MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I wish lego would quit being greedy and give us some dual molding or arm and side of leg printing for the polybags. I wish the mine worker at least had a helmet!

A while back Rebelscum reported a Solo mudtrooper trench playset, but no one has mentioned anything about it here for a while.  Does anyone know when that would release?

12 hours ago, Tusserte said:

A while back Rebelscum reported a Solo mudtrooper trench playset, but no one has mentioned anything about it here for a while.  Does anyone know when that would release?

This set number turned out to be the Hoth Bacta set, which Rebelscum listed as a possibility in the article. So the mud trooper set could be another set number, or the report could have been bogus. Same deal as the V-19 Torrent and Resistance Transport sets, which I think may have come from the same source? LEGOscum can confirm since he wrote the article you’re referring to. 

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

This set number turned out to be the Hoth Bacta set, which Rebelscum listed as a possibility in the article. So the mud trooper set could be another set number, or the report could have been bogus. Same deal as the V-19 Torrent and Resistance Transport sets, which I think may have come from the same source? LEGOscum can confirm since he wrote the article you’re referring to. 

At first, Snoke's Throne Room, Resisatnce Transport and V-19 came from the same source as this Solo playset, but with wrong set number and build decrptions. Throne room turned out to be a real set, and later Resistance Transport and V-19 were confirmed by @Sir von Lego. Maybe Solo Mustrooper playset is real? 

15 hours ago, Tusserte said:

Who even were Han and the empire actually fighting against on Mimban because the movie didn’t make it very clear so I think this limits the possibility of this set as I doubt it would be a battle scene.

6 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

Who even were Han and the empire actually fighting against on Mimban because the movie didn’t make it very clear so I think this limits the possibility of this set as I doubt it would be a battle scene.

They were fighting the mimbanese. They attacked the empire because they had pretty much desolated their planet of resources.

Is it possible that the rumored mimban set could be an AT-DT walker with a small trench build on the side? It seems more likely that Lego would release a vehicle-based set rather than a single trench with nothing else to it, especially since there weren't any turret emplacements shown in the film to make it more interesting. An AT-DT would also make sense if it's compatible with the AT hauler.

Edited by The Underscored Double
added thought

2 hours ago, The Underscored Double said:

Is it possible that the rumored mimban set could be an AT-DT walker with a small trench build on the side? It seems more likely that Lego would release a vehicle-based set rather than a single trench with nothing else to it, especially since there weren't any turret emplacements shown in the film to make it more interesting. An AT-DT would also make sense if it's compatible with the AT hauler.

It's also a walker with relatively high play value (open top, cannon) that can be done on a good scale without being too expensive. Add some nice troopers and it should sell well. I would be surprised if Lego did not release this walker, even if it was not in the movie much.

To be quite honest, I think I'd be happy with any set that gave us a mudtrooper with goggles and breathing apparatus/mask moulded (or maybe dual-moulding would be required?) into the helmet. An AT-DT, however plausible it is, would undoubtedly sell well if it was complete (!) and had a good minifigure assortment. Thoroughly enjoyed the WW1 trench warfare atmosphere created in the scenes on Mimban. 

9 hours ago, The Underscored Double said:

If the lego set WAS to happen, it would probably be similar to LEGO Star Wars Defense of Crait - 75202, as I am sure you are thinking as well. I am speculating (And only speculating based off of this idea that it is like DOC) that the set would include:

AT-DT (In place of Ski Speeder)

Trench (Around same size or slightly larger than trench in DOC)

Some sort of fortification (Like the lookout tower)

Minifigures could be:

x2 Plain mudtroopers (Wih full helmet)

Han Solo? (Or a mudtrooper officer, Due to the fact that mudtrooper solo was in the TIE Fighter set. Or both)

2 Mimbanese Liberation soldiers

I personally hope that we do get to see some mudtroopers with helmets. That would be so cool

Actually when will these lego sets be officially announced and released?

On 2.6.2018 at 11:55 AM, Jedi-Bendu said:

I wonder if the cockpit also opens and has seats for the Jawas.

The cockpit can be opened, but in some reason there are no seats.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

34 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Perhaps because LEGO Jawas can't sit down? (small legs that aren't articulated)

Could the Mimban set be a battle pack? Two Mudtroopers and two Mimban troopers with the walker and a tiny trench with gun like in the RO Rebel battle pack?

4 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Look at 3:33 of that video, the droid clearly has the wrong torso based on the other Sandcrawler pics we've seen later.  The torso in the video looks more like a dirty Imperial officer which leads me to think we are getting another Mimban set.

7 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Thanks. I hope that one of the displays will have that cool sticker of the desert like the UCS.

That dirty imperial torso also could fit as a Convoyex gunner from Solo's concept art. They made the AT-m6 pilot figure from concept art after all.

Something interesting regarding the dirty Imperial torso and its apparent lack of a rank insignia as per Beckett's Mimban torso. This is pure speculation. I suspect it may be an officer overcoat being worn fully wrapped around the body. Wookieepedia refers to a character named 'Korso' who assisted Beckett and his gang on Mimban and wore a number of disguises including swamp trooper armour, fleet trooper and an imperial officer greatcoat. I genuinely cannot remember the character being in the film, yet Wookieepedia seems to say that 'Korso' did appear in the film portrayed by John Tui. Please see here: http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Korso

Now, while that could just be entirely irrelevant and a case of me putting two and two together and getting twenty three, is it possible that this is another example of LEGO not having enough information and creating, for want of a better word, a relatively insignificant character rather than a more 'massable' one? The torso design doesn't seem to fit in anywhere, despite it literally having no other potential context than that of the muddy, swampy environment of Mimban. 

6 hours ago, Range Trooper said:

Gosh I sure hope of they release an AT-DT they correct the colors on the mudtroopers 

What about the mudtroopers do you think is wrong, colour-wise?

The torso seems to match the Conveyex train gunner from the Solo art book: https://i.imgur.com/CmyhRwQ.jpg

The details don't seem to match the officer's (major) greatcoat. The greatcoat has the flap opened and only the center belt buckle, not those things on the side.

Edited by Alexastor

I found a lego set list for 75217 - 9 on instagram.

It said that there would be a swoop bike lego set, Corveyx train set and the imperial AT-hauler. But no mudtrooper set was shown in the list.

If one was to happen then would it be that it would be a different set number?

But I do think now that chances for a mudtrooper set look slim.

Someone make a Change.org page for lego to make a mudtrooper set or something...

8 hours ago, Seaber said:

Could the Mimban set be a battle pack? Two Mudtroopers and two Mimban troopers with the walker and a tiny trench with gun like in the RO Rebel battle pack?

I dont think so. If that was the case then lego would probably create a Mimbanese Army liberation battle pack as well because fans would want to recreate that battle. But as I said in an earlier post, it would probably be like the Defence of Crait lego set.

38 minutes ago, BBProductions said:

I found a lego set list for 75217 - 9 on instagram.

It said that there would be a swoop bike lego set, Corveyx train set and the imperial AT-hauler. But no mudtrooper set was shown in the list.

If one was to happen then would it be that it would be a different set number?

But I do think now that chances for a mudtrooper set look slim.

Someone make a Change.org page for lego to make a mudtrooper set or something...

I dont think so. If that was the case then lego would probably create a Mimbanese Army liberation battle pack as well because fans would want to recreate that battle. But as I said in an earlier post, it would probably be like the Defence of Crait lego set.

I would say it's likely with another Solo battlepack, since we only had one, and Mimban battle pack is of course one of the likely options, but since they already had an imperial battle pack, I think it is also possible with a Crimson Dawn enforcer battle pack or a Cloud Rider battle pack. Any of the last two mentioned would be great

It would be bizzare if they made the mudtrooper mold and Mimban Stormtrooper mold for a single set. 

However I'm curious how Solo's box office performance will effect future releases? 

Although a battlepack should sell regardless if gives cool looking troopers regardless of the movie it's attatched to.

Range trooper, two mudtroopers, and a mimban stormtrooper in one pack would sell like hotcakes.

20 hours ago, Calanon said:

What about the mudtroopers do you think is wrong, colour-wise?

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=LS3oPzCi&id=8A265BFE7A059202333C722A1C391D9FFADE0CAB&thid=OIP.LS3oPzCipCjKZfXt5ZdiJAHaH6&mediaurl=https%3a%2f%2fcdn8.bigcommerce.com%2fs-5ylnei6or5%2fimages%2fstencil%2f1280x1280%2fproducts%2f1760%2f3468%2f2661_Mudtrooper_SWHS_34__61230.1523628271.jpg%3fc%3d2%26imbypass%3don&exph=1280&expw=1199&q=mudtrooper&simid=608014006842166872&selectedIndex=2&ajaxhist=0

I guess LEGO doesn't have a perfect color, but the mix of sand green and dark bluish grey seems really off.  A dark green or olive green would have worked best. Also, if I'M not mistaken, Han's skirt should be dark tan. I guess Beckett looks fine except for the sand green on the torso and no bullet holes. (the only pic I could find for him is a Funko Pop)

Edited by Range Trooper
edit