MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

48 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Where are those pics?

48 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Where are those pics?

both are on legoleaks instagram

Whos excited for the new x wing and the new imperial landing craft?

we're also getting a new anakins starfighter and hoth medical chamber with luke and leia and bacta tank

Who knows, maybe we'll get a set later that features the scene in Dryden's office toward the end of the film. It'd be especially great if it featured both Dryden Vos and an updated Maul! Chances are slim though considering we haven't gotten anything for Rogue One since the initial wave and I doubt we will for a long time if ever and I suspect Solo and other anthology films will follow the same trend. 

Yeah I'm baffled as to why the Qi'ra minifigure has that torso. I wish they'd included her jacket-less from the scene where she met back up with Han again.

Images can be found here:

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't post leaked photos

The way the shuttle opens and you immediatly get access to drop your troops is very nice for play; The only downside with this set is the mini-figs line-up; I would have dumped both Obi-Wan and R2 for more sandtroopers. You can seat 2 of them on each sides of the craft. 

I'll gladly get one if there's an interesting promo or the inevitable 20% off on amazon. 

Maybe it's my OCD but why are shuttle pilots not wearing black gloves still :sad:

2 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

Yeah I'm baffled as to why the Qi'ra minifigure has that torso. I wish they'd included her jacket-less from the scene where she met back up with Han again.

I would love that too, but sadly I doubt that would ever make it into a minifigure due to her very low cut top. Then again, they have done Slave Leia, Oola, and others.

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

The way the shuttle opens and you immediatly get access to drop your troops is very nice for play; The only downside with this set is the mini-figs line-up; I would have dumped both Obi-Wan and R2 for more sandtroopers. You can seat 2 of them on each sides of the craft. 

I'll gladly get one if there's an interesting promo or the inevitable 20% off on amazon. 

Maybe it's my OCD but why are shuttle pilots not wearing black gloves still :sad:

I’m torn about this set I really love the sentinel shuttle and sand troopers. But I don’t need another R2 or obi wan. I would have loved more troopers or even another Tusken raider would have been better. I’ll probably end up getting it and see about fixing the shuttle up. 

4 hours ago, OB1 said:

Images can be found here:

I really wanted this set since I´ve seen the first picture. I think this will be a Day-One-Purchase.

I hope we´ll soon get some pics of the conveyex and some better ones of the hauler.

From the main image Brother Brick are using (with the blue background), there appear to be an awful lot of gaps in that shuttle. Behind the cockpit, behind the dorsal fin, and that's before you even look at the weird side gap. I think there might be a lot of work to do on this one to get it looking near screen accurate. 

3 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Strange (but somehow interesting) way to keep the perceptible shape of the ship using white plates and black plates for the actual base of the cockpit. 

It's a bit disappointing the interior of the ship and the gaps outside. The old one was way better, in addition to have 4 stormtroopers, which is something I cannot understand why it isn't the case now.

In any case, the design is better than the old one in other ways, and it's great for children to get an Imperial landing craft now that we have got so many sets focused on Tatooine in the past years. So, even with its drawbacks, I would say it's a must buy for me, at least for my children to play with and as another (always good) excuse to modify it to make it more accurate :tongue:.  

Edited by dvogon
typo

12 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Who knows, maybe we'll get a set later that features the scene in Dryden's office toward the end of the film. It'd be especially great if it featured both Dryden Vos and an updated Maul! Chances are slim though considering we haven't gotten anything for Rogue One since the initial wave and I doubt we will for a long time if ever and I suspect Solo and other anthology films will follow the same trend. 

This would kind of make sense as for every new Star Wars film so far the initial wave of sets were just vehicles whereas in the second wave we usually get at least one playset (takodana,scarif,ahch to}. And we haven’t had a scheduledplayset so far so the office would make sense unless we actually do get that mimban set which i personally believe is fake.

I'm just dying to see whether they screwed up the Range Troopers or if we have another fantastic rendition for the Imperial war machine.

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

I'm just dying to see whether they screwed up the Range Troopers or if we have another fantastic rendition for the Imperial war machine.

Same here. I imagine they've used the hovertank pilot helmet mould. 

Just now, Tidy said:

where might one have seen this?!

Russian site

Val looks good, but Rio has googles in the way of his face, so difficult to get a close up on his face print, cannot really see the solution of his four arms either, but it looks like its a new double arms mold since his back is clear of any body gear

the new at hauler the construccions is good but the minifiguras they are mediocre less rio that is beautiful 

forgive my english im not from around here

52 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Pictures of the Hauler is out

Where did you see those pictures? I can only find the old one.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

42 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Where did you see those pictures? I can only find the old one.

As far as I can tell they are from a video on Youtube.

The pics have since been posted to the LEGOLeaks Discord.

There is a video about the Conveyex too, looks a bit weird, but good news, the range troopers has new helmet mold I think.

The hauler can lift the second part of the train, andt there is the gunner figure too. 

By the way, I love the At-hauler since the first pics of the actual ship and I'm satisfied with the lego one. I like how they tried to put most of the functions to the set, but I'll definitely modifying it. The figs in both sets are nice, but i would like to see Dryden Vos instead of one of the henchmen.

Edited by Gubi0222

Rio has a new 4 arms torso piece. Wow

The 2 Dryden Vos enforcers have different head prints. It's a real shame they dont have their helmets though. 

Really, really weird line-up for that vehicle.

With the conveyex it's a bit like damn you if you, damn you if you don't case: the mini-figs are all solid but the train is a design nightmare to put in Lego form. You want to make a model thats not too expensive but looks like the real thing; you can't put the upper and lower part of the train without a track because that's at least a 200$ set.

Edited by RetroInferno