MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

12 hours ago, kiwiatlarge said:

Talking to one retailer here, it sounds like the Y-Wing won't get here until August...  Still, I'm not sure I want to penny up $80 to get it from Lego in the next few weeks..

Where is "here"?

New Y-Wing looks great!! I can't afford it, but I bought the 2017 smaller one. I agree with Jang - only thing with the big one is, from a distance, it doesn't look like it's that much better than the smaller one.

Just read on a fb group that the 75222 box dimensions should be 59.8 cm. x 49.9 cm. x 26.5 cm - (LxWxH). Is there a way we can confirm this?

On 3.5.2018 at 11:43 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There is a leaked info about 75222 Cloud City set over on Instagram. Actually about it's box size.

Dimensions: 59.8 cm x 49.9 cm x 26.5 cm.

For comparison - 75192 Millennium Falcon: 83.8 cm x 55.9 cm x 20.3 cm.

It isn't sure or confirmed info.

3 hours ago, madroskylo77 said:

Just read on a fb group that the 75222 box dimensions should be 59.8 cm. x 49.9 cm. x 26.5 cm - (LxWxH). Is there a way we can confirm this?

Sounds like beeing true.

On 3.5.2018 at 11:43 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

75192 Millennium Falcon: 83.8 cm x 55.9 cm x 20.3 cm

I think, that isn´t the size of the box but of the model.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Sounds like beeing true.

Sorry about the repeat info, I guess I must have missed it cause of the y-wing release excitement. Well I would assume that any possible cloud city set (as it has been described so far) would be a lot taller than 20.3 cm. Maybe we could approximate how many pieces could fit in 59.8 cm. x 49.9 cm. x 26.5 cm (excluding space for smaller boxes and manual) :sweet:

Do we have any updates on the TIE Interceptor rumor (rumored to be 75221)? It was rumored to release in June, so you'd think we would have seen something by now. It seems we have more rumors than available set numbers. IIRC, the current rumors for unknown Star Wars sets are the TIE Interceptor, a V-19 Starfighter, a Resistance Transport, a Solo playset (including a Mudtrooper), and a Hoth playset (rumored to be 75203), while the only other rumored set numbers for this year are 75221, 75203, and 75222 (which is the D2C)

Also, is it possible that we could get a set or sets based on Star Wars Resistance in a December or January wave or will Lego be hesitant after the poor sales of Star Wars Rebels sets?  I know it's probably too soon to ask, but I figured I would anyway

Edited by Commodore Thrawn

2 minutes ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Do we have any updates on the TIE Interceptor rumor (rumored to be 75221)? It was rumored to release in June, so you'd think we would have seen something by now. It seems we have more rumors than available set numbers. IIRC, the current rumors for unknown Star Wars sets are the TIE Interceptor, a V-19 Starfighter, a Resistance Transport, a Solo playset (including a Mudtrooper), and a Hoth playset (rumored to be 75203), while the only other rumored set numbers for this year are 75221, 75203, and 75222 (which is the D2C).

Is it possible that some of these sets will be due in the winter wave rather than the summer wave? I seem to recall Sir Von Lego confirmed the Resistance Transport and V-19 Torrent would be going ahead, but did not specify when exactly they would be released. The TIE Interceptor rumour for 75221 has been claimed by some news sources to be reputed by more than one source, and slated for a June 1st release, whereas the debate of whether or not 75203 will be the Solo or Hoth playset (although both rumours seem to have nailed 75203 down to be a playset of some description) appears to be clouded in a bit more mystery. Regardless, it'll be interesting to see what we get and when. 

My May the 4th orders all arrived today. If anyone has seen my posts, I am biased, but I typically like the posters. Having said that, I think the scale of the Y-wing poster is really nice. It’s not very big at all (8.5”x11”) and fits really well next to the UCS model...

3 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Sounds like beeing true.

You're right. I didn't check and just shared what everybody wrote on Instagram.

The real MF box size is 54cm x 45cm x 39cm.

Maybe I mistook the info I had seen previously (seems like it was quite a while ago) but is it just rumored or is it confirmed that there will still be an additional 3 Solo sets that are known?

The fact that the Mudtrooper, Rangetrooper, and Enfys Nest aren't in any set currently would make me believe they wouldn't leave these guys out of sets while the Solo hype is still high. 

All the other rumors I'm all up for besides the Resistance Transport. (My guess being the escape transports in episode 8?)

According to rumors, we are getting following sets:

1. 2 Speeder bikes
  2. Conveyex train
  3. Imperial hauler

Enfys Nest will most likely be in the speeder set, and if we get the Rangetrooper, it will be in the Hauler or Conveyex train.

There have been rumors about another set including Chewie, a Mudtrooper and an officer.

Why is the Y-Wing limited to 1 set only per household in the UK? It's not like it's the falcon or anything...?

Other UCS hang around for years... so why limit the Y-Wing to just 1 set?

Weird.

12 minutes ago, Malthus101 said:

Why is the Y-Wing limited to 1 set only per household in the UK? It's not like it's the falcon or anything...?

Considering the total fiasco of the Falcon's launch (where the limit was 3 in the UK) it's understandable - LEGO don't won't any more bad press/feeling about this sort of thing, so they're ensuring that anyone who'd like to order it isn't left disappointed.  Give it a couple of weeks and it will be relaxed to 3-5, so you should be able to buy another if you want to do so.

4 hours ago, Alexastor said:

According to rumors, we are getting following sets:

1. 2 Speeder bikes
  2. Conveyex train
  3. Imperial hauler

Enfys Nest will most likely be in the speeder set, and if we get the Rangetrooper, it will be in the Hauler or Conveyex train.

There have been rumors about another set including Chewie, a Mudtrooper and an officer.

This is the first time I'm hearing about this alleged fourth Solo set... Has it been mentioned in this thread before? The officer and Chewie could easily be included in one of the other three sets (the latter hopefully with goggles) but the Mudtrooper wouldn't make much sense in either of them... so here's hoping for that rumor to be true :thumbup:

35 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

This is the first time I'm hearing about this alleged fourth Solo set... Has it been mentioned in this thread before? The officer and Chewie could easily be included in one of the other three sets (the latter hopefully with goggles) but the Mudtrooper wouldn't make much sense in either of them... so here's hoping for that rumor to be true :thumbup:

I remember Sir Von Lego said something about the Arrestor Cruiser being a set. But I want to try and find the post on that because I don’t remember exactly what he said.

EDIT: My Mistake, he meant the Imperial Hauler, pictures of both ships just happen to be on the same website.

Edited by Tariq j

Hello, first post here! 

I'd like to ask: does anyone have an idea or prediction when approximately might some official images appear for the summer wave?

27 minutes ago, Archangelo said:

Hello, first post here! 

I'd like to ask: does anyone have an idea or prediction when approximately might some official images appear for the summer wave?

From now up to 2 months, it depends from wave to wave from leaker to leaker, we have seen clear pictures 3 months before official releases before

based on the price reduction on the UCS Snowspeeder 75144, can we assume that it will be soon discontinued ?

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/spoilers/LEGO_New_Star_Wars_Playsets_Coming_180348.asp

But there is conflicting info that 75203 is a retailer exclusive Hoth set (info I think from the Walmart shop listing). So the SOLO trench set could be true, but it isn't necessarily 75203, especially as the guy who leaked the V torrent also got the set numbers wrong the first time.

1 hour ago, G59 said:

based on the price reduction on the UCS Snowspeeder 75144, can we assume that it will be soon discontinued ?

I hope not, because I think it's a beautiful set, and I think people should have more time to be able to get a copy if they so choose; the LEGO market is so saturated right now...
That being said, I have no idea whether it will soon be discontinued.  In the United States, at least, there was no sale on that set for May the Fourth.

I built Yoda's Hut today. Really cool set. It's clear the same designer built that as the one who built Luke's stone hut. I will say, again, this set really doesn't look a lot for £26 that I paid though.