MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Just now, LegoLord54 said:

Do you mean Instagram?

yes he means instagram.  from when i originally dropped it, it quickly made its way there ... just search the hashtags legoleak or legoleaks and follow the searches to get the updates ...

The Cloudrider Gang set is almost a mandatory buy for this theme.

Great figures all important throughout the movie with two great builds, all at a low price. 

8 hours ago, CF Mitch said:

The usual place :thumbup: (not sure if I'm allowed to be more specific, so I hope you get it  :innocent2: )

Just seen it too, and I think it looks better now. Will definitely get it :sweet:

Regards,
Mitch

The Imperial Landing Craft does look really good. I think my only concern is that it has the gap between the sides that creates a shape that doesn't seem to exist on the actual ship. 

Probably something that's easily fixable so it's a purchase for me as well.

Might order four of the long curving pieces used for the cabin (two for the bottom and top on each side) and extend it by another section as the actual ship is fairly long.

Edited by Forresto

Just now, Forresto said:

I think my only concern is that it has that gap between the sides creates a shape that doesn't seem to exist on the actual ship. 

i don't quite get that ... unless they are hiding spring loaded missiles in there ... i'm curious to see if this one opens up and detaches like the last one ... been trying to nail down the back of the box image ...

18 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

Isn't beckett supposed to have a small red square on his left pocket? It's not on the figure

the 'red square' is actually on his coveralls, under the trench coat ... i have a few stills that show the trench coat fully covering it ... so yeah ... 

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

The Imperial Landing Craft does look really good. I think my only concern is that it has the gap between the sides that creates a shape that doesn't seem to exist on the actual ship. 

True, there is still that. But in the initially released picture the overall shape of the vessel seemed off as well, and that's no longer the case.
Nevertheless, the Imperial Landing Craft will look great next to my Imperial Shuttle :wub:

Regards,
Mitch

1 minute ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Weird. Nobody mentioned that 75203 Hoth Medical Chamber box art leaked.

It's great, but I hate this weird floor-wallpaper.

bwahahah, i don't normally mention things i do ... 

please explain 'weird floor-wallpaper ... if you're referring to the dark dark grey thing under the figs and set, that's not actually part of the set ...

On 6/12/2018 at 12:06 PM, Sneakguest said:

If the purpose was to combins, they would not include Becket twice

Not sure about that reasoning, there are 3 small TLBM sets that combine with each other and they all have Batman. 

here's my theory ... what if the hauler includes a slightly different beckett ... ie with printed goggles ... then you have the 2 becketts and 2 hans [assuming conveyex han has fur coat and goggles too] and with the swoop bikes you can re-create the standoff on savareen ... to me that would be the wisest move ... 

Spoiler

So what about the sets in August. I personally think that the Sandcrawler is lame compared to the one we got for the UCS subtheme. The X-Wing is great for people who never got one before (myself included) but again pales compared to the UCS one. Anakin's Star Fighter is better than the last one, and is not overpriced so good job! Snoake's throne room is sooo overpriced though guys! For people like me who cannot afford a ton of LEGO, why would the company release a set for 70 USD that is super small and not movie accurate? I get it. :angry:

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Weird. Nobody mentioned that 75203 Hoth Medical Chamber box art leaked.

It's great, but I hate this weird floor-wallpaper.

Haven't seen the both box anywhere, none of my usual places. Any pointers?

Just now, Richpepperell said:

Haven't seen the both box anywhere, none of my usual places. Any pointers?

Try reddit. That's where I found them.

Just now, MKJoshA said:

Try reddit. That's where I found them.

Yeah, found it as soon as I commented. Love the fact they've got a bottle of wine breathing on the sideboard...

20 minutes ago, madeofblox said:

Snoake's throne room is sooo overpriced though guys! For people like me who cannot afford a ton of LEGO, why would the company release a set for 70 USD that is super small and not movie accurate? I get it. :angry:

Welcome to the forum. I understand the feeling a lot of people here get that the throne room is overpriced and/or underwhelming. Based on the official photos out now I tried building a sketch model of the set and I have to say... it looks bigger and better in person. I think it's going to end up being one of the best sets of the wave... but not one that everyone buys. 

It reminds me of the old Palpatine's Arrest kit... it was kind of an ugly duckling at the time, but now it's quite valuable. https://brickset.com/sets/9526-1/Palpatine-s-Arrest

Agree with others that the swoop bike kit is a must buy... great Beckett fig (Woody!) and the swoop riders are exceptional. 

Edited by darththeling
formatting

13 hours ago, Robianco said:

The Swoop Bike set really does look nice but I'm more looking forward to the Hoth Medical Bay set. It really should have been part of the UCS Hoth set but I'm not sure whether the desire to include that new version of Leia in the UCS Falcon first led to it becoming a separate thing.

I had a similar feeling with the Hoth Medical Bay set. It really deserves to be in the UCS(?) Hoth set, instead of the Wampa cave, which could have been a very good separate add-on set with enough playability with Luke, a tauntaun and the Wampa.

If there is some good logic behind the Hoth Medical Bay set I fail to grasp it. Its playability is close to zero. There is an injured Luke to put in the medical capsule and then resting on the bed with his sister hanging around.

It isn't like Darth Vader Transformation set, even if this one is a very AFOL oriented set. In one hand there is an injured Anakin that gets transformed into a brand new Darth Vader with the Emperor supervision and both characters have plenty of usage in children games during all the OT time. On the other hand, we have Leia alone with a Hoth suit. The medical droid has more usage though.

I see the Hoth Medical Bay set more as a patch of the UCS(?) Hoth set and a welcome after-thought addition. If that were the case I'll be more than happy, as it would be a form of recognising errors and a willing of fixing them, even after some time.

But maybe this is too elaborated and your idea of delaying the medical bay set because of Leia minifig makes sense as well and it's simpler, which is always a good property of a theory.

Edited by dvogon

The official LEGO description states that you can combine all 3 sets to create "the ultimate heist" (or something to that extent)

1 minute ago, Range Trooper said:

The official LEGO description states that you can combine all 3 sets to create "the ultimate heist" (or something to that extent)

Chase down Tobias Beckett’s coaxium with the Cloud-Riders’ swoop bikes, featuring 2 speeders with stud shooters, plus 3 minifigures, coaxium canister and assorted weapons.

Ages: 8 - 14 Pieces: 355

Help Tobias Beckett protect the precious coaxium from Enfys Nest and Weazel on their super-fast LEGO® Star Wars 75215 Cloud-Rider Swoop Bikes! Each speeder has big engines for maximum speed and is armed with powerful stud shooters. Will Tobias escape before the greedy gangsters steal the coaxium? That's for you to decide with this exciting LEGO Star Wars set!

Includes 3 minifigures: Tobias Beckett, Enfys Nest and Weazel.
Features 2 sleek swoop bike speeders with open minifigure cockpits and stud shooters. One also has a sidecar and space to store the included box of coaxium.
Weapons include Beckett's 2 blaster pistols, Enfys Nest's weapon and Weazel's blaster.
Recreate amazing adventure scenes from Solo: A Star Wars Story.
Combine with the 75217 Imperial Conveyex Transport and 75219 Imperial AT-Hauler for the ultimate high-speed train heist!
Swoop bike with sidecar measures over 1” (5cm) high, 8” (21cm) long and 3” (9cm) wide.
Swoop bike without sidecar measures over 3” (9cm) high, 7” (19cm) long and 1” (5cm) wide.

I’m still just waiting to get full reveal of the other two Solo sets now. I really want a better look at that Rio figure. I also want to see how the Range Troopers look in the other set.

On 6/13/2018 at 9:10 PM, Tidy said:

bwahahah, i don't normally mention things i do ... 

please explain 'weird floor-wallpaper ... if you're referring to the dark dark grey thing under the figs and set, that's not actually part of the set ...

I know it's not part of the set. It just looks really outta place and weird.

I think 75203's box would look a lot better if it were just a generic snowy background.

I'm trying to figure out if the new triangular tiles on Brickheadz Boba Fett's helmet are red or dark red. What do people think?

9 hours ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

I’m still just waiting to get full reveal of the other two Solo sets now. I really want a better look at that Rio figure. I also want to see how the Range Troopers look in the other set.

There's more than 3 Solo sets coming.

Remember the imperial officer torso used on the Sandcrawler droid by ''accident?'' on the Lego expo floor for their summer sets? That looked a lot like the what the Imperial Colonel on Mimban was wearing and the torso is also spotted by dirt. 

That gives a lot of credency to the rumored Mimban trench set I heard being mentionned a couple times. Wouldn't be the first time a set comes out of the blue either. 

10 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

That gives a lot of credency to the rumored Mimban trench set I heard being mentionned a couple times. Wouldn't be the first time a set comes out of the blue either. 

I think the muddy Han So!o polybag is what gives this rumoured set a sense of validity. By all accounts it is the scene where Chewbacca and Han first meet. 

Not too exciting so hopefully an AT-DP will be included. 

1 hour ago, LEGOscum said:

I think the muddy Han So!o polybag is what gives this rumoured set a sense of validity. By all accounts it is the scene where Chewbacca and Han first meet. 

Not too exciting so hopefully an AT-DP will be included. 

If lego dont make an exception here, there is one more battle pack to go. Although since they always make a rebel and an empire battlepack, a cloud rider gang battle pack is pretty  possible

18 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Remember the imperial officer torso used on the Sandcrawler droid by ''accident?'' on the Lego expo floor for their summer sets? That looked a lot like the what the Imperial Colonel on Mimban was wearing and the torso is also spotted by dirt. 

More than 3 Solo sets? It's not confirmed info, or is it? Nobody confirmed it.

20 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I thought people already assumed that would be the conveyex driver/gunner and it was based on a concept art (on the right in the following pic).

lego_soloimperialcostumes.jpg

I do hope I'm wrong because I'd be interested in a Mimban set.