MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 hours ago, LegoAndDisney said:

I've seen Enfy Nest appearing around the web; what set is he/she in and when's it released?

75215, retails for 29.99$, contains 3 minifigures (Enfys Nest, Marauder Gang Member and one other, maybe Dryden Vos). The builds are two dark tan Marauders' speeders.

I really like Luke's helmet from 75218. It's great.

Was the Imperial Dropship ever speculated? I had never seen anything regarding it until the photos were released. I've seen some people thinking that the Dropship could have been confused with the V-19 Torrent but I find it hard to believe even with the lower wings being 'somewhat' similar.

So is it safe to assume that LEGO will continue producing Clone Wars sets but without the Clone Wars 'esque' art/figures?

The Imperial Hauler looks interesting. The brown undersecretary almost gives it a steampunk feel. I'm guessing Lego were going for a more rusted effect? but I guess come Friday we'll know. 

I like the new X Wing Helmets, but I agree they're huge in comparison to previous version *huh*, like some sort of optical illusion. Nonetheless the X Wing loos fantastic, definitely the best version we've had so far. 

1 hour ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

Was the Imperial Dropship ever speculated? I had never seen anything regarding it until the photos were released. I've seen some people thinking that the Dropship could have been confused with the V-19 Torrent but I find it hard to believe even with the lower wings being 'somewhat' similar.

So is it safe to assume that LEGO will continue producing Clone Wars sets but without the Clone Wars 'esque' art/figures?

It was never speculated. I’d say it’s safe to say the v-19 is coming sometime.

2 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

I’d say it’s safe to say the v-19 is coming sometime.

Infinite monkeys and infinite bricks!

Thoughts on new summer/fall sets. Nothing except for Snokes Throne Room stands out. Sandcrawler is a smaller version of the 2014 version, the X-wing is nice but like the Tie-fighter I think we have gotten so many that I don't care when a new one comes out. I don't remember getting a lot of the Anakin's Starfighter sets so this is welcomed by me, good price for one too. Hoth Medical Chamber is a nice surprise. I think it's weird how in the Harry Potter Great Hall set, to have more action they added the Basilisk, yet here there is no action what so ever. The Throne Room looks epic, lots of cool characters in one set, and it's a location build! Too bad the price is bad. 

The new helmets are a lot bigger than the old ones, but I don't think they're inconsistent with the other recent Star Wars helmets, particularly the TIE pilots. They're all huge. And in this case, the actual helmets in the movie are also somewhat comical--look how huge it is compared to Wedge Antilles's head. I'm reserving final judgement until I have the figure in hand, but my initial reaction is that they look pretty good. I totally understand the concerns with previous figures not getting updated to the new standard, but I think it's a terrible idea to let that stand in the way of making newer, nicer figures. They still haven't updated all the pilots to flesh heads instead of yellow, but it would be silly to suggest at this point that changing to a more accurate standard was a bad idea in 2005; our pilot collections will eventually recover from this and be better for it.

I meant to mention this earlier, but the price of the new Anakin's starfighter makes the price of the Obi-wan's hyperdrive ring into even more of a joke than it already was. Hilarious that the starfighter can be $20, and apparently that anaemic ring is worth another $80. Seriously though the new one is a great price. I cant remember the last time I could say that about a star wars set.

1 hour ago, Magmafrost said:

...that anaemic ring is worth another $80.

Oh man my sides. That’s the most accurate description of it yet.

Looking at the x-wing pilot leak, i believe to some degree it is camera tricks that make the helmet look bigger, i can’t defenitely say for the top picture but in the bottom picture you can defenitely see the new pilot is closer to the camera and the old pilot is father’s away. My point is I think that picture is an exaggeration of how big the helmet actually is

What the heck this Stormtrooper brickhead looks really good. Outside of one or two MOCs Ive pretty much hated the brickheadz format in its entirety, but I actually really like this one. Now I want other trooper types.

Edited by Magmafrost

3 hours ago, Theemp1re said:

Looking at the x-wing pilot leak, i believe to some degree it is camera tricks that make the helmet look bigger, i can’t defenitely say for the top picture but in the bottom picture you can defenitely see the new pilot is closer to the camera and the old pilot is father’s away. My point is I think that picture is an exaggeration of how big the helmet actually is

top picture bottom picture? which pictures are these you're referring to.

I assure you, they're as big as they look.

In my opinion, regarding the new helmet, the worst thing is that the alternate faces will not have the helmet lanyard :/

I think my problem with the new helmet is that, to me, it seems like the visor is more wide than it should be. The proportions in general seem to be a tad bit flawed.

I really need to see one of these new helmets in hand. From the front they look really bulbous but from other angles they look really good and fairly accurate. Still, I'll take a physical visor over a printed one any day even if it costs a little in the aesthetics. 

The OFFICIAL "Confidential" Star Wars 2018 2HY Lineup as per leaked product/promotional copy: LEGO Solo Kits for August of 2018(edited)

#75215 ($30 US) Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes: Enfys Nest, Tobias Beckett, & Weazel.(edited)

#75217 ($80 US) Imperial Conveyex Transport: Han, Chewbacca, and Range Trooper(s)(edited)

#75219 ($90 US) Imperial AT-Hauler: Tobias Beckett, Qi'Ra, Val, Rio Durant, and "Dryden Henchman".(edited)

These names are now official; they are no longer derivative of assumed subject matter or conjecture. Some names might be a bit off, but Weazal/Weazel is definitely the short Cloud Rider in 75215, and there are definitely at least one "Dryden thug" in 75219.(edited)

5 minutes ago, BP VFX said:
The OFFICIAL "Confidential" Star Wars 2018 2HY Lineup as per leaked product/promotional copy: LEGO Solo Kits for August of 2018(edited)

#75215 ($30 US) Cloud Rider Swoop Bikes: Enfys Nest, Tobias Beckett, & Weazel.(edited)

#75217 ($80 US) Imperial Conveyex Transport: Han, Chewbacca, and Range Trooper(s)(edited)

#75219 ($90 US) Imperial AT-Hauler: Tobias Beckett, Qi'Ra, Val, Rio Durant, and "Dryden Henchman".(edited)

These names are now official; they are no longer derivative of assumed subject matter or conjecture. Some names might be a bit off, but Weazal/Weazel is definitely the short Cloud Rider in 75215, and there are definitely at least one "Dryden thug" in 75219.(edited)

The Conveyex sounds promising. Just hope that the Rangetrooper minifigures live up to the good quality of other figures in recent years. 

No Elthree though. :( Odd since we got K2 in the first wave of Rogue One sets.

Sounds odd with Tobias Beckett in two sets and no Dryden Vos. And this is info from a very new member, want more proof until I take this as confirmed

I imagine the ‘Dryden Henchman’ will resemble the Funko Pop! ‘Dryden Gangster’ - looks pretty cool.

Really loving all the Solo sets and minifigures - hope the film does them justice...

39 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Sounds odd with Tobias Beckett in two sets and no Dryden Vos. And this is info from a very new member, want more proof until I take this as confirmed

would you feel better if i posted that same image?