MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

also made many many many appearances in rebels ... i was hoping one day for it to appear as a rebels set with lots of named imperials ... not a flipping obi-wan ... but i will take it ... matter of fact, i'll take several thank you very much ...

When I saw the pictures, I thought of Rebels instantly. So sad that we rather get the worst Kenobi figure (also available in a 20$ set..), instead of.. Pryce, Contantine, Rex, Saw - or pretty much anyone from the Rebels gang, since they stole this ship like 20 times :laugh:

Since the design isn't thaat great, interior most likely small, very overpriced, no interesting figures.. It'll be another year without SW sets for me :cry_sad:

Is it plausible that, given the new rebel pilot helmet moulds, the likes of Dutch Vander from 75181 will eventually adopt this helmet mould given the set is still in production? It just seems a bit strange to be producing two different helmet moulds simultaneously, and it is a significantly different context to the different Imperial Stormtrooper helmets for Rebels and the Original Trilogy. 

5 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Sir von Lego has said that both the Troop Transport and the V-19 are coming so I'm not sure that is the case; as it is, there are many discrepancies between the original leakers description of these sets and the Hauler and Shuttle which mean I don't think they could be confused for each other if the leaker really was truthful.

Nevertheless, @Sir von Lego could you tell us if the Hauler or Sentinel Shuttle are what you took to be the V-19?

Huh, I'd completely forgotten that Sir von Lego was the one who leaked those rumours. He's proven to be pretty reliable - unless, of course, his knowledge of Star Wars ships failed him this time :laugh:

26 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Huh, I'd completely forgotten that Sir von Lego was the one who leaked those rumours. He's proven to be pretty reliable - unless, of course, his knowledge of Star Wars ships failed him this time :laugh:

I thought Sir Von Lego was the one who recently reconfirmed the sets rather than the one who leaked them initially with minifigures/descriptions. The original report came via an anonymous source from Rebelscum IIRC.

Just now, sn0wmana said:

I thought Sir Von Lego was the one who recently reconfirmed the sets rather than the one who leaked them initially with minifigures/descriptions. The original report came via an anonymous source from Rebelscum IIRC.

That is true.

3 hours ago, darththeling said:

It's this bad boi: https://brickset.com/sets/75221-1/Imperial-Landing-Craft 

Haven't had an official Lego release since 2007. https://brickset.com/sets/7659-1/Imperial-Landing-Craft 

<image>

Arguably the most noteworthy or distinctive appearance of this ship is at the beginning of A New Hope when the troopers land on Tatooine looking for the droids. Not to be confused with the Lambda

It looks a bit sloppy the way those curved bay doors don't line up on 75221. Are they are trying to hide a play function or design feature that wasn't worth it? I suppose it's fixable. Big gap behind the cockpit too. Wonder how ambitious the interior is. If anyone knows of somewhere to see the interior pics... I'd be grateful.

The 75221 set is a good surprise and a must buy for me. The number of Tatooine sets in the last years is great: Droid escape pod (2016), Luke's speeder (2017), and in 2018 the Mos Eisley cantina, the Tatooine battle pack, the sand crawler and the imperial landing craft. The sand troopers seem to be equal to the Cantina one. It's a bit strange to put there another Obi Wan and R2-D2, even a tusken raider and a Jawa would have more sense. The imperial shuttle pilot is a right choice. However, it would be a better set with another 2 sand troopers instead as in 7659, or a sand trooper with a dewback, to mimic the scene in the @darththeling quoted post from ANH. Any chance of an imperial Tatooine battle pack to complement the drop ship? :look:

The sand crawler is interesting as a system scale set, although I will skip it as I have the UCS one, which is an excellent set. But I like the droids... I cannot identify the medical droid with sand color though. The RA-7 droid is useful as it appears in the sand crawler scene, but also in the Death Star and in Scarif. The yellow R5 droid appears in the scene with Luke's speeder and the sand troopers in Mos Eisley.

5a4caac51eaf2_yellowdroid(2).jpg.423ccf9fad375c008b492300fa4ff01f.jpg

Edited by dvogon

15 hours ago, SuperSith said:

Are Rio Durant’s extra arms made using these pieces?

I hope you're not right about it...

2 hours ago, sn0wmana said:

Oops, I think you're right, I can't recall correctly. Either way, he backed those rumours so there's some credibility to them.

We still have some unrevealed summer Solo sets, so Lego probably hasn't revealed the entire summer wave yet.

6 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

Oops, I think you're right, I can't recall correctly. Either way, he backed those rumours so there's some credibility to them.

We still have some unrevealed summer Solo sets, so Lego probably hasn't revealed the entire summer wave yet.

Yeah I hope you're right; it sounded awesome. The reason why I cast doubt was because the original source's reliability is of course in question and the minifigs did seem too good to be true. However, I trust Sir Von Lego so we shall see.

6 hours ago, Renown said:

Is it plausible that, given the new rebel pilot helmet moulds, the likes of Dutch Vander from 75181 will eventually adopt this helmet mould given the set is still in production? It just seems a bit strange to be producing two different helmet moulds simultaneously, and it is a significantly different context to the different Imperial Stormtrooper helmets for Rebels and the Original Trilogy. 

I think it would be very unlikely. General Merrick's helmet in the Advent Calendar is the classic mold and that is not even out yet. I don't believe Lego has ever updated a mold/piece in a released set. A future re-release of a Y-Wing may have an updated Dutch Vander helmet.... but I wouldn't hold your breath!

1 hour ago, Renegade Clone said:

I think it would be very unlikely. General Merrick's helmet in the Advent Calendar is the classic mold and that is not even out yet. I don't believe Lego has ever updated a mold/piece in a released set. A future re-release of a Y-Wing may have an updated Dutch Vander helmet.... but I wouldn't hold your breath!

While I can't remember any cases of molds being replaced, I can recall the Hoth Echo Base's (2009) Han Solo being updated with the 2010 head. Similarly The Ghost's Kanan Jarrus' head and hair pieces were replaced with more accurate colours

I'm surprised that no-one has jumped on the mini Cloud City we're getting with the 75213 Star Wars Advent Calendar as proof we're getting a UCS set.

24 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

I'm surprised that no-one has jumped on the mini Cloud City we're getting with the 75213 Star Wars Advent Calendar as proof we're getting a UCS set.

Lol

6 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

While I can't remember any cases of molds being replaced, I can recall the Hoth Echo Base's (2009) Han Solo being updated with the 2010 head. Similarly The Ghost's Kanan Jarrus' head and hair pieces were replaced with more accurate colours

Apparently the the first UCS Falcon was available with both the old 6.6L rods and the new 6L ones, and a few sets were available with both old grey and new grey parts. What I dont think we've ever seen is a set have a piece get a new exclusive print after release (unless the original was faulty, which I presume has probably happened at some point)

Edited by Magmafrost

4 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

Lego trolling ? 

12 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

The original post on Rebelscum was January 17th and SvL confirmed the Resistance Transport on April13th.

I don't recall that he has confirmed the V-19 though. Not sure who confirmed Snokes Throne Room though ;)

The numbers are wrong but that could mean that there was a change in the release schedule.

On ‎18‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 10:07 AM, Robianco said:

I'm not someone who jumps into finding small things in sets such as silhouetted images of ships on boxes and expecting them to be a precursor to a release... but...

It's quite interesting that there's a very tiny Cloud City build with cloud car circling it in the micro builds from the Advent Calendar. It's the only ESB build in the calendar... along with IG-88.

5 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

^ Someone already did.

21 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

I don't recall that he has confirmed the V-19 though

He did several pages ago. ?

14 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

^ Someone already did.

I'm glad at least one person spotted that. :)

So a pic surfaced of the new rebel pilot helmet from the side, compared to the old one. This new mold is huge. The fig is basically a bobble head. And as evidenced by the resistance pilot helmet, that really wasn't necessary.

Just now, Magmafrost said:

So a pic surfaced of the new rebel pilot helmet from the side, compared to the old one. This new mold is huge. The fig is basically a bobble head. And as evidenced by the resistance pilot helmet, that really wasn't necessary.

I know what you mean... and I made my thoughts known when I first saw them from the front. But the more I look at them, especially when compared with my Sideshow Snowspeeder Luke figure, the new helmet is a pretty accurate shape. It's now the size that seems to be more of the issue. I think after a little while I'll get used to it... and once more of them start to appear they'll feel normal. They just seem very large currently.

2 minutes ago, Magmafrost said:

but hey, it has a printed chin strap so that eliminates one subset of people's complaining ... /shrug

Edited by Tidy

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

but hey, it has a printed chin strap so that eliminates one subset of people's complaining ... /shrug

Yikes they really are bulky, but you're right, they do appear to have a printed chin strap so count me happy...ish. One thing that makes me want to love these new helmets is the fact that they have detailed side printing.

Edited by BacktoBricks

10 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Yikes they really are bulky, but you're right, they do appear to have a printed chin strap so count me happy...ish. One thing that makes me want to love these new helmets is the fact that they have detailed side printing.

I'm afraid that's probably a mistake by the photographer... no printed chin straps, figure comes with the head 3626cpb1414

Photographer was probably testing how good it looks with heads with visor printing on and forgot to take it off again. Probably.

Sorry :(

13 minutes ago, fleetwoodd said:

I'm afraid that's probably a mistake by the photographer... no printed chin straps, figure comes with the head 3626cpb1414

Photographer was probably testing how good it looks with heads with visor printing on and forgot to take it off again. Probably.

Sorry :(

Yeah I did think the original photos definitely didn't show a strap, but thought that maybe I had missed the alternate head. Looking again though, you're right; neither side of Luke or Bigg's faces show a strap. Still it shows it may be possible to rectify this with a printed stop in the future.

Am I the only one bothered that the Sentinel's side compartments are angled and not straight together as they should be?

That's a set i'd buy but only if thats correctable.

-

The tan medical droid in the sand crawler oddly enough might be Saw Gerrera's medical droid.