MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

7 minutes ago, getbusybrickin said:

Pictures of an Imperial Landing Craft and the Hoth set just dropped!

Unfortunately, I think there is a chance that the V-19 rumor came from seeing the Imperial Landing Craft and misinterpreting it. 

I think it's more likely that the landing craft is the TIE interceptor rather than the V-19, since the Landing Craft has the Interceptor's rumored set number. If I had to guess, I'd say that the second wave of SOLO sets will be released in the fall along with the V-19 and resistance transport

Nice from lego to include the Captain and Corporal ranks in the Sentinel Shuttle, now everyone can finally get an updated version of these guys with the small Cantina. Lego Sandtroopers are always nice to get.

I also searched wide and far for the Hoth set, Brickin, can you help a simple man trying to make his way through the interwebs to find this one?

• Landing Craft is $90 USD, and has 636 pieces. That's 14 cents/piece which is pretty expensive for what you get. The minifigures are nothing exciting.
  • Snoke's Throne Room suffers from being overpriced for its size and piece count, but it's visually attractive.
  • The Hoth Medical Chamber looks nice, but isn't all that exciting as a playset.
  • Anakin's Starfighter is much better than the 2008 one, but the gap between the wings and body looks pretty bad. Getting three R2-D2 figures this wave also sucks.

IMO the Sandcrawler and X-Wing are the best sets coming this summer.

Edited by TWRAddict

Snokes Throne Room is one of the ugliest, worst designed, most over priced sets of all time. Very disappointed.

Glad to see Leia is finally in a cheap set though.

Ouch why is the landing craft so expensive? 

This is the first year I want multiple expensive sets.

X-Wing, Sandcrawler, Hoth Sickbay, Imperial Landing Craft...

5 minutes ago, saysonder said:

Snokes Throne Room is one of the ugliest, worst designed, most over priced sets of all time. Very disappointed.

Glad to see Leia is finally in a cheap set though.

Disagree but I guess it's subjective. 

I think it looks messy in photos but will look much better in person like Emperor's Throne Room.

~

Advent Calender truly has the worst selection of figures, only Merrick and Guavian Death Gang Member.

Edited by Forresto

That 30$ Hoth set has a better interior than the mighty 250$ UCS Assault on Hoth.

Set includes action features such as:

- ''Awkwardly have Leia kiss his brother Luke much to the dismay of the medical droid''. 

- ''Heal Luke so he may jump back into the action with the upcoming inevitable snowspeeder release''.

Lego has been soft on my wallet with their latest releases but It's gonna be a wild ride $$$ this summer. 

Does anyone know if Anakin has a face on the other side without a headset? I'm not really interested in the set if he doesn't.

5 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

Suddenly realised that General Merrick will be released with that horrible new helmet! Absolutely ruins my pilot collection :(

The odd thing is, he has the old one.

Boy, am I glad I quit non-UCS SW sets.

-Sandcrawler is the best one of this wave.

-X-wing is nice but something's off. Perhaps too colorful?

-Anakin's starfighter is chunky and ugly.

-Snoke's throne room is pretty small and way overpriced.

-Hoth set is a very weird choice. A whole set for a tiny, tiny scene?

-Landing craft is nice, actually. But the mix of smooth and studded surfaces look odd. 

It's always fun to see the new sets. Just seeing them is enough - no interest in buying them.

1 hour ago, Scarecrowman said:

It is also very nice to see the astromech droid sitting in a 4-stud wide position, as opposed to previous versions.

Only the 2012 x-wing had the wrong orientation. All previous system-scale x-wings all had correct sockets.

Is that the Leia from the UCS Falcon? That’s an amazing inclusion and I’m definitely buying that Hoth set. Snoke’s Throne Room was going to be a day one purchase for me (a first for a Star Wars set) but not anymore. I’ll wait until I see at least a 20% discount. There’s no reason why one new helmet mold should bump up a set’s price by $20. 

10 hours ago, ChiefPie said:

Can anyone tell if that helmet on the snowman belongs to anyone?

antoc merrick.

Edited by Tidy

8 minutes ago, ChiefPie said:

Can anyone tell if that helmet on the snowman belongs to anyone?

Probably not on Anton Merrick,

Probably not. 

1 minute ago, RetroInferno said:

Probably not on Anton Merrick,

Probably not. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=anton+merrick&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=BaPfythey47IuM%3A%2CebyOyhmKg6VsWM%2C_&usg=__AxAFPk43w_RnTXGUXfgcmiNXzug%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-oorvhY7bAhXh64MKHRD4DvwQ9QEIQDAE#imgrc=BaPfythey47IuM:

5 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is that the Leia from the UCS Falcon? That’s an amazing inclusion and I’m definitely buying that Hoth set. Snoke’s Throne Room was going to be a day one purchase for me (a first for a Star Wars set) but not anymore. I’ll wait until I see at least a 20% discount. There’s no reason why one new helmet mold should bump up a set’s price by $20. 

different face on leia.

13 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

Is that the Leia from the UCS Falcon?

Looks like it. No doubt the head won't have the respirator as an alternate print.

Just now, Brikkyy13 said:

Looks like it. No doubt the head won't have the respirator as an alternate print.

it doesn't. and the regular face is different.

Well, the Landing Craft dropped out of nowhere, with a great opportunity for some Sandtroopers. I was planning to get the x-wing, but after seeing those helmets... Now i have an alternative. Should have ditched R2 and obi wan for 2 more troopers though, like the original.

2 hours ago, getbusybrickin said:

Pictures of an Imperial Landing Craft and the Hoth set just dropped!

Unfortunately, I think there is a chance that the V-19 rumor came from seeing the Imperial Landing Craft and misinterpreting it. 

Now THAT is a surprise! Not an Interceptor, but the design on it is excellent! I'll definitely be getting it. I also really like this Hoth set as well!

Also! The Advent Calendar images are also out! Looks like Merrick is included with a hairpiece and a Snowman has his helmet... which is THE CLASSIC REBEL PILOT VARIANT?! ._. What's the point of creating a new helmet mold if they don't even use it for other figures with the exact same kind of helmet in other sets?!

Wait, so no Santa for the calendar this year? Pretty crappy if they’re moving away from the unique variant, they’ve been some of my favorite SW figs.

Why do fans of LEGO seem to hate LEGO so much? I recognize that some sets are overpriced, but the quality of the sets is superb and they seem to have fixed and improved upon designs that were complained about in the past. I, for one, commend LEGO for this wave. 

Some nice new sets there.

I like the sandcrawler but mainly for it's droid selection - the build itself is nothing special.

Snoke's Throne room looks good although I'm disappointed the dramatic red curtains aren't represented. Also that Snoke appears identical to that in the FO Star Destroyer - I was hoping for angry face Snoke!

I like the Landing Craft but wish they'd given us 2 more Sandtroopers, a crashed shuttle or a dewback than Obiwan and R2, which seem rather random inclusions. Think I'll stick the old one on Ebay tonight as this definitely looks like a superior replacement.

Hoth Medical Bay is cute but will definitely have more appeal to AFOLs than kids.

The sandcrawler is .... truly the sandcrawler of my dreams. Perfect price, perfect size. Looks big enough to cram a handul of jawas in there. :wub:

The imperial landing craft photo (reddit).... the top and bottom of the curved bay doors don't seem to evenly match up in the stock photo. That can't be a design mistake, can it? It looks wonky.

The Snoke (Supremacy playset) justifies the price because it's a big kit, mates. Check out Brothers-brick, they've got higher angles of the floor space that show the overall layout is like a big W shape, with a couple of those Dr. Evil style paper shredders in the floor, and some railings in the style of the Death Star throne room.

And what looks like a little rocket launcher? Maybe controls for the oculus... which for some reason isn't there. :wacko:

EDIT: I probably miscounted, but it looks like the throne room is roughly 30 studs wide either way.

The elevator door rotates.

Size and price wise, this one really reminds me of Palp's arrest. http://lego.wikia.com/wiki/9526_Palpatine's_Arrest The details of the throne room are actually pretty nice... although I'd prefer the UCS treatment for the Supremacy (ship, not playset) around the size of the SSD Executor. 

Edited by darththeling
size of Snoke throne room