MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

22 hours ago, Bobmcguy said:

That dirty imperial torso also could fit as a Convoyex gunner from Solo's concept art. They made the AT-m6 pilot figure from concept art after all.

The AT-M6 pilot actually appeared very briefly in TLJ

41 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

The AT-M6 pilot actually appeared very briefly in TLJ

I do not remember seeing him. Only in the cross-sections of the AT-M6 and other walkers.

Edited by JekPorkchops

2 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

I do not remember seeing him. Only in the cross-sections of the AT-M6 and other walkers.

there was a second long shot in one of the cockpit when they were shooting at luke

2 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=LS3oPzCi&id=8A265BFE7A059202333C722A1C391D9FFADE0CAB&thid=OIP.LS3oPzCipCjKZfXt5ZdiJAHaH6&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fcdn8.bigcommerce.com%2fs-5ylnei6or5%2fimages%2fstencil%2f1280x1280%2fproducts%2f1760%2f3468%2f2661_Mudtrooper_SWHS_34__61230.1523628271.jpg%3fc%3d2%26imbypass%3don&exph=1280&expw=1199&q=mudtrooper&simid=608014006842166872&selectedIndex=2&ajaxhist=0

I guess LEGO doesn't have a perfect color, but the mix of sand green and dark bluish grey seems really off.  A dark green or olive green would have worked best. Also, if I'M not mistaken, Han's skirt should be dark tan. I guess Beckett looks fine except for the sand green on the torso and no bullet holes. (the only pic I could find for him is a Funko Pop)

Hot Toys has released really good pictures of their 1/6th scale mud trooper.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2018/Hot-Toys-Han-Solo-Mudtrooper-collectible-figure/Hot-Toys-Han-Solo-Mudtrooper-collectible-figure-001.jpg

It's the same problem they're going to have with the Range Trooper,  a large range (:tongue:) of tones Lego doesn't have the appropriate color for. For instance the mag boots are a tint lighter then the pants. With what colors Lego has they might as well both be LBG.

This goes back to the Imperial Officer tunic. Dark Blue Grey isn't accurate but neither is dark tan OR olive. It's more a mix of the three. 

Then again it also depends on the lighting. In the visual guide and in some scenes on screen mudtrooper armor looks bluish like Veers, but on the Hot Toys figure and in certain shots on screen it looks slightly more green.

The implication of mudtroopers is that they're Imperial Army Troopers with additional gear for the swamp. The Veers esque armor is possibly their standard armor. Under that guise I could see the green being made the prominent tone. Green is more army like.

Do Lego designers just get reference pictures or do they receive briefs as well?

Edited by Forresto

W

53 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Hot Toys has released really good pictures of their 1/6th scale mud trooper.

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=http://www.rebelscum.com/2018/Hot-Toys-Han-Solo-Mudtrooper-collectible-figure/Hot-Toys-Han-Solo-Mudtrooper-collectible-figure-001.jpg

It's the same problem they're going to have with the Range Trooper,  a large range (:tongue:) of tones Lego doesn't have the appropriate color for. For instance the mag boots are a tint lighter then the pants. With what colors Lego has they might as well both be LBG.

This goes back to the Imperial Officer tunic. Dark Blue Grey isn't accurate but neither is dark tan OR olive. It's more a mix of the three. 

Then again it also depends on the lighting. In the visual guide and in some scenes on screen mudtrooper armor looks bluish like Veers, but on the Hot Toys figure and in certain shots on screen it looks slightly more green.

The implication of mudtroopers is that they're Imperial Army Troopers with additional gear for the swamp. The Veers esque armor is possibly their standard armor. Under that guise I could see the green being made the prominent tone. Green is more army like.

Do Lego designers just get reference pictures or do they receive briefs as well?

Either way, the DBG and sand green just don't go together

Did anyone else notice that the Rio Durant figure in the Imperial Hauler set appears to have a big beard? Yet another unfortunate concept art issue.

Personally, I think what they went for works really well, and I prefer it to the sand blue the Veers minfig has. It does look like it has a greenish tint to me in the Solo guide. It would, however, be more accurate if the armour was DBG too - but then would be very same-y.

If there are more Mimban sets, I highly doubt Lego will change the colour of the armour.

On ‎30‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 5:07 PM, Richpepperell said:

I always screenshot... I'm DM you. 

Would you be as good as to send me it too please

It looks like they corrected the color on the Han Solo Mudtrooper Polybag where his green armor is showing through, unless that is supposed to be foliage

I'm betting people are going to have some strong opinions in the opposite direction here - but I'm loving that new Chewie! Those goggles are hilarious!

5 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I'm betting people are going to have some strong opinions in the opposite direction here - but I'm loving that new Chewie! Those goggles are hilarious!

i love it ... it's perfect!

22 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

I like it it’s kind of accurate and kind of cool.

my spontanues reaction is more like haha than cool. But I like the effort that they actually cared to change the printing than just releasing the same figure again

Just saw it on Instagram myself and I did notice there was a lot of complaining.

But, like you, I think it looks great. It's accurate and kinda cute/funny. Nothing to dislike in my opinion :thumbup:

Regards,
Mitch

Since new Chewie with googles was leaked recently it’s fair to assume Vandor Han (in fur coat) and Rangetroopers will be revealed soon as well. Btw Vandor Chewie looks ridiculously bad, he definitely needed googles molded on his bodypiece. New Anakin looks like his CW version just without those weird eyes. Ps still don understand why LEGO prints headset on both faces, this really limits the use of the minifigure.

On 9.06.2018 at 5:56 PM, Range Trooper said:

Does anyone have you idea on when the full sets will leak?

Nope. We have full set descriptions.

From 1st set we have seen all minifigures, from 2nd one minifigure and from the 3rd we have seen two or three minifigures, plus the whole build.

30 minutes ago, Range Trooper said:

2nd?

I guess the order is in terms of set number, that the first is the Cloud rider gang swoop bikes, the second is the train and the third is the ship that the Benket Crew uses before the Falcon

On 6/3/2018 at 7:37 PM, Renown said:

Something interesting regarding the dirty Imperial torso and its apparent lack of a rank insignia as per Beckett's Mimban torso. This is pure speculation. I suspect it may be an officer overcoat being worn fully wrapped around the body. Wookieepedia refers to a character named 'Korso' who assisted Beckett and his gang on Mimban and wore a number of disguises including swamp trooper armour, fleet trooper and an imperial officer greatcoat. I genuinely cannot remember the character being in the film, yet Wookieepedia seems to say that 'Korso' did appear in the film portrayed by John Tui. Please see here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Korso

Now, while that could just be entirely irrelevant and a case of me putting two and two together and getting twenty three, is it possible that this is another example of LEGO not having enough information and creating, for want of a better word, a relatively insignificant character rather than a more 'massable' one? The torso design doesn't seem to fit in anywhere, despite it literally having no other potential context than that of the muddy, swampy environment of Mimban. 

Have now seen an official image of this character - my suspicions have been disproven. It looks like he actually wears a bit of each piece of uniform at the same time. Still have absolutely no recollection of him in the film. 

The theory that unknown torso belongs to the Conveyex gunner now has more credence in my mind.

On 10.06.2018 at 10:01 PM, Range Trooper said:

2nd?

75215 Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes

75217 Imperial Coveyex Transport

75219 Imperial AT-Hauler

I really like the new speeders. Definitely the most bulky speeders we have ever seen I hope we get this set for no more than  £30/$30. Also I hope the set goes well with the conveyex.