MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I thought the conveyex would be light grey but nevertheless I like it.

I really like that we will get more modified blasters in official sets and... white blasters!!!

I also like the moveable cannon on the top.

I think I´ll buy Snoke´s Troneroom, the Imperial Landing Craft, the hauler, the speeder set and the conveyex on the day they release. And then there are also the HP Sets and Cloud City...This will be a very expensive summer.:classic:

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

Really happy with the Conveyex minifigures, but pretty disappointed with the set itself. I'll likely buy it when it is discounted or during an offer somewhere around christmas, but definitely need to buy a couple more rangetroopers. Just hope someone is able to release a decent mod instruction to make it look a bit better refined at the front particularly.

AT-Hauler is a nice set, I will more than likely be picking it up at some point. Just hope we eventually get an official AT-DT to go with it, as I'd prefer to create something of a Mimban diorama with it and fill out my mudtrooper ranks.

Val is the only figure that is even decent in the hauler set. Build looks good though. The conveyex looks very bad for the price but I love the range troopers and the gunner. And also, now we won't have to pay > $30 for white blasters!

1 hour ago, Range Trooper said:

Val is the only figure that is even decent in the hauler set. Build looks good though. The conveyex looks very bad for the price but I love the range troopers and the gunner. And also, now we won't have to pay > $30 for white blasters!

For me it's only the presence of another Qi'ra that bothers me, rest of the figures are solid, and actually satisfied that they they include two new head molds, it's not too often TLG do that nowadays

Love the range trooper as well, but should have something that make their feet look bigger, some kind of new molded shoe. And that gunner feels necessary, would rather have wanted another marauder instead. Is he even in the movie? cannot recall

Edited by Sneakguest

I was really curious to see what they were gonna do with the conveyex, like it was said before it's a nightmare for designers. I was even expecting to see something like the Constitution Train set from The Lone Ranger and maybe another speeder bike with a gang member thrown in. But I suppose this is a better (and less expensive) option, although a monorail without a rail is a bit weird.

I kinda like the hauler but this minifig selection is the weirdest... but I suppose Lego based that on the info they got before all the reshoots. I just wish we had 2 mudtroopers instead of 2 helmetless enforcers.

Aside maybe for Dryden's office thing, they have most of the important scenes covered now. They could still release a Dryden minifig in a polybag (would be sad if we got the unnecessary mud-covered Solo but not the main bad guy) but that's really too bad there's no Mimban battlepack.

Edited by Elrond

Weird that the Range Troopers have printed kamas instead of fabric ones, but they're still great! I kinda like the train set, though it does lack detail in the front and one more regular cart would've been nice.

As expected from the earlier leaked images, Rio is actually based on his concept art version (that also appears on his character poster strangely enough) and not on the final CG version of the movie. He has blue fur so is quite inaccurate, but still a nice figure. I really like the build of the AT-hauler.

I was really confused about the hauler Qi'Ra, but it seems be based on her appearance in the bar. For anyone who is still confused like I was.

Emilia-as-Qi-ra-in-Solo-A-Star-Wars-Story-emilia-clarke-41378462-400-500.jpg

Range Troopers should've had light grey dual molded boots but oh well, they look fab otherwise. Will need snow trooper Kama to feel complete.

The cold weather Imperial Gunner is gorgeous, too bad they weren't in the film.

Conveyex doesn't look terrible but feels like needs one more car to feel like a proper train.

The AT Hauler is a great looking set, will have to modify so it can latch onto my AT-ST model.

Sortve dissapointed by the Rio four arm solution, if one sleeve cracks its ruined. At the very least I wish the arms had been spread out more. 

So far the Marauder Swoop Gang, Imperial Landing Craft, and AT Hauler are the only sets that interest me.

Edited by Forresto

Thoughts on new Solo sets. The Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes has some nice figures, builds are bland. Nice little Battle pack though. Imperial AT- Hauler looks bad to me. I think it looks to blocky and odd. I like the little catwalk build though, minifigures are interesting but based off useless characters so I don't care for them. The Conveyex is my favorite set of the Solo bunch. A nice build which the others lack, though no interesting figs here. I wish it was bigger though. Overall I don't care for any of the late 2018 Star Wars sets except the Conveyex and Snoke's Throne Room. This half is not as good as the first one. Do we know if the other UCS set is Cloud City? Thinking of maybe saving for it.

Edited by Khscarymovie4

*pictures removed*

Well I for one like it. glad the range troopers have new helmets and pros to @Bobmcguy for predicting the gunner.

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't post leaked photos

Imperial Hauler is fantastic. Minifigire choice is inaccurate, but they look amazing (Rio is :wub:). Weird, two same (I know, different facial expressions) Dryden's thugs, but no Dryden. It's dumb. I love the build. 

Conveyex, has phenomenal minifigures. Ramge Troopers are the best. All of the look awesome. I really like the build. It's not awesome, it's not incredible, but it's great. But wait. It can't be so good. Well, it isn't. 90$ for that? I wanted to buy it, but I won't, or I will wait for a HUGE discount.

So we finally get to see an *ahem* "unofficial preview" (box art and play features) of 75216 Snoke's Throne Room. 

August 1st release confirmed? Assume price will be in the 40-50 range.

Edited by Lucarex

These three Solo sets are not incredible, but all are great and balanced. We have brand new figs or interesting new design for the others. Each vehicle have design and shapes we've never seen before. There is uncommon parts and new alien species (Rio and the guards). In my opinion, there is far more fresh things in this three sets than in the whole TLJ sets, where we still looking for aliens. 

The AT Hauler is underscale but that was especting, we still have to see the indoor, there may have a shower :classic:. The forward arms are not accurate but it still better than cables for playability. I'm not against Rio arms, it's the best compromise for the fig shape. Val is great.

Speeders are full of interesting details. 

The Conveyex is the best of the three for me, and maybe the best Star Wars set this year. It was expected for such set to have no tracks and just one wagon. The ones who want more troopers and wagon just have to buy several. The shape is nice, scaled, there is enough space inside the wagon and the engine. Great build, parts and figs.

A shame it's only got the engine and the caboose but no cargo containers. Still, looks like a good set with solid minifigs.

I was expecting more from the Conveyex but what we get looks good. For the price we really should've gotten at least one more section of the train. The AT Hauler looks great and the Swoop bike set looks great. I also like that all 3 of these sets can be brought together to pretty much get the whole sequence of events for that part of the film.

Edited by ToaDraco

Rio is brilliant - love the arms. Nice of him to have a shave for the film as well!

Val, Range and Gunner all excellent.

I like the enforcers but shame they don’t have helmets really.

Qi-Ra not quite doing it for me, which is saying a lot as I’m kinda obsessed with her after the film ;)