MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

The Porg set has leaked. I thought that people were kidding when they talked about a UCS style Porg but I guess not! It looks cool and I might get it depending on the price. Looks like a $40 ish set to me but I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it $60 or something ridiculous. 

14 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

The Porg set has leaked. I thought that people were kidding when they talked about a UCS style Porg but I guess not! It looks cool and I might get it depending on the price. Looks like a $40 ish set to me but I wouldn’t be surprised if they made it $60 or something ridiculous. 

looks really small, i reckon itll be £35 to £40, but feels like lego will bump price to £50, is that to scale with BB8?

Also is BB8 to scale to R2D2?

4 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I prefer the lack of human key characters as they are more easy mockable, but L3-37 is more of a loss

Agreed... tho I did see a simple yet charming custom L3-37 on Flickr (Olli), which could be used in the meantime...

The Porg is incredible!

Hope the back is as good as the front and it's a 100 percent buy.

Just a reminder to everyone to be careful about spoilers with Solo coming out soon. This is a public forum, so if you don't want to have the movie spoiled for you then it's safer to stay away. However, we do ask that you wait at least a week before openly talking about the film's contents. If you must post something spoilerish, use the spoiler feature! This will be enforced harshly in the coming days.

1 hour ago, MakkaG15 said:

looks really small, i reckon itll be £35 to £40, but feels like lego will bump price to £50, is that to scale with BB8?

Also is BB8 to scale to R2D2?

If it is around £40 then I believe at would be a great seller for Lego and I think I would probably buy it like a large amount of others I’m guessing.

17 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

69.99 EUR, 75230, Release Date October 2018

Thanks for the info, also... my damn thats a lot for what looks like such a small build

17951323.png

Edited by MakkaG15

2 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Just a reminder to everyone to be careful about spoilers with Solo coming out soon. This is a public forum, so if you don't want to have the movie spoiled for you then it's safer to stay away. However, we do ask that you wait at least a week before openly talking about the film's contents. If you must post something spoilerish, use the spoiler feature! This will be enforced harshly in the coming days.

Please follow this people.

If the mods have to step in and haven't seen the movie yet you ruin it for them and they work hard to keep this site running. 

Waiting is the least we can do in return.

Edited by Forresto

I don't know why people assumed the price of the porg to be as cheap as £35-40 kind of region. Easily £60+... While it might 'look small' its not that small, similar height to bb8, and likely a piece count just below it probably by 150 pieces or so...

Looks really good though, very nicely done, but I don't really feel any attachment to it enough to want to get it... Then again I've still not seen ep.8 yet :look:

On 22/5/2018 at 9:02 PM, Azani said:

It's all true, and it's all finalized. And for the record, I triple-checked, and the spelling of the name from "Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes" is "Weazel". Additionally, there are multiple Dryden guards/tugs/whatever; at least two are included in 75219.

Thanks! From the news thread 75219 (AT-hauler) has a better part/price ratio, but 75217 (Conveyex transport) sadly not. I have to see the film, because from the trailers I would prefer the Conveyex transport, let's see...

5 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

69.99 EUR, 75230, Release Date October 2018

...something to keep company with on those cold days.

Vader Pod is back as GWP over £50 Star Wars spend for UK S@H until 3/06 in case anyone is interested. PayPal are also doing the £5 back offer on orders over £10 again.

Edited by BacktoBricks

On 5/23/2018 at 10:20 AM, MakkaG15 said:

With movies coming out every year, will LEGO only do 2-3 waves including sets from the newest film then almost never re visit it, i mean after 2 rogue one waves, theres been nothing, theres nothing upcoming for the force awakens, the only films theyre doing sets for are the OT films and th 2 most recent films, LJ and SOLO, if so would this mean no Saw Gerrera, no pre-scar Kylo Ren, no helmeted Kylo-ren and more

I'm sure we'll see more sets from these movies in the future, probably after the ST is finished and Lego won't have to focus on making a ton of sets for a "big" movie. We're still getting at least one set from The Clone Wars a year, and that's been cancelled for 4 years now.

8 minutes ago, BigGuy4U said:

I'm sure we'll see more sets from these movies in the future, probably after the ST is finished and Lego won't have to focus on making a ton of sets for a "big" movie. We're still getting at least one set from The Clone Wars a year, and that's been cancelled for 4 years now.

what about the GoT writers trilogy and rian johnsons trilogy? they must count as big films, honestly i reckon the only way theyll do saw gerrara and/or galen erso is in those polybag stands same way we got dj

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After seeing Solo, I have to say it, <snip>

Spoiler

I agree, Q'ra and the dryden henchmen should not be there, more reasonable in that case another member of the cloud riders, but they did right not to include L3-37

Edited by MKJoshA
Spoilers

A few hours after the movie's release and you have already failed. 4 posts I hid due to their contents having potential spoilers. Only 1 of the past 5 comments used the spoiler tags correctly. I'll unlock this later today. Till then, reflect on how you can all do better for the next week.

Alright, this topic is open again. Read this forum at your own risk if you want to avoid Solo spoilers. However, for everyone who has seen the movie, please wait to talk about the movie for another week. If you must mention something, use the spoiler tag feature. Or else.

Looking at the Hoth summer set, the medical droid has dark grey legs which is not only different to last time, but is not accurate either. Seems to match the legs of the new Sandcrawler medical Droid. As these look like final promo images, I take it that this is what we will get? Seems like Lego didn't want to make two colours of the same piece. :(

Enfys Nest minifig is with helmet or it is just a one piece mold without head?

Edited by DEAD1974

4 minutes ago, DEAD1974 said:

Enfys Nest minifig is with helmet or it is just a one piece mold without head?

a black head like phasma.

11 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Looking at the Hoth summer set, the medical droid has dark grey legs which is not only different to last time, but is not accurate either. Seems to match the legs of the new Sandcrawler medical Droid. As these look like final promo images, I take it that this is what we will get? Seems like Lego didn't want to make two colours of the same piece. :(

Yeah, but considering that piece has been around since 1999 and has been molded in all sorts of different colors, I doubt that's the reason why. 

That being said, I don't know why the Medical Droid's legs are DBG either.