MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

This isn't Solo chat, but I was just going through the OT sets on Bricklink, and every set from the last ten years will have been remade in by the end of 2018, with the exception of the TIE Bomber and Interceptor, Cloud City and Cloud Car. 

We've had rumours of a TIE Interceptor,  Cloud City and Cloud Car, I think the Interceptor was debunked though. A pretty decent return for ten years though!

1 hour ago, Seaber said:

This isn't Solo chat, but I was just going through the OT sets on Bricklink, and every set from the last ten years will have been remade in by the end of 2018, with the exception of the TIE Bomber and Interceptor, Cloud City and Cloud Car. 

We've had rumours of a TIE Interceptor,  Cloud City and Cloud Car, I think the Interceptor was debunked though. A pretty decent return for ten years though!

Rancor pit / jabba’s palace ottomh.

8 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

A few hours after the movie's release and you have already failed. 4 posts I hid due to their contents having potential spoilers. Only 1 of the past 5 comments used the spoiler tags correctly. I'll unlock this later today. Till then, reflect on how you can all do better for the next week.

Really? I can't say that the build is accurate, but minifigure selection is inaccurate? Don't go crazy, it's not even a spoiler.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Really? I can't say that the build is accurate, but minifigure selection is inaccurate? Don't go crazy, it's not even a spoiler.

Don't be silly. He's a mod. He can talk down to us like kids if he pleases. :thumbup:

Just now, TWRAddict said:

Don't be silly. He's a mod. He can talk down to us like kids if he pleases. :thumbup:

I know, but if I say Han Solo survives, is it a spoiler? Nope. It's good to have an ability to distinguish what is actually a spoiler and what is not a spoiler.

I know he can talk to us like kids, I don't have problem with that.

31 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I know, but if I say Han Solo survives, is it a spoiler? Nope. It's good to have an ability to distinguish what is actually a spoiler and what is not a spoiler.

I know he can talk to us like kids, I don't have problem with that.

Actually, funny story about that. I went with a friend today who SERIOUSLY thought that Han Solo was supposed to die in Solo... no joke xD

So, the Porg looks, well, like a Porg. Not a set I'll be getting, but that's in the same reasoning that I'm not getting the Snoke Throneroom set. I'm still hoping the V-19 gets released at some point. Shame the TIE Interceptor is also not coming out, but I think the release of the Landing Craft is welcome. I'm basically really excited for the X-Wing, Anakin's Starfighter and Cloud City.

3 hours ago, KevinMD said:

Rancor pit / jabba’s palace ottomh.

2013/2012, so within the ten year period :)

Next year Home One, Battle of Endor and Tantive IV turn are over a decade old. Here's hoping!

Has anyone seriously discussed the possibility that the Imperial Landing Craft was actually mistaken for the V-19 which started the rumor?  The description matches in a way as well, if the Sandtroopers were mistaken for Rex and Cody respectively.  I hope this isn’t the case as the V-19 is the one rumor I’ve been closely following this year, but I’m worried.  That Landing Craft came out of nowhere.

47 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

Has anyone seriously discussed the possibility that the Imperial Landing Craft was actually mistaken for the V-19 which started the rumor?  The description matches in a way as well, if the Sandtroopers were mistaken for Rex and Cody respectively.  I hope this isn’t the case as the V-19 is the one rumor I’ve been closely following this year, but I’m worried.  That Landing Craft came out of nowhere.

That is a possibility. The minifigures discussed vs what we got:

Obi-Wan Clone Wars vs Old Ben

Plo Koon vs Imperial Pilot

Rex vs Dark Shoulder Sandtrooper

Cody vs Orange Shoulder Sandtrooper

V-19 Pilot vs R2-D2

The problem is the description of Plo Koon was very specific when the set was leaked. I recall them saying it was distinctively a harder mold vs the rubber mold we've had in past sets. Also, not sure how the pilot could be changed for R2 from a visual perspective. I have a hunch that this set may still be a possibility in the future, but without an actual set number to back it up, I'm not entirely sure. It could end up like the Sandspeeder and come out of nowhere, but in the mean time, I'm going to just say it is more of a wild rumor.

51 minutes ago, Skyhammer said:

Has anyone seriously discussed the possibility that the Imperial Landing Craft was actually mistaken for the V-19 which started the rumor? 

I have considered it. The source on this and the Resistance Shuttle was also the same as the mud trench playset (http://www.rebelscum.com/story/lego/LEGO_New_Star_Wars_Playsets_Coming_180348.asp).

Ultimately he got the numbers on all the sets wrong but he was right on the money with a description - that he provided a week before Solo came out - of a beast of a scene. It just turned out that the set number was the Hoth Medical Chamber. So he has an inside line somewhere.

It's worth remembering that SvL has confirmedthe V-19 and the Shuttle too.

Is it maybe possible that the Resistance Transport and V-19 are anniversary sets, the minifigure selection is too good to be true similar to the 10th anniversary sets

Since SvL confirmed V-19 and Resistance Shuttle, it’s most likely both of them will be a January 2019 wave sets. Resistance shuttle could easily be 30-40$. 

So far Solo has four sets, one battle pack and two polybags, right? There are also the At Hauler, Conveyex and Cloud Rider sets to come, and maybe a Mimban set.

Compare that with Rogue One - seven sets, two battle packs, two polybags, that's basically the same amount of sets. As such I think L3 and Vos are unlikely to be made

Vos doesn't leave his ship, so there has never really been a set for him. L3 on the other hand would have been perfect in the Falcon set (no pun intended). Her greatest moment was Kessel, but there isn't much in the way of set potential there anymore.

Clearer picture of the Han Solo Mudtrooper appeared in the usual place.
It looks great to me, love to have Han's hair piece in a new color, and the effect of the print on the legs, torso and  head is quite hilarious in my opinion!
Let's hope it won't be too hard to acquire this little promotion set (at least I assume that's what it is). I'd really like to have it!

Regards,
Mitch

The Solo range actually looks to be pretty complete - other than the weird TIE, Dryden, and L3 (all of which are in the trailer) everything that would be a feasible set is covered.

Spoiler

Unfortunately I don't think Dryden's ship would be a viable set, and they've already made the Falcon and a normal TIE, so I doubt we'll see any of those three things unless they're in polybags. Mudtroopers are pretty inconsequential and there's no good set for them to be in, so I doubt we'll get any (plus we already have 2 Han mudtroopers and 1 Beckett mudtrooper). Frankly, we're lucky to have gotten Mimban stormtroopers and patrol troopers.

Quite a few of them started getting sold over Bricklink from German and Hungarian sellers.

Best case scenario it's a promo on shop@home that will drop with the second wave of Solo sets as with the Kessel mine worker. 

Edited by RetroInferno

God, I hope it's a S@H promo. Usually that means you just have to buy sets up to a certain amount of money to earn it, right?
I can manage that :purrr:

Regards,
Mitch

Don't know if it was posted before, but here is a detailed review of the Kessel mine worker, in german though. Let's see where it is going to be offered. I wasn't able to get DJ nor Scarif trooper minifigs from Lego :sceptic:.

Edited by dvogon
typo

I don't know what kind of weird promotional material Lucasfilm gives to LEGO to work with that LEGO ends up putting that red droid who had about one split second of screen time (as far as I could tell) into a set but puts the mine worker into a hard-to-obtain polybag. It really should have been the other way round based on what happens in the film.

42 minutes ago, Clone OPatra said:

I don't know what kind of weird promotional material Lucasfilm gives to LEGO to work with that LEGO ends up putting that red droid who had about one split second of screen time (as far as I could tell) into a set but puts the mine worker into a hard-to-obtain polybag. It really should have been the other way round based on what happens in the film.

Oh indeed and the omission of key characters, even from the second wave of Solo sets is almost hilarious. It’s as if lego and Disney are still working on this whole ‘merchandising’ thing...

1 hour ago, Clone OPatra said:

Given how extensive the reshoots were I'm guessing L3 wasn't even in the movie when Lego was designing these sets.

2 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

Given how extensive the reshoots were I'm guessing L3 wasn't even in the movie when Lego was designing these sets.

Yes she was. Her actor was present in the first promo pic of Lord and Miller in the cockpit of the falcon with the main characters.

I'm assuming she's going to be either hard for Lego to make with new molds required or brick built, and exceedingly ugly.

Well Dryden Vos was meant to be a CGI character but when they did the reshoots the original actor wasn’t available so Paul Bettany took over. That may be why he isn’t in the sets.