MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

something just popped into my noggin.  could the v-19 be set 75221 ??? that is the only 'empty slot' that there is no real solid info on ...

Isn't that meant to be the Tie Interceptor? Although the price point certainly seems feasible for a V-19 with those figs and it was the slot I always thought made sense for that build. The Tie rumour seems to have suddenly come out of nowhere though, whereas this V-Wing rumour has been around a while.

@Sir von Lego Can you comment on the Tie rumour?

6 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

Isn't that meant to be the Tie Interceptor? Although the price point certainly seems feasible for a V-19 with those figs and it was the slot I always thought made sense for that build. The Tie rumour seems to have suddenly come out of nowhere though, whereas this V-Wing rumour has been around a while.

yup, the interceptor came out of left field and still hasn't had any other 'corroboration' ... and yeah, the $90 usd seems to fit more with the v-19 rumour [80-100] ... honestly, i hope that it is a v-19, that will save me money, as i'd probably end up getting 4 interceptors ...

24 minutes ago, Tidy said:

hope that it is a v-19, that will save me money, as i'd probably end up getting 4 interceptors ...

Haha either way I think C3PO summed it up nicely: 'We're doomed'. ?

42 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

I doubt and also really hope we don’t get the tie interceptor it’s not than good of a ship anyway and it will be the third tie vehicle in less than a year so I doubt it will sell well since it’s a rather obscure vehicle in terms of appearance in Star Wars and is very similar in design to Kylo rens Tie fighter

4 hours ago, BP VFX said:

Who comes with the Conveyex (Train), Imperial Hauler and the Speederbike sets?

I think Sir Von Lego would have said if he knew.

Nice that were getting a V-19 after they were so prominent in the Thrawn book.

1 hour ago, LegoLord54 said:

I doubt and also really hope we don’t get the tie interceptor it’s not than good of a ship anyway and it will be the third tie vehicle in less than a year so I doubt it will sell well since it’s a rather obscure vehicle in terms of appearance in Star Wars and is very similar in design to Kylo rens Tie fighter

Regardless of its 'obscurity', it remains an iconic ship from Return of The Jedi and long overdue a revamp. I'd expect it to sell rather well given the demand for an official update of it and its association with the Original Trilogy. 

6 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

I never saw anything like a TIE but this Solo “normal” TIE.

Thank you; that is interesting. Most appreciated :)

Star Wars summer set numbers and info is pretty messed up...

Confirmed Sets:

75213 Advent Calendar

75214 Anakin's Jedi Starfighter

75215 {Marauder Gang Showdown}

75216 The Throne Room Duel

75217 {Conveyex Heist}

75218 X-Wing Starfighter

75219 {Imperial Hauler}

75220 Sandcrawler

75230 Porg

Confirmed Sets Without Any Info:

XxXxX {V-19 Torrent Starfighter}

XxXxX {Resistance Transporter}

Really Strong Rumors:

75203 {Hoth Scene Walmart Exclusive}

75221 TIE Interceptor

Rumors:

XxXxX {Solo Playset with Chewie}

21 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

This is not the place for wish lists, even if it's a wish list of figures from a rumored set.

Not a wish list - just speculation as to what figs will be in a 2018 set.

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We have another case of phasma with enfys nest she comes with just a black head

Yep... at least the torso and leg prints are great. 

Also I love the small figure helmet, compared to Enfys 

9 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

We have another case of phasma with enfys nest she comes with just a black head

I’ve thought in the past that it might make some business sense for Lego to drip-feed details and overall quality onto SW minifigures, as it’s been a theme with genuine longevity with a limited number of characters, so ‘if we produce the perfect figure now, how do we improve on future releases’ etc etc.

However, post Disney and the array of new characters each year, not to mention the hundreds of legacy characters yet to be released or updated, I can’t see any justification for minifigures to not be relatively perfect (relative to other licensed themes or customs) - the lack of dual-moulded legs on Imperial officers a prime example.

Maybe something to do with their actual license with Disney? Maybe they recognise the secondary market that exists with updating SW minifigures? Maybe I’m just being a whiney manbaby!?!...

That said the Enfys Nest figure can probably be updated adequately with a suitable head and a different / custom cloak/s, the Warwick Davis figure looks great, and the overall quality of the Solo sets and minifigs is great imo.

In summary the Solo sets are generally excellent and I hope (as was the case with the fantastic RO line) they’re reflective of a great film. ??????

1 hour ago, ThousandMoon said:

That said the Enfys Nest figure can probably be updated adequately with a suitable head and a different / custom cloak/s, the Warwick Davis figure looks great, and the overall quality of the Solo sets and minifigs is great imo.

In summary the Solo sets are generally excellent and I hope (as was the case with the fantastic RO line) they’re reflective of a great film. ??????

See and considering this, I just help but get pissed off knowing that (from rumors) we only get ONE patron guard type in the upcoming Snoke Throne set and with Han Solo we got so many new molds and helmets for different charters.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy all of them and I will most probably get all the minifigs but commeone give us more guards. Everybody loved those 

After seeing the set-list, I decided, that I wont be buying any SW sets this year. They sure sound great and I am sure that a lot of people will be happy to get some of these sets (especially the ones that missed on the previous Jedi-Starfighters) but I was only interested in the 75211 Tie-Fighter and since I got it yesterday, my wallet can relax now, and I will save some money for other themes and maybe even next years SW sets, we will see. 

I actually quite like Enfy's Nest's figure.

The helmet should have more printing but I don't think it's as bad as some on Instagram are main it out to be. 

I don't know, it might be dissapointing in person. 

28 minutes ago, Daimar said:

After seeing the set-list, I decided, that I wont be buying any SW sets this year. They sure sound great and I am sure that a lot of people will be happy to get some of these sets (especially the ones that missed on the previous Jedi-Starfighters) but I was only interested in the 75211 Tie-Fighter and since I got it yesterday, my wallet can relax now, and I will save some money for other themes and maybe even next years SW sets, we will see. 

No X-Wing from the summer wave?

26 minutes ago, Robianco said:

X-Wing for 99.99 EUR... each time getting 10 EUR more expensive, and always nearly the same. LAME

10 hours ago, TeufelHund said:

Not a wish list - just speculation as to what figs will be in a 2018 set.

Same thing as wish list - 0 sources. Unreal info. We have a topic for wish lists and speculation, and here we only talk about rumors and confirmed info.

The Interceptor would be great, just kinda hoping they don't jump the prices up $10 from what the current TIE fighter is. Has everyone heard that Amazon appears to be getting Toys R Us exclusives? I wonder what that means for this potential TIE Interceptor... 

31 minutes ago, HutchProDucktions said:

Has everyone heard that Amazon appears to be getting Toys R Us exclusives? I wonder what that means for this potential TIE Interceptor... 

I hadn't heard that, but you're right.

A search just now reveals that the Mos Eisley Cantina (previously a TRU exclusive) is coming to Amazon June 1st.

5 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Same thing as wish list - 0 sources. Unreal info. We have a topic for wish lists and speculation, and here we only talk about rumors and confirmed info.

So the Cloud City UCS doesn’t qualify as even a rumour then, despite the massive hints dropped by TLG and from some posters? Tough crowd...

12 hours ago, Robianco said:

Nope, I bought the blue resistance X-Wing, last year, so I am satisfied, with that one since I like the design better. My young Luke is Blue-5 not Red-5 :grin:.

Edited by Daimar

Funny how people are talking about the Becket leak in the harry potter thread but not here.
Looking at his outfit, I'd guess he from the '75215 {Marauder Gang Showdown}' because his outfit matches the one seen on the beach (shown below) and he'd likely have warmer clothes in the other sets. Also I love Nest's printed cloak/cape.

41335783194_734a73a666_o.jpg

Edited by Agent Kallus

Would love to see lego implement cloth pieces as overcoats, but I suppose things might start getting a bit too complex. It's just that the overcoats seems pretty drowned out and unimpressive on both Beckett minifigs even though at least with the above costume they're kind of the stand out "statement" piece of the actual outfit in the movie.