MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Can anybody confirm if 75222 will be a direct replacement for and see the retirement of 75159? 

8 minutes ago, Renown said:

Apologies if this is in the wrong place. Can anybody confirm if 75222 will be a direct replacement for and see the retirement of 75159? 

I doubt that. The Death Star is still in production and would likely still be available for 6-12 months after it ends production. So I would expect the two sets to overlap for a year or more. 

I find it hilarious that the 'inside' people who see leaked images of these sets are always the kind of non-SW collectors who 'I don't remember' and who 'I'm not sure'. It's never one of those fanatics you get in here who would see a picture for five seconds and be able to write a 5000 word essay about it.

A bit like the Virgin Mary materialising in front of illiterate peasants from Portugal, and not, say, the Nobel Prize jury board. Mmmm. 

Even a brief glance should be able to glean if there are cloud cars or not. They have an unmistakable design and bright orange color so they should pop against the grey/white base. I just don't see the logic of having a cloud city and not having cloud cars (but still including a Slave 1??)

Edited by darththeling

2 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

I find it hilarious that the 'inside' people who see leaked images of these sets are always the kind of non-SW collectors who 'I don't remember' and who 'I'm not sure'. It's never one of those fanatics you get in here who would see a picture for five seconds and be able to write a 5000 word essay about it.

A bit like the Virgin Mary materialising in front of illiterate peasants from Portugal, and not, say, the Nobel Prize jury board. Mmmm. 

...and how every ‘leak’ is low res despite half the world having a 4K capable phone on them 24/7.

All these ‘leaks’ are deliberate efforts by lego to gauge interest and help set the price, without putting enough out there to allow Lepin to release the set first.

4 hours ago, Bolingbroke said:

Because there are more non-SW collectors than SW collectors, and they won't know the fine details that we would expect them too.

Likewise, there were more illiterate Portuguese peasants than Nobel jury members so statistically the appearance of a phantsm will allways occur before the majority - educated or not. Though I do find this example a bit xenophobic. Perhaps we can say peasants from Durkadurkastan instead?

1 hour ago, DrasticPlastic said:

...and how every ‘leak’ is low res despite half the world having a 4K capable phone on them 24/7.

All these ‘leaks’ are deliberate efforts by lego to gauge interest and help set the price, without putting enough out there to allow Lepin to release the set first.

On the first point, that is an exageration.

On the second point, I have often thought the same. It wouldn't be the first time a company has used moles to plant mis/information to generate hype and conduct subtle market research.

*sigh* I try to tell people what I remember, and some ungrateful b*****ds have a go at me for it. There's gratitude for you.

Look, I like Star Wars, I've seen the films. But I'm not someone who can tell you exactly what happened in each scene on Cloud City, or who was in each scene, or be able to recite the dialogue word for word etc etc, like most of you probably can. I can't even remember the last time I saw Empire Strikes Back, but it probably wasn't in the last year. So I can't look at a set and say 'ooh, that's that scene, and this is that scene, and they've included X, Y and Z minifigures, etc etc. I recognised Slave 1 because it's very recognisable, but I honestly couldn't tell you what a Cloud Car looks like. Hell, I've just googled it and I can't even remember it being in the sodding film, let alone whether it was in the set.

Perhaps you'd all just prefer me to say nothing next time? And when I come across you all still speculating whether it even exists, maybe I should just let you keep speculating.

To be honest the cloud cars are not that memorable, and they are only shown in a few brief scenes. In a potential UCS style cloud city I would prefer they focus on a large structure that has a nice interior as well as a nice exterior instead of small vehicles they might as well release as separate small sets. If Lego wants to include too many things in one set the compromise in piece count/price and looks suffers too much.

7 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

Perhaps you'd all just prefer me to say nothing next time? And when I come across you all still speculating whether it even exists, maybe I should just let you keep speculating

Please don't tarnish us all with the same brush; I for one (and I assume the majority of others) are extremely grateful for whatever information you have / will give us. And that goes for all who offer up true information. As with most aspects of life, there will always be two sides.

And I understand totally what you mean about remembering the films; my mum would say she likes SW, she introduced me to them as a kid and has seen every movie, but when rewatching Rogue One the other day that didn't stop her from asking if the Death Star gets blown up. I mean come on ... it's pretty basic! But when lots of other things are going on in life, the (even not so finer) details of SW can become hazy to most. Even I saw things I hadn't seen on the first watch..

1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

*sigh* I try to tell people what I remember, and some ungrateful b*****ds have a go at me for it. There's gratitude for you.

Look, I like Star Wars, I've seen the films. But I'm not someone who can tell you exactly what happened in each scene on Cloud City, or who was in each scene, or be able to recite the dialogue word for word etc etc, like most of you probably can. I can't even remember the last time I saw Empire Strikes Back, but it probably wasn't in the last year. So I can't look at a set and say 'ooh, that's that scene, and this is that scene, and they've included X, Y and Z minifigures, etc etc. I recognised Slave 1 because it's very recognisable, but I honestly couldn't tell you what a Cloud Car looks like. Hell, I've just googled it and I can't even remember it being in the sodding film, let alone whether it was in the set.

Perhaps you'd all just prefer me to say nothing next time? And when I come across you all still speculating whether it even exists, maybe I should just let you keep speculating.

Hey sorry about my skepticism, it was purely because it was the first time I’d seen a description and I hadn’t seen it elsewhere where I lurk for leaks is all. I was just checking. I meant no disrespect and I appreciate you sharing with us.

1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

Yes?

all you’ve done is moved the speculating from “is the next set cloud city” to “what details did he miss”, or “I wonder how many dark tan bricks will be in the hallway scene where Lando helps them escape”

for what it’s worth, I’m not an ungrateful SW fan, I just don’t care if the info is leaked early or not. The speculation here never ends, it just takes new forms.

Good lord this place has become a dumpster fire.

Well done on making those with actual info feel unwelcome.

But by all means, please continue on your path to irrelevance.

I don't envy the designer tasked with making a UCS Cloud City set.  Despite all the amazing creations we see around here, I can't recall (correct me if I'm wrong) seeing a single Cloud City MOC worthy of a UCS label.  At least with the Death Star, you could make a spherical frame, toss a crater on it, all people instantly recognize it.  This seems much harder to strike a balance between exterior appearance and interior details. 

6 hours ago, Schneeds said:

I don't envy the designer tasked with making a UCS Cloud City set.  Despite all the amazing creations we see around here, I can't recall (correct me if I'm wrong) seeing a single Cloud City MOC worthy of a UCS label.  At least with the Death Star, you could make a spherical frame, toss a crater on it, all people instantly recognize it.  This seems much harder to strike a balance between exterior appearance and interior details. 

Factor in that a good MOC doesn't normally have the restrictions a retail set would have. You can make it as complicated as you like with any amount of build technique but a retail set needs to be able to be built and rebuilt by a much younger age group.

11 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

What's a b*****ds?

People will always fling crap at one another here. If you've got reliable info, stick obvious find and say what you want to whoever and just ignore the rest. People can be real keyboard warriors but that's all they are.

Plenty of people have complete power trips over such tiny positions due to entitlement, don't let them crawl under your skin.

16 minutes ago, Richpepperell said:

Sorry to derail the endless discussion of cloud city, but I've just seen this article that mentions a TIE Interceptor coming this summer. Anyone have any more info on this as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. https://www.brickfanatics.com/toys-r-us-exclusive-lego-sets-coming-to-mass-uk-retail/

That article states it has a 1st June release date too. That's not too far away. Summer wave listings in the sister thread to this have the set numbers ending 75220 and the Interceptor is listed as 75221 in that article.

Edited by Robianco

19 minutes ago, Robianco said:

That article states it has a 1st June release date too. That's not too far away. Summer wave listings in the sister thread to this have the set numbers ending 75220 and the Interceptor is listed as 75221 in that article.

I hope a system scale OT interceptor is true that way all I would want is a TIE bomber

2 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Sorry to derail the endless discussion of cloud city, but I've just seen this article that mentions a TIE Interceptor coming this summer. Anyone have any more info on this as I haven't seen it mentioned anywhere else. https://www.brickfanatics.com/toys-r-us-exclusive-lego-sets-coming-to-mass-uk-retail/

I'm not sure if I believe this, as those with a little info believe this to be a Solo/LJ set which of course a Tie Interceptor could well be, but the only link I can find of 75221 being a Tie Interceptor is an article on Brickset a couple of years ago where they made up potential sets and attributed the number 75221 to a Tie Interceptor set they would like to see: https://brickset.com/article/23218/what-s-missing-return-of-the-jedi

So either CapnRex101 from Brickset is psychic or the article has got it wrong. Of course, I would like nothing more than CapnRex101 to be psychic!

Edited by BacktoBricks

20 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

Likewise, there were more illiterate Portuguese peasants than Nobel jury members so statistically the appearance of a phantsm will allways occur before the majority - educated or not. Though I do find this example a bit xenophobic. Perhaps we can say peasants from Durkadurkastan instead?

OT but I believe this to be a reference to the 'Miracle of the Sun' or 'Miracle of Fatima' as it is otherwise known.
There were a large number of illiterate Portuguese peasants present....and a fair few literate ones

And there are those that would consider 'Durkadurkastan' a bit off, simply because it's a 'stan'

31 minutes ago, Toc13 said:

OT but I believe this to be a reference to the 'Miracle of the Sun' or 'Miracle of Fatima' as it is otherwise known.
There were a large number of illiterate Portuguese peasants present....and a fair few literate ones

And there are those that would consider 'Durkadurkastan' a bit off, simply because it's a 'stan'

Yes, thanks. Of course it was a reference to Fatima, but you can't say anything on the internet nowadays without people calling you names.

As for the leaker getting his knickers in a twist and calling me 'bastard' ... I was only joking, my God. I was being facetious.  I wasn't even talking about you in particular, I just found it hilarious. My God, how touchy.

A post on the lego subreddit claims that Black VIP Card holders will receive a poster depicting the blueprints of the Y-wing.

You can look for the post by filtering by "new". Not sure if it's real or what but it's something to check out.

some guy on r***** managed to take a picture of the new UCS Y-Wing mounted...it looks amazing.