MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 minute ago, StanleyRos said:

Why is that Conveyex so expensive? is it because of all those track peices?

there is NO track provided.

scratch that. 

you meant the internal track pieces. 

Edited by Tidy
senior moment.

Just now, Tidy said:

there is NO track provided. 

I meant those individual small black pieces on the build itself.. not sure how to name them correctly.. basicaly tank tracks

6 minutes ago, StanleyRos said:

Why is that Conveyex so expensive? is it because of all those track peices?

Cynical me thinks the two exclusive range troopers might be the culprits. In reality Lego pricing works in mysterious ways. 

25 minutes ago, StanleyRos said:

I meant those individual small black pieces on the build itself.. not sure how to name them correctly.. basicaly tank tracks

yeah. brain fart on my end. 

there are a 100 reasons they change what they do. but we are definitely seeing more 14 cents per piece sets ... 

I don't mind (gritted teeth) paying a reasonable SW licence "tax" even above other licensed Lego, but these latest set prices are now becoming extremely difficult to justify.

I’m quite liking the SDCC Falcon cockpit exclusive set. No exclusive figures is always a bonus. I’ll add it to the list of things to BL once I get round to doing the detention centre set.

37 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I’m quite liking the SDCC Falcon cockpit exclusive set. No exclusive figures is always a bonus. I’ll add it to the list of things to BL once I get round to doing the detention centre set.

I know there is a bunch of exclusive Super heroes figures but they have never done similar with SW right? (not counting the various chrome bobas, r2d2s and c3po, but more normal printed figures)

Just now, Praetorian_Guard said:

I hope we´ll soon get a picture of the interior of the hauler.

that probably isn't going to happen until the first sets get bought off ebay a week or two in advance for a 50% increase and reviewed on youtube.

7 minutes ago, StanleyRos said:

I would expect something along the lines of Krennicks shuttle?

I think it will look a bit like Kylo´s Shuttle because of the similar cockpit-shape.

6 minutes ago, Tidy said:

that probably isn't going to happen until the first sets get bought off ebay a week or two in advance for a 50% increase and reviewed on youtube.

Yes. I was a little surprised that it was not in the detail images.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

I know there is a bunch of exclusive Super heroes figures but they have never done similar with SW right? (not counting the various chrome bobas, r2d2s and c3po, but more normal printed figures)

No thankfully. But there’s always that possibility at some point. They did it with the Fett & Carbonite Brickheadz last year.

2 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Yes. I was a little surprised that it was not in the detail images.

though the one thing we have yet to see, is the back of the box ... at least i don't think it's been shown ... so it is possible that the open cockpit is on the back ...

noone posting videos here, of that channel that has a 360 of every SW set? Some years ago I went to EB to get news, now I have to dig out most of it for myself..

Kind of off topic, but you could paint Rio's arms black and make a four-armed Outrider minifig from Infinity War. It would look so much better than the "arm backpack" they used.

The Conveyex set looks pretty cool. I like the amount of interior space in the carriage and can see myself picking up another set to extend the transport. The Range Troopers look great and its nice getting the blasters in another new colour.

I'm undecided on whether I want the hauler or not. Its well designed but just feels like one of those forgettable sets that winds up taking up too much space and gathering dust. They did a great job capturing the look of Val's figure though and the three aliens look pretty cool. I'm fine with getting another Qi'ra minifigure. Duplicates of the same figure can be annoying over time, but getting existing characters in new costume variations is always welcome.

The SDCC Falcon Cockpit set looks fantastic and I definitely plan on recreating it with my own parts.

Ok - I'll probably get the Conveyex, Imperial landing Craft & Snoke's Throne Room from this wave, although I suspect there will be a battle pack released soon that either contains more Range Troopers/Mud Troopers or Snoke's Praetorian Guard.

The Hauler would be tempting as it combines with the Conveyex but the minifig selection does nothing for me. I like the speeders but again the minifigs don't really appeal.

Add those to the cost of the UCS Cloud City if it's decent and it's looking like an expensive end of year for me.

I very much like the train, think I need two of them at minimum! Similarly impressed with the speeder set and a proper Beckett figure. I want to like the Hauler but between the odd coloring and minifigure selections I’ll probably pass... :cry_sad:

Ok wow... I've just seen the German catalogue for 2018 2HY. The new X-Wing is €100,00?! I normally don't complain about prices, but this is outrageous (if true). This thing is supossed to be $80,00 in the US. How the hell is the same set $115,00 in Germany... X-wing, 4 figs, 731 pieces: €100,00. Hogwarts Great Hall, 10 figs, 878 pieces: €100,00.

On 6/19/2018 at 1:06 PM, lomis said:

As far as I can tell they are from a video on Youtube.

The pics have since been posted to the LEGOLeaks Discord.

There's no such thing as a lego leaks discord. There's a lego discord group and nothing more.

On 6/5/2018 at 1:33 AM, Forresto said:

However I'm curious how Solo's box office performance will effect future releases?  

If you mean future sets it will mostly likely not really effect them much (I dont think) UNLESS Lego says that "The movie didn't sell. Lets not waste money on lego sets from this movie"

If we are talking about future movies then yes. solo has affected those. All those boycotters who said "Lets boycott SOLO to make disney realize that we want better movies" have made disney now say "We are postponing all future anthology movies until a unknown date (including Kenobi)"

1 hour ago, bountybossk said:

Ok wow... I've just seen the German catalogue for 2018 2HY. The new X-Wing is €100,00?! I normally don't complain about prices, but this is outrageous (if true). This thing is supossed to be $80,00 in the US. How the hell is the same set $115,00 in Germany... X-wing, 4 figs, 731 pieces: €100,00. Hogwarts Great Hall, 10 figs, 878 pieces: €100,00.

Three things might have happened here:

1: You read it wrong. It might have said €100.00 with a . in between 100 and 00. Thus putting it at $80USD

2: A printing typo

3: Massive inflation like you have never seen it before

It is probably option 1 or 2

Edited by BBProductions
forgot a key word which without might have mislead others reading my post

39 minutes ago, BBProductions said:

Three things might have happened here:

1: You read it wrong. It might have said €100.00 with a . in between 100 and 00. Thus putting it at $80USD

2: A printing typo

3: Massive inflation like you have never seen it before

It is probably option 1 or 2

i choose number 4, eurozone is getting screwed on the x-wing ...

in euro land 100,00 is the same as 100.00 ... note that a bulk of the world uses the comma as we use the period [decimal] ... and 100 euro is roughly 115 usd ... the x-wing is indeed being launched at a price of 100 euro in most eurozone countries ...

now one thing most people forget when comparing countries is taxes ... europe has its taxes baked into the base price ... ie wysiwyg - what you see is what you get ... meaning that 20% VAT is part of the 100 euro price ... in america, we pay sales tax [ranges in % from 0 [yay delaware] to over 10 in louisiana] and that is calculated above the price you see ... 

3 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i choose number 4, eurozone is getting screwed on the x-wing ...

in euro land 100,00 is the same as 100.00 ... note that a bulk of the world uses the comma as we use the period [decimal] ... and 100 euro is roughly 115 usd ... the x-wing is indeed being launched at a price of 100 euro in most eurozone countries ...

now one thing most people forget when comparing countries is taxes ... europe has its taxes baked into the base price ... ie wysiwyg - what you see is what you get ... meaning that 20% VAT is part of the 100 euro price ... in america, we pay sales tax [ranges in % from 0 [yay delaware] to over 10 in louisiana] and that is calculated above the price you see ... 

That is true. But no one can deny the massive price increases in the official prices that lego states in the last couple of years. There is alwasy inflation, but my salary, which is nor maly ajusted to inflation does not grow by the numbers lego does it's prices.

As a result alter 1 or 2 months it's easy to find most sets at -20% of -30%

I allready bought the still new han solo movie sets at -40% in a sale.