MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

11 minutes ago, kiwiatlarge said:

Yep, it's now been live in New Zealand on the online Lego shop... BUT, as it is under $400 NZ ($349), it will cost $80 to ship it... lol..

What a joke. That's why even with VIP points, and freebie minifigs thrown in, I'll likely never used the Lego store again. Unless there is another UCS Star Destroyer or something, I can't justify a long shipping wait (the first batch of Falcons took a really long time to ship to Australia and New Zealand, even for the VIP pre-orders) and high shipping costs just to buy direct from Lego

I'll go down and buy it from Toyworld or somewhere. Failing that Mighty Ape ship for free... I don't expect free shipping, but I've had bigger heavier boxes delivered from Popcultcha in Australia, or Hot Toys in Hong Kong than your typical UCS Lego fighter for much less...

Feel your pain. I only do enough s@h to get free shipping.

With May 4th being tomorrow, is there any confirmation on what sets will be discounted? I was really hoping the new Solo sets would be but maybe they are too new. 

Im not terribly thrilled about this years May 4th surprise so hopefully the sale makes up for it. 

3 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

With May 4th being tomorrow, is there any confirmation on what sets will be discounted? I was really hoping the new Solo sets would be but maybe they are too new. 

Im not terribly thrilled about this years May 4th surprise so hopefully the sale makes up for it. 

Yes there is, mostly TLJ sets from the fall and the Snow speeder UCS. Nothing good I would say, the worst year in many years in terms of promo and sets on discount, if you don't have a black VIP card, then you get a R2D2 in white gold, which is not too at all

2 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes there is, mostly TLJ sets from the fall and the Snow speeder UCS. Nothing good I would say, the worst year in many years in terms of promo and sets on discount, if you don't have a black VIP card, then you get a R2D2 in white gold, which is not too at all

Everyone has a chance to win the white gold r2d2, black VIP cardholders get an automatic entry.

Edited by madroskylo77

1 minute ago, madroskylo77 said:

Everyone has a chance to win the white gold r2d2

Win? I thought it was connected to a black VIP card purchase. Then what's the deal to win the R2D2?

Just now, madroskylo77 said:

Everyone has a chance to win the white gold r2d2, black VIP cardholders get an automatic entry.

I haven’t seen this anywhere. Is there a purchase amount required? I’ve googled and searched the LEGO site and found nothing on this. I’m also not a holder of the Black Card currently. 

2 minutes ago, CodeNameGoldMember said:

I haven’t seen this anywhere. Is there a purchase amount required? I’ve googled and searched the LEGO site and found nothing on this. I’m also not a holder of the Black Card currently. 

It was in my latest Black VIP offer email. It included the code to get the y-wing blue print poster and an automatic entry to win the R2D2.

I looked at the email again and I believe it's only for Black VIP cardholders after all.

Edited by madroskylo77

Just now, madroskylo77 said:

It was in my latest Black VIP offer email. It included the code to get the y-wing blue print poster and an automatic entry to win the R2D2

Well if it's a lottery, then I guess the Black VIP offer was not as good as I thought, then it's kinda of meh again

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Well if it's a lottery, then I guess the Black VIP offer was not as good as I thought, then it's kinda of meh again

If LEGO can't be bothered to offer decent sales, I doubt they would just hand out 18k white gold minifigures to every black VIP cardholder :grin:

9 minutes ago, madroskylo77 said:

If LEGO can't be bothered to offer decent sales, I doubt they would just hand out 18k white gold minifigures to every black VIP cardholder :grin:

Point taken. But didn't really analyst it. Just read about it, and understood it that way. Didn't think it was too impossible since I thought that the black VIP holders are not too many. Is there any information on how many people that bought the Falcon before new years?

11 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Didn't think it was too impossible since I thought that the black VIP holders are not too many.

Oh how I wish that was true. But all in all, the black VIP promotions have been lackluster so far :sceptic:. I am not sure how many people managed to buy the falcon before the year's end but I sense it was well over 10,000.

Edited by madroskylo77

13 minutes ago, madroskylo77 said:

Oh how I wish that was true. But all in all, the black VIP promotions have been lackluster so far :sceptic:. I am not sure how many people managed to buy the falcon before the year's end but I sense it was well over 10,000.

Well, sine you can buy it now from TRU for "only" 600 €, this black VIP card deal just starts to feel worse and worse

2 hours ago, madroskylo77 said:

It was in my latest Black VIP offer email. It included the code to get the y-wing blue print poster and an automatic entry to win the R2D2.

I looked at the email again and I believe it's only for Black VIP cardholders after all.

The entry into the draw to win the 14k white gold R2-D2 was for Black VIP card holders but it did not mention it anywhere in the email I received with the code for the Y-wing blueprint. Apparently entry is automatic. But I don’t know whether that means all black VIP card holders are in the draw or only those who purchase above x threshold at the LEGO store during the May the fourth promotional period. Probably the later. For one lucky person though the black VIP card will actually be worth something, and by something I mean a lot! 

How fast do you y'all expect the y wing to sell out? I'm making my purchase at midnight easter standard time, and I'm wondering how many others are doing the same thing.

All black ViP card holders are automatically entered. No purchase necessary.

Just made my y wing purchase. At first, it showed me getting a darth vader pod, then when I went to check out it showed the bb8 polybag. I saw a guy on reddit get both. Lucky it went through though.

When I added the Y-Wing to the basket at 23:59 it showed the Vader Pod then when it ticked over to 00:00 it changed to BB-8.

4 minutes ago, Andyperkins said:

When I added the Y-Wing to the basket at 23:59 it showed the Vader Pod then when it ticked over to 00:00 it changed to BB-8.

Same story for me, at 23:45 it allowed me to preorder the y-wing and showed the vader pod. I waited until after midnight though and got just the BB8.

I've just got back from the Lego store and the Y-Wing looked like a beautiful model... but actually too big for my liking.

The scale is quite strange with it having the R2 unit and the pilot sit in the cockpit. They're really dwarfed by the whole size of it. It's getting close to the length of the UCS Falcon.

As I'm now trying to focus on things being minifig scale I'm probably going to pass on it and see about MOD/MOCing a minifig scale one eventually, based on the Rogue One version but larger.

Edited by Robianco

24 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

For everyone interested, we have a contest running for May the 4th.

Thanks MKJoshA. That looks like it could be really interesting. I played the first couple of Dark Forces games and remember just how much of a nostalgia hit that was. Now to try and find some reference as it was so long ago!

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Thanks MKJoshA. That looks like it could be really interesting. I played the first couple of Dark Forces games and remember just how much of a nostalgia hit that was. Now to try and find some reference as it was so long ago!

Kyle Katarn punching to death 2 Kell Dragons in Jabba's spaceship arena probably was the most badass thing that the human species every came up with. 

23 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Feel your pain. I only do enough s@h to get free shipping.

Talking to one retailer here, it sounds like the Y-Wing won't get here until August...  Still, I'm not sure I want to penny up $80 to get it from Lego in the next few weeks..

23 hours ago, Davenocheese said:

Same story for me, at 23:45 it allowed me to preorder the y-wing and showed the vader pod. I waited until after midnight though and got just the BB8.

I went to the Lego store here in Ontario to pick up the Y-wing and I guess they had leftover pods.  Got both the Vader Pod and the BB8.