 to June 30, 2018 while supplies last.

Aha it's a black VIP promotion, well I don't have the Black VIP card. Both a disappointment for those that don't have one (because it's a reasonable and surprising promotion) and for the Black VIP holders (an insufficient reasonable promotion)

5 hours ago, essel said:

yep with you on that one an rotj lando and nein numb would be good

Edited by roadstermatt

The most interesting thing about the black VIP card offer email was the announcement of the lucky winner of the 1 of 1 18k gold R2-D2. The guy has posted an unboxing video. He’s made it public and judging from the deliberate walkthrough of his storage unit he has a massive collection of LEGO! 

Does anyone know whether the code for the DJ promotion is locked to the account it was sent to? Because Im not going to use mine, I have no interest in a minifig of a character with such an uninteresting design (nor in buying undiscounted lego, for that matter). Its also worth noting that the email says the code is only valid until the 30th, I havent seen that mentioned here

Also, sure is convenient the white gold R2 went to someone who can easily display it to the public... Ah well thats probably for the best anyway.

Edited by Magmafrost

Someone needs to send Lego a dictionary just so they can double check what exclusive and exciting mean. Even though I'm a black VIP card holder I'm so happy the benifits are so pathetic. A VIP club inside a VIP club is a disgrace in the first place, especially when it has a £600 buy in.

Hope Lego learn from this mess. There are far better ways to reward loyal customers. 

2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Does anyone know whether the code for the DJ promotion is locked to the account it was sent to? Because Im not going to use mine, I have no interest in a minifig of a character with such an uninteresting design (nor in buying undiscounted lego, for that matter). Its also worth noting that the email says the code is only valid until the 30th, I havent seen that mentioned here

Also, sure is convenient the white gold R2 went to someone who can easily display it to the public... Ah well thats probably for the best anyway.

I have no black VIP-Card but the code can be used by anyone.