MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I’m really pumped for the Enfys Nest set after seeing the movie, and I bought the new Falcon and Imperial battle pack on eBay right after I watched it. I agree that the red droid in the Falcon is a strange inclusion. From the beginning, I thought that L3 would’ve been a better fit there but I guess they just aren’t making her. 

I heard over on Instagram that the Porg has over 800 pieces.

kind of disappointing thought it would have been  less due to the picture so I’m not sure il pick it up now.

Edited by LegoLord54

New picture of the Vos henchman from the Hauler set is up on Instagram. 

5 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

New picture of the Vos henchman from the Hauler set is up on Instagram. 

He looks good, would have liked rhe helmeted version too. I know minifigures pop up in funny sets sometimes, but the hauler is definitely a weird place for him to be. 

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

He looks good, would have liked rhe helmeted version too. I know minifigures pop up in funny sets sometimes, but the hauler is definitely a weird place for him to be. 

gives credence to the theory a couple of pages back that this is it for "Solo" sets in my opinion.

Maybe this was supposed to be Dryden Vos himself back when he was played by Michael K. Williams? I distinctly remember him describing Vos as a mo-cap, half-animal half-human creature :wink: That would explain the lack of a helmet on this fig and the henchman's somewhat random inclusion...

Edited by Lego-Freak

I haven't seen Solo yet, waiting to stream or download it.  That said, I really like the minifigures.  The new ones I have seen from the second wave look great, too.  Very exciting.

On 27/5/2018 at 11:49 AM, Clone OPatra said:

I don't know what kind of weird promotional material Lucasfilm gives to LEGO to work with that LEGO ends up putting that red droid who had about one split second of screen time (as far as I could tell) into a set but puts the mine worker into a hard-to-obtain polybag. It really should have been the other way round based on what happens in the film.

Yep, that's weird. As you said, the mine worker would be a much better choice. It's a shame it doesn't have a helmet, although it may be grabbed from the rebel minifig of the U-Wing set. 

Hate being this guy... but haven't been on Eurobricks in a couple of days - are there any updates on the remaining 3 sets (what they are/minifigs)?

Are all 3 of them Solo? Or is one the rumored Canto Bight chase? I know one is the Imperial Hauler.

Edited by GryffindorResistance

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Maybe this was supposed to be Dryden Vos himself back when he was played by Michael K. Williams? I distinctly remember him describing Vos as a mo-cap, half-animal half-human creature :wink: That would explain the lack of a helmet on this fig and the henchman's somewhat random inclusion...

this is logical thinking

37 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

this is logical thinking

Ironically that is, haha! change from an non-human species just because changing the actor? Like Paul bettany is not fit to be an alien. yes of course

Edited by Sneakguest

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Hate being this guy... but haven't been on Eurobricks in a couple of days - are there any updates on the remaining 3 sets (what they are/minifigs)?

Are all 3 of them Solo? Or is one the rumored Canto Bight chase? I know one is the Imperial Hauler.

Swoop Bikes with Enfys, Weazel and Beckett

Conveyex front car and cargo car with Han, Chewie and two range troopers

Imperial Hauler with Rio, Val, Beckett again for some reason, Qira and two Dryden enforcers

Anyone got the new Mudtrooper or Kessel Mine Workers? These seem to be available by a few people selling online, but at high prices! Anyone know when they are coming out? 

The ones in this video: 

1 hour ago, DEAD1974 said:

The worker is kinda weak ... or am I expecting too much?

He would have looked a lot nicer with the helmet he is supposed to be wearing. 

1 hour ago, DEAD1974 said:

The worker is kinda weak ... or am I expecting too much?

I like him a lot - any minifigure with yellow attire is good for me.

BUT, I’m really puzzled as to why no helmet when Lego already have the mould from Corporal Casrich - same base colour of dark tan as well - would only require white printing on top.

I haven’t seen the film yet so no spoilers please, but can anyone who has confirm whether the character appears without the helmet!??

2 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

I like him a lot - any minifigure with yellow attire is good for me.

BUT, I’m really puzzled as to why no helmet when Lego already have the mould from Corporal Casrich - same base colour of dark tan as well - would only require white printing on top.

I haven’t seen the film yet so no spoilers please, but can anyone who has confirm whether the character appears without the helmet!??

yes. there’s a couple or more non helmeted workers. the minifig is spot on. 

27 minutes ago, Tidy said:

yes. there’s a couple or more non helmeted workers. the minifig is spot on. 

Thanks - that’s a relief - no Lego beef here then ;)

7 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Ironically that is, haha! change from an non-human species just because changing the actor? Like Paul bettany is not fit to be an alien. yes of course

I thought it was more, changing the actor because the non-human species wasn't working and him being unable to come back for the reshoots.

10 hours ago, doclord said:

Swoop Bikes with Enfys, Weazel and Beckett

Conveyex front car and cargo car with Han, Chewie and two range troopers

Imperial Hauler with Rio, Val, Beckett again for some reason, Qira and two Dryden enforcers

Are you confirming this as the minifigure selection?

6 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

Are you confirming this as the minifigure selection?

This is correct, except I believe the Hauler only has 1 enforcer. 

Too bad that appears to be the final minifig selection :hmpf_bad: I wonder if we'll ever get L3 and Vos now... if Rogue One is anything to go by, this would be it for the subtheme, at least for the time being (and just like RO, we'd be missing exactly two key characters) :sadnew: Polybags aren't an option either, given there's already two on the way and L3 would certainly require new moulds, ruling out a polybag exclusivity. 

Any idea how they'll do Rio?  The only other four armed figures were the stacked torso Ninjago things, right?  Or I guess a droid armed Grievous.  Rio's much smaller.