MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Found it! Thank you. :)

There seems to be a lot of open space behind the astromech. And the yellow lever's weird.

Just saw the Vader Brickheadz.  I'm not a fan of Brickheadz in general, but I like this one.

Saw the picture of the summer X-Wing. Great model, but I don't like the spring missiles and stud shooters. Easily removable though!

It's "funny" to see that SW sets become even smaller and more expensive.. and the X-wing is no excuse.. as far as I can tell from that picture.

Edited by Jockos

44 minutes ago, Jockos said:

It's "funny" to see that SW sets become even smaller and more expensive.. and the X-wing is no excuse.. as far as I can tell from that picture.

True, but the models do seem to get sturdier and more solid. LEGO seems to be putting more pieces into smaller, more durable sets which is aggravating for size but nice for strength.

On 14.5.2018 at 4:41 PM, Tidy said:

June

75203 - 29.99 usd [hoth playset - confidential name]

75221 - 89.99 usd [tie interceptor or v19, no one knows yet]

What... in June already? That's in just over two weeks!:cry_happy:

1 minute ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

What... in June already? That's in just over two weeks!:cry_happy:

that is the scuttlebutt that i am seeing/hearing ... and if an interceptor and a non hoth set, it would tide me over well until the real wave crashes ... if a v19 and hoth, saves me money for an extra set or two in august ... 

11 minutes ago, roadstermatt said:

where are these pictures ??  can some one pm me the link please

On Instagram: lego_world_club_2.0, dimaks_lego and world_club_news.

I really like X-Wing. Of course spring-loaded missiles and stud shooters make it worse, but overall it's great. So glad we got Biggs and not Wedge.

Holy midichlorians Batman, that's a nice looking X-wing! Proportions are really nice compared to those resistance T-70 sets.

Hey and we are getting a new helmet mold, facial prints and everything! 

Wait, is that the brand new 200$ Y-wing with generic pilot face and 19 year old helmet mold I see just over there? :grin:

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Snoke’s guard figure leaked

Thank you. A juicy leak for sure. Found fairly easily on Instagram: #legoleaks.

I'm assuming this is the real deal - I guess there's little chance it's fake at this point as we are more or less expecting these leaks now. 

The scupt of the head is fantastic. There appear to be little ridges along the visor area - nice texture. 

Not sure about the sloped piece pointing frontward - that's distracting (a dress backwards looks like a dress backwards) but unique at least. 

The shoulder pauldrons look very defined. 

Go check it out!! 

Edited by darththeling

1 minute ago, darththeling said:

Not sure about the sloped piece pointing frontward - that's distracting but unique at least. 

that's because it is assembled backwards ... 

2 minutes ago, Tidy said:

that's because it is assembled backwards ... 

Cheers. That makes sense. :laugh:  Thought maybe I'd been watching TLJ the wrong way!  

The Praetorian Guard figure looks great. Really nice helmet and shoulder sculpts. Can't wait for the Throne Room set; bet it'll end up being my favorite TLJ set.

So is it a thing now that all LSW mini figures are made with the cheaper Chinese plastic used in the CMF line? Apparently it is happening with the Solo sets and all future sets, is this the same case with all the other lego themes?

7 minutes ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

So is it a thing now that all LSW mini figures are made with the cheaper Chinese plastic used in the CMF line? Apparently it is happening with the Solo sets and all future sets, is this the same case with all the other lego themes?

Really? That's not good. How did you find out it was the same? This could pose an interesting situation for future sets...

For those of you asking about finding images, for me the easiest way has been to go on Instagram and just search for the hashtag #legoleaks.  It will include non-SW stuff, but you can sort it by top posts, what's most recent etc. and you can follow it like you'd follow an individual account.

It seems Lego have been really leaning into giving us updates on OT vehicles. From the AT-ST in Rogue One, the Tie in Solo and now this X-Wing. I for one, am more than happy. As a late entry to this game the older sets are constantly going up in price so getting a new release is fantastic!

Those throne room guards look AMAZING. The only problem is we'll all want a whole bunch of them!

I built the 75181 Y-wing set and I think Lego have missed putting a brown rod on the opposite side. See step 134. According to the instructions the brown rod is only put on the right side. Not on the left side which is left empty. Is this by purpose or a mistake by Lego?

1 hour ago, Vigadeath said:

Those throne room guards look AMAZING. The only problem is we'll all want a whole bunch of them!

Realistically, you don't need more than the two we're allegedly getting since in total there's four pairs of Guards with three different helmet designs between them :wink: I think the main reason we're currently only getting one variant is the amount of new moulds required. Once this one variant and its parts (especially the armour) are widey available, the others only require one new exclusive mould each and two new parts for a BP for instance wouldn't be much of a stretch I assume :sweet:

I see what you mean. I know initially I'll want four so I can have Rey and Kylo posed alongside 2 each. I imagine we might one day see a fully set but I also imagine some of them will be exclusives.