MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

10 hours ago, Lobot said:

Considering the total fiasco of the Falcon's launch (where the limit was 3 in the UK) it's understandable - LEGO don't won't any more bad press/feeling about this sort of thing, so they're ensuring that anyone who'd like to order it isn't left disappointed.  Give it a couple of weeks and it will be relaxed to 3-5, so you should be able to buy another if you want to do so.

Yeah but that's totally stupid of them because there is not going to be a mad rush for a less-than-2000 piece May 4th UCS Y-Wing that is not really very special at all. The damn Slave 1 and Sand Crawler are way more interesting and they didn't sell out in 1 day, not even in 1 year! Who the hell is running Lego??

53 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

Yeah but that's totally stupid of them because there is not going to be a mad rush for a less-than-2000 piece May 4th UCS Y-Wing that is not really very special at all. The damn Slave 1 and Sand Crawler are way more interesting and they didn't sell out in 1 day, not even in 1 year! Who the hell is running Lego??

Well, #1, how many of these sets do you really need? #2, the policy is there to ensure there is enough stock for everyone to get a set at the initial launch, and to discourage scalpers, which was part of the problem with the Falcon release (aside from there not being enough stock on hand to meet demand), and #3, in a matter of weeks/months the limit will be lifted to 2 or 3 or 5, at which point, if you really want multiples, you can get them. Or just order one online and pick up a second at your local LEGO store.

6 hours ago, Alexastor said:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/spoilers/LEGO_New_Star_Wars_Playsets_Coming_180348.asp

But there is conflicting info that 75203 is a retailer exclusive Hoth set (info I think from the Walmart shop listing). So the SOLO trench set could be true, but it isn't necessarily 75203, especially as the guy who leaked the V torrent also got the set numbers wrong the first time.

If it is from the same guy that leaked info that 75215 is Resistance Transport, 75216 is Throne Room and 75217 is V-19, the info is probably real, but the set number is fake.

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Any UK based people come across the DJ polybag in Tesco yet? 

Couldn't find one in the North at all but some southern folk seem to find them

6 hours ago, G59 said:

based on the price reduction on the UCS Snowspeeder 75144, can we assume that it will be soon discontinued ?

Price is reducted for 99% because May The 4th.

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Found them in my local Tesco in the Midlands but had to hunt for them as they weren’t in the aisle with the rest of the Lego stock. They were in a Display area on their own with the Solo sets. Read on FB that other stores had a similar set up so worth just asking or have a wander around the whole store if you get blanks stares from the assistant 

3 hours ago, Malthus101 said:

Not to mention, we have no idea how their production capability is running at. Still producing the UCS MF would be eating up a lot, as well as a lot of other large sets, perhaps they're limiting it to reduce the chance of people buying faster than their production can handle?

I can think of only one good reason for someone needing to buy multiple copies of a newly released UCS set, so I am all for only being able to buy 1, when they are first released. 

On 06/05/2018 at 2:34 PM, Alexastor said:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/spoilers/LEGO_New_Star_Wars_Playsets_Coming_180348.asp

But there is conflicting info that 75203 is a retailer exclusive Hoth set (info I think from the Walmart shop listing). So the SOLO trench set could be true, but it isn't necessarily 75203, especially as the guy who leaked the V torrent also got the set numbers wrong the first time.

I thought the solo set with this pricing was the speeders with Enfys Nest

20 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Couldn't find one in the North at all but some southern folk seem to find them

Yeah Tesco all together does not seem to be as big of a thing here in the North it doesn’t suprise me at all That you can’t find one.

1 minute ago, LegoLord54 said:

Different set. 

31 minutes ago, LegoLord54 said:

75203    Confidential Walmart Hoth scene

75213    Advent Calendar

75214    Anakin's Starfighter

75215    Confidential Nemesis Gang Chariot [Enfys Nest's Gang Swoop Bikes]

75216    Confidential Playset Ep 8 [Snoke's Throne Room]

75217    Confidential Chimera [Conveyex]

75218    X-Wing Starfighter

75219    Confidential Gorgon [Imperial Hauler]

75220    Sandcrawler

75221    Confidential MDP 4 [Imperial TIE Interceptor]

info in the brackets is my personal opinion.

i put usd pricing and piece counts for most of these in the main news thread. 75221 is $89.99 usd.

23 hours ago, Seaber said:

Found in Tesco Extra in Galashiels (Scottish Borders) this afternoon. Regular Tesco outside Edinburgh didn't have it from what I can see.

They weren't in the regular Lego section, they were at the end of the aisle in their own cardboard stand, along with some other Solo movie sets. Its £4 to buy itself or free with any other Lego Star Wars purchase (No you can't buy one and get one free. :p)

42 minutes ago, Tidy said:

75213    Advent Calendar

75220    Sandcrawler

i put usd pricing and piece counts for most of these in the main news thread. 75221 is $89.99 usd.

Seems a little steep if it is indeed a TIE Interceptor. I'd assume from the price that it will contain some relatively valuable figures. 

Would be ridiculous if it was just a TIE Interceptor, given all TIEs in the past have been 70-80 bucks.

• FO TIE: 517, 70$
  • TIE Striker: 543 pieces, 70$
  • Kylo Ren's TIE: 630 pieces, 80$
  • TIE Fighter (SOLO): 530, 70$

The piece count of an OT Interceptor would be between Kylo's TIE and a regular TIE, if not less.

So I'm suspecting the Interceptor either comes with a lot more minifigs or a sidebuild, or it is in fact not an Interceptor.

However, the Heavy TIE from Solo could fit the 90$ price tag due to the extra bulk and 2nd pod.

Edited by Alexastor

8 minutes ago, Alexastor said:

So I'm suspecting the Interceptor either comes with a lot more minifigs or a sidebuild, or it is in fact not an Interceptor.

However, the Heavy TIE from Solo could fit the 90$ price tag due to the extra bulk and 2nd pod.

i shoulda clarified, i'm not 100% sold on it being an interceptor [that was just the only 'rumour' i have heard] ... while i would welcome an interceptor [i could the 'unbuild' my own interceptor designs], i like most of y'all, can't rationalize the $90 ... we will know VERY soon regardless ...

22 minutes ago, Alexastor said:

Would be ridiculous if it was just a TIE Interceptor, given all TIEs in the past have been 70 bucks.

• TIE Striker: 543 pieces, 70$
  • Kylo Ren's TIE: 630 pieces, 70$
  • TIE Fighter (SOLO): 530, 70$

The piece count of an OT Interceptor would be between Kylo's TIE and a regular TIE, if not less.

Kylo Ren's TIE has a MSRP of 80$.

I wish people would speculate in the thread to that effect too :cry_sad:

Sorry, oversight. OT Tie would still be less pieces, and therefore either have a side build or extra figs to make up for the price difference.

On 06/05/2018 at 7:07 PM, Seaber said:

A couple of weeks back.
I did manage to get them to honour the terms of the promo by buying one as a Star Wars item & getting a second one free

43 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i shoulda clarified, i'm not 100% sold on it being an interceptor [that was just the only 'rumour' i have heard] ... while i would welcome an interceptor [i could the 'unbuild' my own interceptor designs], i like most of y'all, can't rationalize the $90 ... we will know VERY soon regardless ...

Site that confirmed Newt and Albus brickheaz and 75955 Knight Bus set confirmed that info.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Site that confirmed Newt and Albus brickheaz and 75955 Knight Bus set confirmed that info.

that is all greek to me ...

5 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Greek?

What do you mean?

It means it makes no sense to them, I'm guessing they aren't a Wizarding World fan :D

On 5/7/2018 at 11:22 AM, Tidy said:

75213    Advent Calendar

75220    Sandcrawler

Nice work; I haven't really picked up anything via Brickseek that isn't already on my list, but it's fantastic to see that it's working for ya. :) I'm 99% sure that 75221 is exclusive to Walmart in the states - it could be Target, but the info that I've picked up seems to suggest otherwise. Every single 2HY MDP kit is noted in Target's system as well; I have zero clue as to why.

9 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Greek?

What do you mean?

He means that it doesn't make coherent sense; it's an expression. As in, it's unintelligible, because that's not a normal sentence that anyone would implicitly understand at face value. That's not your fault; there's just not enough context.

@Tidy BrickFanatics.co.uk has claimed that 75221 is the rumored TIE; in tandem, they've made a couple of further assertions regarding upcoming Brickheadz in a freakishly accurate manner (41621 Newt Scamander and Dumbledore), as well as system-scale HP sets (75955 Knight Bus). For those who were unaware, 75955 & 75956 are a pair of extraneous retailer exclusive HP/FB kits that we haven't been able to nail down as of yet. I've been aware of the ID of 41621 for a bit, so I can independently confirm that they were correct about the Brickheadz. As it is, in lieu of any hard-and-fast info from the usual folks, you can make (or find :P) your own conclusions on what we can be expecting for the summer. It's your call, also, but I thought that I'd mention that a number of folks have all but confirmed 75216 as the throne room, so that one might be set in stone. Link to their article.

I'm typing up a couple of revisions to my "list" over in the news thread, but it's still a little murky. Curious to see an Interceptor if another is on it's way. :)

Edited by Azani

10 minutes ago, Azani said:

I'm 99% sure that 75221 is exclusive to Walmart in the states - it could be Target, but the info that I've picked up seems to suggest otherwise.

i think it’s gonna be non exclusive ... it was going to be the mid year big TRU exclusive (think jedi starfighter and hyperdrive ring from last year) but lego pulled it and it’s going to be an open release now. but we will know for sure in less than a month. 

17 minutes ago, Seaber said:

It means it makes no sense to them, I'm guessing they aren't a Wizarding World fan :D

bingo. i abhor harry potter. but i was at an age where i didn’t read children’s books when it first came out. so i never developed a connection to it.