MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

22 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Remember the imperial officer torso used on the Sandcrawler droid by ''accident?'' on the Lego expo floor for their summer sets? That looked a lot like the what the Imperial Colonel on Mimban was wearing and the torso is also spotted by dirt. 

That gives a lot of credency to the rumored Mimban trench set I heard being mentionned a couple times. Wouldn't be the first time a set comes out of the blue either. 

Dirt on the Mimban minifigures in 75211 is represented using dark tan and dark gray. However, the torso mistakenly used on the Sandcrawler droid features white or light gray marks, probably representing snow. Also, that torso undeniably resembles the concept art for a Conveyex gunner. If Lego had a Mimban set planned, they most likely would have released the Mimban Stormtrooper and the Mimban versions of Han and Beckett in that set, instead of shoehorning them into the TIE Fighter set. As for a reason why we haven't heard of an imperial driver/gunner being included in 75217, the person who 'leaked' the minifigure lineup may have been looking at the box art, which may not have shown the figure (since it's most likely in the Conveyex itself).

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

I don't think that's Tag and Bink (a shame that they where cut out of the movie)

Solo-Star-Wars-Story-Tag-Bink-Cameo-Why.

Tag and Bink are in the visual guide but their picture is at the back of the book in the index.

Their scene was at the Imperial Flight Academy on Carida which was cut unfortunately.

The above officers wearing trench coats are named as Commander Xodell and Major Staz.

Edited by Forresto

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

Tag and Bink are in the visual guide but their picture is at the back of the book in the index.

Their scene was at the Imperial Flight Academy on Carida which was cut unfortunately.

The above officers wearing trench coats are named as Commander Xodell and Major Staz.

Staz was the officer that encouraged Han to get a move on during the Mimban battle scenes before being blown up in an explosion, and then command fell to 'Captain Beckett'. I imagine Xodell can be spotted if one looks closely enough in the scene in which they walk through the trenches after the battle is over.

I think if an imperial officer was to be included in a Mimban set, as has been suggested in the past by reports, then it would most likely be intended to represent Major Staz or Lieutenant Bolandin (the officer who ordered Han to be thrown in with 'the beast' after Beckett sold him out as a traitor). The described set included Chewbacca and a Mudtrooper also - if the set was indeed intended to represent Chewbacca's pit, then the rumoured minifigure selection would, theoretically, be Lieutenant Bolandin (as Staz has been killed in action by this point in the narrative), Chewie and a generic Swamp trooper. 

I do hope that this rumour has some validity to it as a future release, even if it seems to have been swept under the carpet recently, as it would be ideal as both a playset and a relatively inexpensive means of acquiring those Mudtroopers. 

5 hours ago, Forresto said:

I saw them in the visual guide index and it looks to me like they're the same two actors. I know they've got different names in those photos but...

Anyway, this is totally non-lego chat so I'll leave it now. 

I know it’s unlikely but I hope if we get mudtroopers they are not completely covered in mud. We just don’t get imperial army represented much and it would be nice to have a way to build up some regular army troops. I’ll still get a bunch if they are muddy. 

LEGO always shows every figure included in the set at the bottom corner of the box. Maybe the leaker did not look at the box art itself? If this is true, maybe there's still a chance at getting a Dryden Vos!

2 minutes ago, Range Trooper said:

LEGO always shows every figure included in the set at the bottom corner of the box. Maybe the leaker did not look at the box art itself? If this is true, maybe there's still a chance at getting a Dryden Vos!

Probably not, but this would be awesome.

4 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

I'm pretty sure I saw a leaked picture of one of Dryden's enforcers while looking for pics on Google (I think it came from Reddit). If they have one of those, I can't imagine they won't include the main baddie in whatever set the enforcer will be.

Dryden Vos is not a complated figure to produce. Just prints on a regular figure with a hair piece mold that's been done.

To not have him would be completely bizzare.

Unless the lion faced henchman was meant to be Vos before they had to change Vos's species. Originally he was meant to be the same species as his henchman.

Dryden would be perfect for LEGO's current polybag standards. It wouldn't require any new molds, dual molding, or arm print or print on the sides of the legs.

What's the usual production time of a lego set? From getting the source material to having the sets manufactured?

Lord and Miller were fired in June 2017; Dryden Vos was meant to be an alien by that time that's for sure; a lot of concept arts shows some kind of reptilian species but also the lion kind species (Hylobon). 

There's so much in the behind the scenes we'll never know for sure.

55 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

What's the usual production time of a lego set? From getting the source material to having the sets manufactured?

Lord and Miller were fired in June 2017; Dryden Vos was meant to be an alien by that time that's for sure; a lot of concept arts shows some kind of reptilian species but also the lion kind species (Hylobon). 

I'm convinced the henchman in the upcoming set is actually what Dryden was orginally meant to look like.

We never see the henchman it's supposedly based on without a helmet and the Lego figure doesn't have a helmet. 

The henchman is a lion alien that somewhat resembles the concept art of Lion Dryden. 

I think what we're seeing is Lego cleverly fixing something that once again got changed on them from the art they recieved to the final release.

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

18 months, 1 and a half year.

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

A new Qi'Ra Minifigure has leaked.

Maybe the version from the Hauler.

It is from Hauler.

This minifigure is good, but still not great.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is from Hauler.

Where is the picture!?

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

It is from Hauler.

I agree, and least anticipated. Looking forward to see Val and the Range trooper

Not sure if the image I saw is Qi'ra. Also she wasn't even in the Hawler sequence so no sense for her to appear in one of those sets. Maybe it's a character from the rumoured Jurassic World UCS?

Box Art for Imperial Landing Craft has leaked. Looks good.

The leaker said she was in the hauler

And what's that about a jurassic world ucs?

Oh okay I saw the Qi'ra figure. It's okay, at least the belt is tilted this time. Would have much rather have gotten the version ofor Qi'ra in her dryden's yacht outfit

Isn't it weird that they using the last Jedi backdrop instead of Solo?

And about that Qi'Ra mini-fig, the only instance she was wearing that fur coat is when Han is meeting with Lando the first time; also a weird inclusion.