MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

9 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

Qi-Ra not quite doing it for me, which is saying a lot as I’m kinda obsessed with her after the film ;)

Same.

It's really a shame about Rio. The directors must have shaved him at the last minute. Although I like the furry version much better, this is inaccurate and almost ruins the figure for me.

Edited by Range Trooper

The Conveyex seems to be the most solid set, although having only one wagon is a bit disappointing. Range troopers are very good and they have white blasters. Two wagons would hit the spot. The wagons seem to be easy to replicate though so a good excuse to mod the set. 

The design is difficult and interesting. It would need four of them to have a minimal Conveyex complete set, with just four wagons and no rail.

The cloud raiders speeders complement this set very well. The train is a bit small for the speeders, though, and also for the hauler, which seems to be huge compared to the train. 

Not particularly convinced about the hauler, although it has three good alien figures, which is the strongest point IMO. Don't know why Qi'ra is there... maybe a Solo's dream?

Would the hauler carry an AT-ST from RO? That would be a good plus.

I like the solo sets as a whole. Nice to get a few net sets from time to time... PT & OT seemed to be on repeat. 

Conveyex really needed another carriage to be fair. Shame it wasn't designed to go on the new rollercoaster tracks...

When I start to think about it, Im pretty sure the leaker of these sets did not include the gunner in the Conveyex and included another Becket figure in the Hauler that did not appear so I as I said when this rumor came out, you should never be 100 % sure until you actually see the official pictures, 

15 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Pictures of the Hauler is out

There is two enforcer and no Becket, good news!

I sense disturbance in the force!

I don't get why the set has 2 Dryden Vos enforcers. Not cool. Not cool.

It's good that Conveyex set and the Hauler set has combined play features... but mehhh.  

5 hours ago, Lucarex said:

So we finally get to see an *ahem* "unofficial preview" (box art and play features) of 75216 Snoke's Throne Room. 

August 1st release confirmed? Assume price will be in the 40-50 range.

Official pictures have been out for a while, and the August 1st release date and the $70 price point have been confirmed since the toy fair it was revealed at. Sadly, it’s horrendously overpriced. 

The Range Troopers look nice even if they certainly would have benefitted from dual molded legs to represent their heavy boots... Overall the Conveyex set seems to a good one: minifig selection is excellent (despite the gunner not showing up in the movie), and the builds looks reasonable considering the lower part of the train would have made this set extremely expensive. Actually I am worried about the price as it is. Two key characters, two good and possibly unique troopers, and a unique gunner, plus a highly recognizable scene. People will buy it. I will.

Also, does the gunner have some kind of neck piece? I cannot tell for sure...

3 hours ago, Flieger said:

Also, does the gunner have some kind of neck piece? I cannot tell for sure...

Yes. The same as the range troopers have, but in black.

I really like the Conveyex, even thinking of getting two and simply connect them. Does anyone remember if there was also a train engine at the end of the conveyex? I don't exactly remember but would say there was just a wagon at the end?

9 minutes ago, zz-80 said:

I really like the Conveyex, even thinking of getting two and simply connect them. Does anyone remember if there was also a train engine at the end of the conveyex? I don't exactly remember but would say there was just a wagon at the end?

There was a caboose with a turret on it, which is what we get in the set. 

6 hours ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Official pictures have been out for a while, and the August 1st release date and the $70 price point have been confirmed since the toy fair it was revealed at. Sadly, it’s horrendously overpriced. 

Pics yes but AFAIK not box art (showing play features). 

70? Yikes...

13 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

Although I like the furry version much better, this is inaccurate and almost ruins the figure for me.

It ruins the figure from being Rio but you could use the parts to make another Ardennian which is what I plan on doing to give my rebel alliance some much needed species diversity.

(It would mix well with the U-wing pilot torso seeing as the arms are earth blue.)

13 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

The directors must have shaved him at the last minute. Although I like the furry version much better, this is inaccurate and almost ruins the figure for me.

I think Rio must have shaved last minute to stop his beard coming through the bottom of the Mudtrooper helmet ;)

Would take a lot to ruin this figure for me - two new and wonderful moulds on one figure! :)

These Solo summer sets are pretty great tbh, might be the best 2nd wave we gotten for new movies. Both hauler and Conveyex look amazing and minifigures are great. I’m pleasantly surprised that entire Conveyex heist scene could be recreated using 3 summer sets. Great wave!

even one of the official posters for the movie shows rio in full beard ... 

i second the theory on him shaving for the mudtrooper disguise ...

latest?cb=20180424011233

and in case no one really noticed, val has a second face with goggles printed too ...

5 hours ago, Calanon said:

There was a caboose with a turret on it, which is what we get in the set. 

watching the trailer a dozen times again last night, there were 17 cars and one engine in the wide panoramic shot of the train ... all 17 'looked' the same to me ... but i really want the dvd now so i can study better angles ... as the trailer may not be the best thing to judge off [though it is all i have now] ... 

maybe the last car is a 'caboose' or a modded cargo car to carry the range troopers ... i can't quite recall the last car having a turret in the movie, but it's been a hot minute since i saw it ...

11 minutes ago, benderisgreat said:

These Solo summer sets are pretty great tbh, might be the best 2nd wave we gotten for new movies. Both hauler and Conveyex look amazing and minifigures are great. I’m pleasantly surprised that entire Conveyex heist scene could be recreated using 3 summer sets. Great wave!

agreed.

and on the conveyex box art, you can see the hauler picking up the cargo car ... granted it is sideways ...

Edited by Tidy
grammar

I watched the han solo and i really enjoy it and i need to get some sets of it soon looking forward to get a summer wave solo sets does anyone know about uk prices on the star wars summer wave ?

SIG.jpg.4eaa47a27e9174122b635232fc0db1e9.jpg

56 minutes ago, ninjagoyax555 said:

I watched the han solo and i really enjoy it and i need to get some sets of it soon looking forward to get a summer wave solo sets does anyone know about uk prices on the star wars summer wave ?

Hate to say it, but they are going to be at least £80-90 each...or at least the new Solo ones anyway

Edited by OB1

Prices and piece counts for STAR WARS system sets and brickheadz.

US prices are shown as MSRP [walmart, target].

July 

41619 Darth Vader, $9.99 [$7.97, $9.99] USD, 104 pieces.
41620 Stormtrooper, $9.99 [$7.97, $9.99] USD, 124 pieces. 

August 

75203 - Hoth Medical Chamber [walmart exclusive] $29.99 [$29.97, na] USD 255 pieces. 
75214 - Anakin's Jedi Starfighter $19.99 [$16.00, $19.99] USD 247 pieces. 
75215 - Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes $29.99 [$24.00, $29.99] USD 355 pieces. 
75216 - Snoke's Throne Room $69.99 [$69.00, $69.99] USD 492 pieces. 
75217 - Imperial Conveyex Transport $89.99 [$89.00, $89.99] USD 622 pieces. 
75218 - X-Wing Starfighter $79.99 [$79.00, $79.99] USD 731 pieces. 
75219 - Imperial AT-Hauler $99.99 [$99.96, $99.99] 829 pieces. 
75220 - Sandcrawler $139.99 [$139.96, $139.99] USD 1239 pieces. 
75221 - Imperial Landing Craft $89.99 [$89.00, $89.99] USD 636 pieces. 

September

75213 - Advent Calendar $39.99 [$39.96, $39.99] USD 307 pieces. 

October

41627 Luke and Yoda $14.99 [$14.97, $14.99] USD 215 pieces. 
41628 Princess Leia $9.99 [$7.97, $9.99] USD 124 pieces. 
41629 Boba Fett $9.99 [$7.97, $9.99] USD 161 pieces.

1 hour ago, benderisgreat said:

Lets hope they sell well so we got more Solo sets in the near future

31 minutes ago, Tidy said:

75217 - Imperial Conveyex Transport $89.99 [$89.00, $89.99] USD 622 pieces. 

75219 - Imperial AT-Hauler $99.99 [$99.96, $99.99] 829 pieces. 

Are these accurate? I thought the AT Hauler was going to be $70.

Those pricing are consistent with what we heard for a while; The conveyex at 90$ is almost ridiculous, even more so than the Hauler at 100$.

Even at 20% off it's stretching it.  

Edited by RetroInferno

18 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Are these accurate? I thought the AT Hauler was going to be $70.

i’d bet a uber fancy steak dinner in manhattan wrt accuracy. the walmart and target are pulled from their systems.