MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

6 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

The short answer is: no

sucks to be you then ... 

1 hour ago, BP VFX said:
The OFFICIAL "Confidential" Star Wars 2018 2HY Lineup as per leaked product/promotional copy: LEGO Solo Kits for August of 2018(edited)

#75215 ($30 US) Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes: Enfys Nest, Tobias Beckett, & Weazel.(edited)

#75217 ($80 US) Imperial Conveyex Transport: Han, Chewbacca, and Range Trooper(s)(edited)

#75219 ($90 US) Imperial AT-Hauler: Tobias Beckett, Qi'Ra, Val, Rio Durant, and "Dryden Henchman".(edited)

These names are now official; they are no longer derivative of assumed subject matter or conjecture. Some names might be a bit off, but Weazal/Weazel is definitely the short Cloud Rider in 75215, and there are definitely at least one "Dryden thug" in 75219.(edited)

Thanks for posting that over here for me. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you try to avoid cutting out my username; if you can't, then don't worry about it. :)

19 minutes ago, Tidy said:

would you feel better if i posted that same image?

:P

1 hour ago, Sneakguest said:

Sounds odd with Tobias Beckett in two sets and no Dryden Vos. And this is info from a very new member, want more proof until I take this as confirmed

Aha, well, would you feel better if I told you that I typed that up?

It's all true, and it's all finalized. And for the record, I triple-checked, and the spelling of the name from "Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes" is "Weazel". Additionally, there are multiple Dryden guards/tugs/whatever; at least two are included in 75219.

Edited by Azani

7 minutes ago, Azani said:

Thanks for posting that over here for me. If you don't mind, I'd appreciate if you try to avoid cutting out my username; if you can't, then don't worry about it. :)

:P

Aha, well, would you feel better if I told you that I typed that up?

It's all true, and it's all finalized. And for the record, I triple-checked, and the spelling of the name from "Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes" is "Weazel". Additionally, there are multiple Dryden guards/tugs/whatever; at least two are included in 75219.

the cast list got posted a few days back and yeppers ... warwick davis is reprising his role as weazel from TPM ... 

So the name "Imperial AT-hauler" obviously means it carries imperial AT's.

Does that also mean the lego version will somehow fit together with an AT-vehicle?

Perhaps a yet unreleased AT-vehicle?

Sets sound quite promising, but I would want more figs in Conveyex. Two Tobias Becketts? Only one Han? Zero Landos? Zero Dryden Vos'? No L3?

1 hour ago, Bantha Fodder said:

So the name "Imperial AT-hauler" obviously means it carries imperial AT's.

Does that also mean the lego version will somehow fit together with an AT-vehicle?

Perhaps a yet unreleased AT-vehicle?

My suspicion is that it's an AT-DT

7 hours ago, fleetwoodd said:

top picture bottom picture? which pictures are these you're referring to.

I assure you, they're as big as they look.

bottom picture looks like it used camera tricks, the pictures were on Instagram

In the trailer there is a split-second shot of what I’m 90% sure is an AT-RT, and it looks as though it’s being deployed from some type of drop ship.  Perhaps the Y-45.  If that is the model of walker in that shot I’d love to see the Imperial rendition of it like we did in Rogue One with the HAVw A9 Juggernaut.

50 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

My suspicion is that it's an AT-DT

Edit: Just looked this up, didn’t realize we were getting ANOTHER new walker in Solo.  I agree the AT-DT must be paired with the Y-45.  I’m sure we’ll get a Lego version that pairs up sometime in the future.  Man I just want my AT-RTs to make a comeback...

2 hours ago, Skyhammer said:

Edit: Just looked this up, didn’t realize we were getting ANOTHER new walker in Solo

An AT-RT isn't confirmed, but I'd say there's a good chance given everyone loves a >good< walker set. Including this in the Solo subtheme hjelps to explain why LEGO didn't go all in on 75201 Star Wars First Order AT-ST.

I would've thought the Conveyex set would be bigger and more expensive than the Hauler, that thing does NOT look like it's $90, sheesh. I do really like it though.

29 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

I bet those rangetrooper helmets will be the same as the shore troopers.

Hmmm idk, the Mimban Stormtrooper helmet is barely different from the standard one yet we got a new mold for it. It wouldn't surprise me though if they reused it but it would be really unfortunate.

There isn't an AT-RT in the trailer...

Spoiler

Its a new variant thats essentially a flak gun planted on top of AT-ST legs. 

1 hour ago, ChiefPie said:

I bet those rangetrooper helmets will be the same as the shore troopers.

I could see them doing that. I don't think it would be the worst compromise, just extremely disappointing. 

If we're getting them in a ninety dollar set they better be new molds.

10 hours ago, Tidy said:

sucks to be you then ... 

I terms of lego, yes I guess, another round of disappointments. 

7 hours ago, doclord said:

No L3 is ridiculous. Another casualty of Harry Potter/Jurassic World mold budgets?

No Dryden Vos either, and he's supposedly the main villain of the film. Odd.

32 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

This one's excusable due to the actor swap. Omitting L3 on the other hand makes no sense unless her design was changed midway through production (I don't think we've ever heard anything to that effect though) :sceptic:

4 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

I would've thought the Conveyex set would be bigger and more expensive than the Hauler, that thing does NOT look like it's $90, sheesh. I do really like it though.

Hold up Conveyex pics have been leaked?

Hey guys I don't think I saw this here yet so there you go. Img from new TV trailers

This is the inspiration for the 75219 set

Solo-4.jpg

Edited by mitzab
Added more clear info

3 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Supposedly. :wink:

I agree that the alteration of his character design will likely have influenced the lack of a minifigure. For the foreseeable future at least. 

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

This one's excusable due to the actor swap. Omitting L3 on the other hand makes no sense unless her design was changed midway through production (I don't think we've ever heard anything to that effect though) :sceptic:

22 minutes ago, Renown said:

Supposedly. :wink:

I agree that the alteration of his character design will likely have influenced the lack of a minifigure. For the foreseeable future at least. 

Ah right, forgot about the actor swap. Hopefully he'll show up in a future set then. But yeah, the lack of L-337 is a disappointment.

Seemingly no proper Mudtrooper in this wave either, which is a shame as was looking forward to them.

As with Galen Erso and Saw Gerrera, I suppose it’s inevitable that some key characters will be held back for future sets - maybe the Mudtrooper will appear in a battle pack!?!

21 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

Seemingly no proper Mudtrooper in this wave either, which is a shame as was looking forward to them.

As with Galen Erso and Saw Gerrera, I suppose it’s inevitable that some key characters will be held back for future sets - maybe the Mudtrooper will appear in a battle pack!?!

I prefer the lack of human key characters as they are more easy mockable, but L3-37 is more of a loss

With movies coming out every year, will LEGO only do 2-3 waves including sets from the newest film then almost never re visit it, i mean after 2 rogue one waves, theres been nothing, theres nothing upcoming for the force awakens, the only films theyre doing sets for are the OT films and th 2 most recent films, LJ and SOLO, if so would this mean no Saw Gerrera, no pre-scar Kylo Ren, no helmeted Kylo-ren and more