MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

While I had some serious issues with The Last Jedi, that throne room fight scene was definitely not one of them. Super excited that rumor was true. 

53 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Realistically, you don't need more than the two we're allegedly getting since in total there's four pairs of Guards with three different helmet designs between them :wink: I think the main reason we're currently only getting one variant is the amount of new moulds required. Once this one variant and its parts (especially the armour) are widey available, the others only require one new exclusive mould each and two new parts for a BP for instance wouldn't be much of a stretch I assume :sweet:

There's actually four guards with four helmet variants. The ones we get are just a slightly different variant of the halbred ones and their baldness are slightly thinner and curved. These guys got the least screen time I think.

Really loving the new X-Wing. The build looks much improved over the previous one with the new cockpit, detailed engines and correct astromech positioning. I'm glad we're also finally getting a new Biggs figure and even better - a new dual molded Rebel helmet with transparent visor! I was disappointed it didn't happen sooner when the Resistance helmets came out but better late than never. The only downside is the number of pilots that have now been added to the backlog for updates (Wedge, Porkins, Dack, Zev, Wes Janson, Theron Nett and especially Gold Leader who's unfortunately become outdated as soon as he was released)

The leaked minifigures look great as well. Enfys Nest and her henchman look pretty cool and the Praetorean Guard looks better than I had hoped.

I'm hoping the TIE Interceptor rumour is true since its been too long since the last one, but I'd like to see it go back to the rounded cockpit designs of the First Order TIE Fighter, TIE Striker and Vader/Inquisitor TIEs. While the new Imperial TIE Fighter from the Solo wave is an improvement over the 2012 version, the build of it feels like a step backwards from the past four releases and honestly looks like a blocky mess. :sick:

35 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Realistically, you don't need more than the two we're allegedly getting since in total there's four pairs of Guards with three different helmet designs between them :wink: I think the main reason we're currently only getting one variant is the amount of new moulds required. Once this one variant and its parts (especially the armour) are widey available, the others only require one new exclusive mould each and two new parts for a BP for instance wouldn't be much of a stretch I assume :sweet:

Honestly only one of the remaining helmets needs a new mold - the T shaped one from the buildable figure. The third variant can easily get away with using the existing Mandalorian helmet.

10 hours ago, darththeling said:

Cheers. That makes sense. :laugh:  Thought maybe I'd been watching TLJ the wrong way!  

Watching it period was watching it the wrong way.  #notmyLukeSkywalker

22 hours ago, HutchProDucktions said:

It's hard to tell, but if it is, it's about time. Down side is we'd have to wait for them to re-release pilots like Wedge and Dak in the new helmet mold which is kinda annoying. Gold Leader as well, which is a shame because they just released his new fig in the UCS Y-Wing.

Yeah, not to mention Wes Janson and the two Rogue One pilot helmets.  Plus the dark red one from the Sandspeeder set.  On the other hand, Luke's, Biggs's, Dak's, Wedge's, and Wes's all still lack(ed) side printing, so maybe it's just was well to start now.  Come to think of it, if the rumored small Hoth playset is another Snowspeeder with a new windscreen and some seriously revamped helmets, they might just fool me thrice.

And yeah, as for Gold Leader, there is absolutely no excuse, since they should have started dual-molding Rebel helmets years ago.  I'm pretty salty right now...although let's be real, that X-Wing is magnificent, and a day one purchase for sure!!

Edit: Wesker beat me to it.  And how could I have forgotten Red Ten and Porkins?  :grin:

Edit: And Zev, who is in my profile picture?  :tongue:  This is getting ridiculous.  I should have stopped trying to collect Rebel pilots long ago, because as soon as they all have dual-molded, side-printed helmets, they'll have dual-molded, printed arms and legs, and then the astromechs will get back printing and retractable third legs, and then...

Edited by RogueTwo

Typical TLG move giving us an updated helmet, right after a major set is released with the previous version. Like it was impossible to update that helmet too right? Sure... :hmpf_bad:

18 minutes ago, RogueTwo said:

Yeah, not to mention Wes Janson and the two Rogue One pilot helmets.  Plus the dark red one from the Sandspeeder set.  On the other hand, Luke's, Biggs's, Dak's, Wedge's, and Wes's all still lack(ed) side printing, so maybe it's just was well to start now.  Come to think of it, if the rumored small Hoth playset is another Snowspeeder with a new windscreen and some seriously revamped helmets, they might just fool me thrice.

And yeah, as for Gold Leader, there is absolutely no excuse, since they should have started dual-molding Rebel helmets years ago.  I'm pretty salty right now...although let's be real, that X-Wing is magnificent, and a day one purchase for sure!!

Edit: Wesker beat me to it.  And how could I have forgotten Red Ten and Porkins?  :grin:

Edit: And Zev, who is in my profile picture?  :tongue:  This is getting ridiculous.  I should have stopped trying to collect Rebel pilots long ago, because as soon as they all have dual-molded, side-printed helmets, they'll have dual-molded, printed arms and legs, and then the astromechs will get back printing and retractable third legs, and then...

Yep, the moment I saw that TFA pilots got visors, I stopped myself from getting any additional OT pilots, thank goodness it was worth it, i was almost at the breaking point. :tongue:

Looks like we may have some verification on the Hoth playset rumour. I'm browsing Mario's instagram account and pictured among the leaked Harry Potter minifigures is a Hoth Leia minifigure featuring the same costume from the UCS set but with the standard Leia face from the Death Star/Imperial Shuttle. A new Clone Wars Anakin is also included in the same picture with an updated Season 1 costume and new face print thats similar to the ROTS pilot one but with less lines on the face and grimace expression.

There's also a separate post featuring a close up of Bigg's astromech from the X-Wing who is indeed R2-Q2 and not another R2-BHD.

Wow figs getting leaked left right n centre...

Biggs - excited to see the new rebel helmet with visor (welcome and overdue), although I do pray that the actual helmet mould remains the same - after painstakingly (£££) collecting every other rebel helmet it’d be a shame to change the mould when there’s only a couple more to complete the collection so to speak.

R2-Q2 - quality!

Praetorian Guard - another highly anticipated figure that’s a bit meh! The helmet looks great and pleased to have the red skirt piece, but the shoulder armour doesn’t really capture one of the defining features of the character imo - a single shoulder piece with a breastplate and arm printing would work better I think - how arm printing has escaped these figures is beyond me!

Anakin - decent CW update.

9 minutes ago, adam1210leg said:

Is that a new Ventress at Dementor/Snape/Grindelwald picture?

new Ventress where?

1 hour ago, adam1210leg said:

Is that a new Ventress at Dementor/Snape/Grindelwald picture?

Looks more like a helmet- and capeless Vader.

Edited by DarthBrickus

3 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

And Antoc Merrick in the upcoming Calendar... Don't forget him!

3 hours ago, wesker said:

Looks like we may have some verification on the Hoth playset rumour. I'm browsing Mario's instagram account and pictured among the leaked Harry Potter minifigures is a Hoth Leia minifigure featuring the same costume from the UCS set but with the standard Leia face from the Death Star/Imperial Shuttle. A new Clone Wars Anakin is also included in the same picture with an updated Season 1 costume and new face print thats similar to the ROTS pilot one but with less lines on the face and grimace expression.

There's also a separate post featuring a close up of Bigg's astromech from the X-Wing who is indeed R2-Q2 and not another R2-BHD.

I'm looking there too and I can't see any of these figures. Did the pictures get deleted?

Edited by TWRAddict

27 minutes ago, TWRAddict said:

I'm looking there too and I can't see any of these figures. Did the pictures get deleted?

Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I was going mad ?  

43 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Glad I'm not the only one. Thought I was going mad ?  

I found them on the Legoleaks Discord if you're still having trouble finding them on Instagram.

I dig that new torso print for Anakin, nice mishmash between his early Clone Wars appearance and his ROTS look. Also, I'd love to get that Hoth Leia in a cheap set so here's hoping it's from that rumoured Hoth one.

2 minutes ago, sn0wmana said:

I found them on the Legoleaks Discord if you're still having trouble finding them on Instagram.

I dig that new torso print for Anakin, nice mishmash between his early Clone Wars appearance and his ROTS look. Also, I'd love to get that Hoth Leia in a cheap set so here's hoping it's from that rumoured Hoth one.

Thanks :) I did a bit of word tweaking in my Insta search and found it. 

6 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

There's actually four guards with four helmet variants. The ones we get are just a slightly different variant of the halbred ones and their baldness are slightly thinner and curved. These guys got the least screen time I think.

Four would make sense given it's eight in total and all of them work in pairs, but I've only ever seen these three variants:

Bildergebnis für praetorian guards helmets

6 hours ago, wesker said:

Honestly only one of the remaining helmets needs a new mold - the T shaped one from the buildable figure. The third variant can easily get away with using the existing Mandalorian helmet.

I don't think that would work all that well given that the variant we're getting now has moulded grooves while the Mandalorian helmet could only have printed ones :wink:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

Four would make sense given it's eight in total and all of them work in pairs, but I've only ever seen these three variants:

*Praetorian Guard Helmets*

There's also one with a sort of lock-jaw design. It's the helmet that matches the leaked Guard minifig, actually.

1 hour ago, Penkid11 said:

There's also one with a sort of lock-jaw design. It's the helmet that matches the leaked Guard minifig, actually.

Isn't that just the third one on the picture I posted? From a front view, it'd look like that :wink:

10 hours ago, Johan78 said:

I built the 75181 Y-wing set and I think Lego have missed putting a brown rod on the opposite side. See step 134. According to the instructions the brown rod is only put on the right side. Not on the left side which is left empty. Is this by purpose or a mistake by Lego?

I noticed this too. I believe it was done on purpose. It is one of the many very subtle details you are likely to only notice if you build the model yourself.

14 hours ago, wesker said:

I was disappointed it didn't happen sooner when the Resistance helmets came out but better late than never. The only downside is the number of pilots that have now been added to the backlog for updates (Wedge, Porkins, Dack, Zev, Wes Janson, Theron Nett and especially Gold Leader who's unfortunately become outdated as soon as he was released)...

Glad you thought of that as well. I think what they should have done was halted on sets that had the Rebel pilot minifigures for a period of time and then started them back up at least 9 months after Gold Leader's release or even have had his helmet to have been the first to change. This would have been a lot like the Han Solo hair change in the recent Death Star.

13 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

Typical TLG move giving us an updated helmet, right after a major set is released with the previous version. Like it was impossible to update that helmet too right? Sure... :hmpf_bad:

Yep, the moment I saw that TFA pilots got visors, I stopped myself from getting any additional OT pilots, thank goodness it was worth it, i was almost at the breaking point. :tongue:

Good going!

In the background of some image you can see a figure with black, printed legs and white female head. Could be Ventress, could be for Solo movie as well though.