MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

7 hours ago, darththeling said:

Some of us have been waiting for Cloud City since we stupidly passed it up for $100 in 2003. (sobs) Many of us haveĀ been coming to this forum for many years now, hoping for something big in the way of a tibanna gas platform complete with luxury accommodation and amenities.

Aside from Lando, Luke and Leia's torsos, and perhaps the Boba Fett with extra printing, the 2003 Cloud City wasn't a great set IMO. It was Legos first big location set and I don't think they really did themselves justice.

In terms of OT locations, I'd say Cloud City was on a par with Hoth and Endor, so maybe an Ewok Village/Assault on Hoth sized set more than a UCS Death Star is what we can expect. Or maybe that's wishful thinking as I have Hogwarts on my list already :D

2 hours ago, Seaber said:

Aside from Lando, Luke and Leia's torsos, and perhaps the Boba Fett with extra printing, the 2003 Cloud City wasn't a great set IMO.

Speaking of Boba Fetts with extra printing, do we know yet where that leaked Boba minifigure is from?

It's definitely Cloud City, and it's definitely a playset along the lines of the Death Star. It's not like Assault on Hoth.

In fact, chop the bottom off the Death Star, then add a few platforms and a ship or two (hello, 28-30 stud long Slave 1), and you're pretty much there.

19 minutes ago, Paperballpark said:

It's definitely Cloud City, and it's definitely a playset along the lines of the Death Star. It's not like Assault on Hoth.

In fact, chop the bottom off the Death Star, then add a few platforms and a ship or two (hello, 28-30 stud long Slave 1), and you're pretty much there.

Do you have a source or is that just guesswork? Just curious because itā€™s the first description Iā€™ve read.

3 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

Speaking of Boba Fetts with extra printing, do we know yet where that leaked Boba minifigure is from?

No official confimation, but it's heavily assumed it's from Cloud City. TBH, I didn't think it was more impressive than the one from UCS Slave I.

Ā 

30 minutes ago, ginja said:

Do you have a source or is that just guesswork? Just curious because itā€™s the first description Iā€™ve read.

I would assume it's guesswork. The way he said "hello 28-30 stud long slave I" makes it sound like a wish for what he'd want in the set. As far as I've seen, there hasn't been any descriptions floating around whatsoever. We should expect to see leaks of it in July.

Sounds like the UCS Cloud City is legit, and is supposed to include both Slave I and a Twin-Pod Cloud Car.Ā (From a pretty reliable source on another forum, who shall remain safely... anonymous.)

No, not guesswork, I've seen a photo. I can't say how or where, but everything I said is from what I saw.

1 hour ago, Paperballpark said:

No, not guesswork, I've seen a photo. I can't say how or where, but everything I said is from what I saw.

Interesting to see. I'll have to do some digging . . .

5 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Thanks for the infoĀ :thumbup:, If I could ask, is it an open play set like the DS? Or does it have some kind of cover/roof.

If Cloud City is essentially confirmed, what are the odds of a supplementary set at some point (perhaps towards the end of 2018) to accompany it? DoesĀ an individual Cloud Car with some relevant figures sound realistic to enhance the set, or a battle pack with some Bespin personnel?Ā 

Ā 

5 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

@OrangeChiliPeP said that there is somebody on brickset who had said the following:

On 25.4.2018 at 1:59 PM, OrangeChiliPeP said:

via brickpicker.com

Ā 

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross betweenĀ #10188Ā andĀ #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half offĀ #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller thanĀ #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

Ā 

Ā 

2 hours ago, GryffindorResistance said:

Great news! So how big would that make the Slave 1? Similar to the 2010 version? Or much smaller? @Paperballpark

Tell me a set number and I'll check! I'm not too familiar with Star Wars sets I'm afraid! EDIT: If it's #8097 then the one in CC isĀ smaller.

1 hour ago, Tariq j said:

Thanks for the infoĀ :thumbup:, If I could ask, is it an open play set like the DS? Or does it have some kind of cover/roof.

Open like the DS.Ā 

1 hour ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Ā 

@OrangeChiliPeP said that there is somebody on brickset who had said the following:

Saw this over on Brickset. Take it for what it is.

" mm, I'd say a cross betweenĀ #10188Ā andĀ #10123. In fact, lop the bottom half offĀ #10188, add a couple of platforms and a ship or two (can't remember!), and you'll be pretty much there.

I really can't remember much detail other than that, I'm afraid. If I were to guess at part count, I'd say between 2000-3000, but that's a total guess based on what I remember it looking like. "

" ^ That's fine. Oh, also, there's a Slave 1 in it too, probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. Nice-looking model, although obviously smaller thanĀ #8097. I think it uses this part for the front: "

Yeah, that was me a day or two ago. :)

Edited by Paperballpark

As I said on Brickset, it'sĀ probably about 28 - 30 studs long, from what I saw. It's instantly recognisable, and lookedĀ to be a decent representation.

Edited by Paperballpark

Hey, I've been stalking this forum for awhile now withoutĀ an account, but when I saw something that hadn't been talked about, I knew I just had to share it. On instagram, by a user "@lego_world_club_2.0", a leaked image of Bespin Lando was leaked. . . any confirmation on weather or not this is real? At first, I thought it that limited edition phoenix customs variant, but it's not. . .

21 minutes ago, JawaExterminator said:

Hey, I've been stalking this forum for awhile now withoutĀ an account, but when I saw something that hadn't been talked about, I knew I just had to share it. On instagram, by a user "@lego_world_club_2.0", a leaked image of Bespin Lando was leaked. . . any confirmation on weather or not this is real? At first, I thought it that limited edition phoenix customs variant, but it's not. . .

that pic surfaced a while back.

7 hours ago, Paperballpark said:

Open like the DS.

Ugh. WhyĀ canā€™t Lego figure out that people want sets that LOOK like the Death Star or CC from the outside... butĀ still have playability and functionsĀ on the inside. WhenĀ they finally do it (system scale MFs, sandcrawler, Ewok village, etc.) they become instant classics and sell like hot cakes... hopefully it looks okay and not like the backside of a doll house. Was it at leastĀ instantly recognizable as Bespin???

Edited by thorin

Thank you very much for the info, @Paperballpark! :classic:

It's great to hear that CC is finally getting a set in a decent size and hopefully even with enough rooms inside and a decent interior! :thumbup:

That there'll be a Slave 1 included (which seems after the description to be not a micro build, but although only a smaller, nevertheless a System scale version), is a good idea. But if there was a Twin Pod Cloud Car included, (too,) this would even be bettter.

Edited by Klaus-Dieter

1 hour ago, thorin said:

Ugh. WhyĀ canā€™t Lego figure out that people want sets that LOOK like the Death Star or CC from the outside... butĀ still have playability and functionsĀ on the inside. WhenĀ they finally do it (system scale MFs, sandcrawler, Ewok village, etc.) they become instant classics and sell like hot cakes... hopefully it looks okay and not like the backside of a doll house. Was it at leastĀ instantly recognizable as Bespin???

Because itā€™d jack up the cost of the DS even more than the rip off it is now.

@Paperballpark if you have seen any of the HP or FB sets that are coming out this year as well?! If so we sure would like some info over in the Harry Potter 2018 tread :tongue:

Happy for the SW fans that they finally seem to be getting a new CC :thumbup:

It seems like there won't be a generous discount of sets on sale for this May the fourth. Now they have announced the coming weekend on shop.lego that it will only be 20 % discount on certain sets

Seems like the real colleters are left out. No news yet about special promotions regarding the Black-VIP card?Ā 

You'll get 2x VIP-points for every set EXCEPT the new UCS Y-Wing Starfighter:thumbdown:

4 hours ago, Joel1234 said:

Seems like the real colleters are left out. No news yet about special promotions regarding the Black-VIP card?Ā 

You'll get 2x VIP-points for every set EXCEPT the new UCS Y-Wing Starfighter:thumbdown:

They never have a discountĀ on the newly released UCS set in the May promo. It's a brand new set so they don't need to offer a discount for it.