MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

45 minutes ago, GoldenNinja3000 said:

There could be another solution for a coat piece- make a stretchy fabric one that attaches at the legs like skirt pieces and then has holes for the arms to go through. It would be securely attached at the waist and then hang a little bit off the shoulders, but it would get the idea across and no one would have to pop arms out. Storm’s cape from 2014 did something like this, where it attached at the neck and then had holes for her hands to go through. 

Actually that's a fantastic compromise. Could absolutely work. If I get my hands on an extra copy of Luke's robe I may attempt this. 

My only concern with the stretchy material is how long will it last? Will it be prone to significant deterioration over time? 

14 hours ago, Malthus101 said:

Yes, one to build, one to keep for an investment potentially, for the future.

Problem with that? Given the meteoric rise in the price of old Star Wars sets, you're frankly stupid if you don't!

In terms of resale or investment, no. That's just smart business. Don't know how many people would buy two for display though.

6 hours ago, Forresto said:

Still there are a couple third party vendors I believe that sell overcoats. 

I like the Becket figure a lot - think they capture the face quite well and the torso printing is great. I’ll probably add one of the third party coats to finish him off, as I do for lots of figures as they really improve the look imo - often much better than the standard cloak piece, and they can be attached without moving the arms - you just slide the arms through the holes as one would a normal coat - would be even easier to do with the stretchy fabric Lego already use for some cloaks. I can’t see any reason for Lego not to introduce them at some point tbh... going slightly off topic here, sorry :|

Can anyone tell me what the rumors of you this moment are ? And when can we expect the Sumer sets ?

25 minutes ago, Jedibob said:

Can anyone tell me what the rumors of you this moment are ? And when can we expect the Sumer sets ?

Summer confirmed:

Anakin's Starfighter

X Wing

Sandcrawler 

Showdown with Enfy's Nest (or similar name) from Solo.

Train fight scene from Solo.

Snoke's Throne Room.

As for rumors:

Resistance Transport. 

There's a rumored Cloud City Playset floating around also. It's supposedly in line with the other players so far produced with a center area and then extending platforms with a miniature Slave 1. Lando and Boba Fett only two figs known.

Edited by Forresto

Just now, Forresto said:

Summer confirmed:

Anakin's Starfighter

X Wing

Sandcrawler 

Showdown with Enfy's Nest (or similar name) from Solo.

Train fight scene from Solo.

Snoke's Throne Room.

As for rumors:

Resistance Transport. 

There's a rumored Cloud City Playset floating around also.

When can we expect the summer sets?

Just now, Jedibob said:

They start popping up some places June typically but I'm used to actually seeing them in the States around July.

With the Solo wave just releasing last month, the Summer wave may bleed into the Fall however, at least the adsitional Solo sets.

7 minutes ago, Forresto said:

They start popping up some places June typically but I'm used to actually seeing them in the States around July.

With the Solo wave just releasing last month, the Summer wave may bleed into the Fall however, at least the adsitional Solo sets.

Oh my, really? I thought they're gonna be up in August. I hope they'll indeed come out soon, I can't wait for some official pics.

there is a thread that actually details all that out.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:36 AM, Archangelo said:

Oh my, really? I thought they're gonna be up in August. I hope they'll indeed come out soon, I can't wait for some official pics.

On 5/14/2018 at 10:23 AM, Jedibob said:

On 5/14/2018 at 9:57 AM, Jedibob said:

August

75203 - 29.99 usd, hoth medical chamber

75214 - 19.99 usd, anakin’s starfighter

75215 - 29.99 usd, [nemesis gang chariot - confidential name [believed to be enfys nest's gang face off]

75216 - 69.99 usd, snoke's throne room

75217 - 89.99 usd, [chimera - confidential name [believed to be conveyex train engine and one car no track]]

75218 - 79.99 usd, x-wing

75219 - 99.99 usd, imperial at-hauler

75220 - 139.99 usd, sandcrawler

75221 - 89.99 usd, sentinel class shuttle / imperial landing craft

September

75213 - 39.99 usd, advent calendar

ps. bunch o' rando brickheadz, a porg and a ucs that i don't track ...

Edited by Tidy

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

there is a thread that actually details all that out.

June

75203 - 29.99 usd [hoth playset - confidential name]

75221 - 89.99 usd [tie interceptor or v19, no one knows yet]

They are June release? I didn't know about it. I guess a really small June wave is coming.

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are June release? I didn't know about it. I guess a really small June wave is coming.

i wouldn't call it a wave at all ... it is just 2 retailer exclusives ... 1 just happens to be going wide release due to the folding of TRU ...

On 5/13/2018 at 3:19 AM, Azani said:

As far as Beckett from 75217 goes, it's visible on the relevant subreddit. :P If you're looking in the right place, it should be on Instagram as well; PM me if you need accounts to look for; if I'm not allowed to do that, I expect that someone will likely tell me. Apologies if so.

PM'ing the info is fine. Posting it publicly is not.

I was worried the Beckett figure was a fake. The face looks oddly disproportionate. Almost like it's a bad custom print. That coupled with the Mr. Incredible hair made me think it was fake. But maybe it's legit.

18 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

I was worried the Beckett figure was a fake. The face looks oddly disproportionate. Almost like it's a bad custom print. That coupled with the Mr. Incredible hair made me think it was fake. But maybe it's legit.

looks just like the mimban beckett from the tie ... with the addition of the comb-over ... not sure how else you could do that hair ... the creases in his face match the print ... i feel that it accurately represents the character/actor ... 

it's legit ...

5 hours ago, Aethersprite said:

Wait, what about that V-19 Torrent rumour? Was that confirmed to be false?

No SirVonLego confirmed it will be coming, although he did not say quite when or if the rumoured minifigure line was correct. 

22 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

there is a picture out there of the Darth Vader BrickHead! Amazing tiles! 

Good tile printing, but I think this one is worse than Chewie; the face looks too flat to me.

45 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

there is a picture out there of the Darth Vader BrickHead! Amazing tiles! 

Also of the X wing with biggs and a R2Q2.

12 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Also of the X-wing with Biggs and a R2-Q2.

HOLY CR*P! Is that a new Rebel helmet with double-molded visor?! LEGO I love you!

What's up with the yellow lever at the top-back of the X-Wing?

Is that what will open the wings?

The X-Wing is looking very nice and by far the best X-Wing build they've designed outside of the UCS sets. I'm also very glad to see Biggs. Hoping the droid is R2-Q2 and not another R2-BHD.

39 minutes ago, bountybossk said:

HOLY CR*P! Is that a new Rebel helmet with double-molded visor?! LEGO I love you!

It's hard to tell, but if it is, it's about time. Down side is we'd have to wait for them to re-release pilots like Wedge and Dak in the new helmet mold which is kinda annoying. Gold Leader as well, which is a shame because they just released his new fig in the UCS Y-Wing.

Where is everyone finding these photos? I assume linking in posts is frowned upon, but I'd appreciate a DM. :)

3 minutes ago, DomMk said:

Where is everyone finding these photos? I assume linking in posts is frowned upon, but I'd appreciate a DM. :)

I'd DM you but I'm unable to with my current member status (still a new member with only 7 posts), but I suggest searching "Lego X-Wing" on Google within the past 24 hours and looking to what the results come up for Reddit. There you should see something...

Edited by HutchProDucktions

Disappointing to see stickers along the fuselage of the X-Wing but damn does it look good. Vader brickheadz is a great addition to the collection. Will be grabbing both of these for sure.