MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

12 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Snowspeeder and X-Wing pilots use the exact same parts in lego (as well as the same costumes in the movies)

Nope, wrong. Look Again.

8 minutes ago, gvh said:

If it's not cloud city, then what else could it be? There is a ton of evidence pointing in that direction, with a lot of it coming from lego itself.

There is speculation that it's any number of things, such as a Star Destroyer or a Rebel Blockade Runner. The impetus for the Cloud City rumor (aside from wishful thinking) is a leaked set list that added "CC" to the set number of the larger 2018 Star Wars UCS set. But this could have been a typo, or a code of some sort, or completely meaningless. And it could also mean things other than "Cloud City", such as "Corellian Corvette" which is a nickname for the Rebel Blockade Runner/Tantive IV (a variant of which happened to be pictured on the final Solo one-sheet poster). 

Personally I would love to see any of these made. But while there are a lot of signs (real or imagined) pointing to Cloud City, the idea of a $500-$600 Cloud City playset is still problematic in many ways... 

9 hours ago, jdubbs said:

No. Far from it.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

There is speculation that it's any number of things, such as a Star Destroyer or a Rebel Blockade Runner. The impetus for the Cloud City rumor (aside from wishful thinking) is a leaked set list that added "CC" to the set number of the larger 2018 Star Wars UCS set. But this could have been a typo, or a code of some sort, or completely meaningless. And it could also mean things other than "Cloud City", such as "Corellian Corvette" which is a nickname for the Rebel Blockade Runner/Tantive IV (a variant of which happened to be pictured on the final Solo one-sheet poster). 

Personally I would love to see any of these made. But while there are a lot of signs (real or imagined) pointing to Cloud City, the idea of a $500-$600 Cloud City playset is still problematic in many ways... 

Actually it's more than jus the "CC" in the set list. It's appeared in official lego press releases where they've specifically hinted at cloud city. With the dual molded arms boba fett leak earlier, most sources point to cloud city. As for the star destroyer, it's generally assumed it's coming in the next few years. I'm certainly not discounting it, as earlier this year there was speculation for a ucs star destroyer coming out this last february. It'd be interesting to see if it actually was intended for a fall release. At this point everything just feels right for a ucs cloud city. My point overall was that the rumors aren't worthless as many have said.

42 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

UCS playsets are a problematic idea fullstop.

Problematic indeed. It's why I've avoided both death stars and why assault on hoth failed. I'd personally like to see cloud city though, for a few reasons. One, there are other sets that are coming out that I'd like to spend my money on, and two, there is a large demand (at least it seems so from brickset, brickfan, and other fan communities) for a cloud city. I'd like to see it made, but I won't be buying it.

Edited by gvh

22 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Thanks for the recap.  I had really lost track of what was confirmed, what was rumour and what was just wish list.:laugh:  Imperial Hauler is not something I am familiar with though, it sounds interesting.  I think we are 99% sure that the UCS is Cloud City as well aren't we? 

https://goo.gl/images/S73CQC

This ship from the trailer.

According to Hot Wheels, Enfys Nest is a female, as Denny's promo material confirmed her as, as well. Further contradicting SW Insider. 

18 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Remembering from the original Cloud City Set, I'm also having my doubts because other than 75060 (which may even be to big) there are not any sets that would seem to be able to land on a Cloud City Platform like in the original set, or interface with the set in some other ways. Also I am thinking Lego would have give us some sort of more obvious clue already about Cloud City if it was the case. But who knows it.

38 minutes ago, Don Neimoidte de la Mancha said:

Remembering from the original Cloud City Set, I'm also having my doubts because other than 75060 (which may even be to big) there are not any sets that would seem to be able to land on a Cloud City Platform like in the original set, or interface with the set in some other ways. Also I am thinking Lego would have give us some sort of more obvious clue already about Cloud City if it was the case. But who knows it.

On the contrary, I think if it would be something else, we would have heard rumors by now, the last few years UCS:s have been rumored at least 6 months ahead and the original rumor have so far proven right. I would be surprised if something else is coming. 

40 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

On the contrary, I think if it would be something else, we would have heard rumors by now, the last few years UCS:s have been rumored at least 6 months ahead and the original rumor have so far proven right. I would be surprised if something else is coming. 

Exactly. Nearly every UCS has been know for about six months in advance, or at least we had rumors that turned out to be true. This has gone back as as far as 2015 at least. We knew about the tie fighter, the snowspeeder, the death star, the falcon, and the y wing.

41 minutes ago, gvh said:

Exactly. Nearly every UCS has been know for about six months in advance, or at least we had rumors that turned out to be true. This has gone back as as far as 2015 at least. We knew about the tie fighter, the snowspeeder, the death star, the falcon, and the y wing.

Don't forget the Slave I. We knew that one was coming for a long time iirc. Set number and everything

4 hours ago, RogueRecon said:

Don't forget the Slave I. We knew that one was coming for a long time iirc. Set number and everything

Yup. Forgot that one. Slave I was special, as I believe it was supposed to be released as the fall 2014 ucs, but it got pushed back to january. We saw the pictures of the box in september 2014, and if I remember, there wasn't a ucs in the fall of 2014. Also, it's not typical to release them in january.

30 minutes ago, gvh said:

Yup. Forgot that one. Slave I was special, as I believe it was supposed to be released as the fall 2014 ucs, but it got pushed back to january. We saw the pictures of the box in september 2014, and if I remember, there wasn't a ucs in the fall of 2014. Also, it's not typical to release them in january.

Yeah, I remember that. You could even tell due to the Disney logo not being on the box. Due to the delays, we knew about the Slave for like, a year or something. It was insane

Don't forget when Lego Ideas revealed a new set in one of their videos they said they couldn't make a set if it was going to clash with something similar on the market, they then proceed to muffle what exactly the gentleman was talking about but I'm sure we could make out it was Cloud City.

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Don't forget when Lego Ideas revealed a new set in one of their videos they said they couldn't make a set if it was going to clash with something similar on the market, they then proceed to muffle what exactly the gentleman was talking about but I'm sure we could make out it was Cloud City.

This is what I was refering to when to I said lego had official press releases that hinted at it. Speculation was the "I am your father" project was the project that interfered with a pre-existing lego model, which would have been cloud city for this year.

9 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I believe the lip movements suggested he said "Bespin City" while it was censored over. Probably an attempt to be a bit obscure and to confuse those who don't know Cloud City is on the planet Bespin. 

2 hours ago, gvh said:

This is what I was refering to when to I said lego had official press releases that hinted at it. Speculation was the "I am your father" project was the project that interfered with a pre-existing lego model, which would have been cloud city for this year.

I think there is no other set possible:

• it can´t be the dinner, because we got one at the beginning of the year
  • that something will come in the direction of Wonders of Peru I think is very unlikely
  • We already have a big rocket / space shuttle on shelves
  • LEGO certainly will not release a launch pad as a single set if then together with a corresponding rocket and we already have them
  • a large version of the Research Aircraft would certainly not be so big as to describe it as "giant" and I don´t know any product row in which this set could appear (except from some 50€ creator set, but that  -as already said- wouldn´t be described as "giant")

So: only "I am your Father", ie Cloud City remains

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

4 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I think there is no other set possible:

• it can´t be the dinner, because we got one at the beginning of the year
  • that something will come in the direction of Wonders of Peru I think is very unlikely
  • We already have a big rocket / space shuttle
  • LEGO certainly will not release a launch pad as a single set if then together with a corresponding rocket and we already have them
  • a large version of the Research Aircraft would certainly not be so big as to describe it as "giant" and I don´t know any product row in which this set could appear (except from some 50€ creator set, but that  -as already said- wouldn´t be described as "giant")

So: only "I am your Father", ie Cloud City remains

I would agree that it's highly unlikely LEGO would independently (outside of Ideas) make most of the other submissions in that Ideas review... except the Space Shuttle. Given the popularity of the Saturn Ideas set (they sold through their initial stock immediately, and it's been in and out of backorder every since) and the popularity of LEGO space vehicles in general (and the Shuttle in particular), I think it's almost a given that a larger, expert-scale Space Shuttle is coming at some point.

12 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

I would agree that it's highly unlikely LEGO would independently (outside of Ideas) make most of the other submissions in that Ideas review... except the Space Shuttle. Given the popularity of the Saturn Ideas set (they sold through their initial stock immediately, and it's been in and out of backorder every since) and the popularity of LEGO space vehicles in general (and the Shuttle in particular), I think it's almost a given that a larger, expert-scale Space Shuttle is coming at some point.

Maybe you´re right.

But, a Cloud City Set is also long overdue.

And if you compare the last Creator Expert Shuttles with the standard D2C-Set in this time he also wouldn´t have described it as such "big".

Then also the list with 75222-CC on it.

=>I realy think a Cloud City is coming this year.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

23 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I am hoping you are right. It would be wonterful

It would be wonderful! Hope for the best, but brace for disappointment if it ends up being a Commander Cody bust or something. Some of us have been waiting for Cloud City since we stupidly passed it up for $100 in 2003. (sobs) Many of us have been coming to this forum for many years now, hoping for something big in the way of a tibanna gas platform complete with luxury accommodation and amenities.

I still think that guy's mouth syncs perfectly with beeped-out "Bespin" in that Lego developer video from a couple of months ago. Remember that cheeky bit of non-marketing? 

And... that place we aren't allowed to link to (where you read things)... in January there was an image of a list of big sets for 2018 including a $500 Hogwarts castle in January. Said image also included a listing for Cloud City. That unlikely Hogwarts kit ended up being true, right? The 2018 Hogwarts is gorgeous, by the way...

Edited by darththeling

12 minutes ago, darththeling said:

It would be wonderful! Hope for the best, but brace for disappointment if it ends up being a Commander Cody bust or something. Some of us have been waiting for Cloud City since we stupidly passed it up for $100 in 2003. (sobs) Many of us have been coming to this forum for many years now, hoping for something big in the way of a tibanna gas platform complete with luxury accommodation and amenities.

I still think that guy's mouth syncs perfectly with beeped-out "Bespin" in that Lego developer video from a couple of months ago. Remember that cheeky bit of non-marketing? 

And... that place we aren't allowed to link to (where you read things)... in January there was an image of a list of big sets for 2018 including a $500 Hogwarts castle in January. Said image also included a listing for Cloud City. That unlikely Hogwarts kit ended up being true, right? The 2018 Hogwarts is gorgeous, by the way...

Why would it be a Cody Bust, they haven't even released his phase 2 version yet. (I know you're joking)

29 minutes ago, darththeling said:

The 2018 Hogwarts is gorgeous, by the way...

The Great Hall that was revealed a while back? Or the big 500$ set? Did I mis anything? :look:

2 hours ago, Terrasher said:

The Great Hall that was revealed a while back? Or the big 500$ set? Did I mis anything? :look:

No, you're right, it's something else that I conflated, sorry. This leaked image list of sets includes: "Licensed Harry Potter H[ogwarts?]" listing supposedly has a # 43 at the end with no price. The $100 Hogwarts hall we now know to be 75954. In the past, they've released Hogwarts in segments, I'm sure this new line will be the same approach.

Image I'm talking about is marked "@lego_loving_dude." If already debunked as BS, I apologize. Just stumbled across this old leak... and wonder if it turned out to be legit. 

***81 - Star Wars UCS-200$

***22-Star Wars-Cloud City-$500

A lot of recent posters seem to remember the bleeped video, too... if TLG doesn't give us a Cloud City then they are doing their best to mess with our minds! 

2 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Why would it be a Cody Bust, they haven't even released his phase 2 version yet. (I know you're joking)

With all those white pieces, you probably could build an impressive Cloud City out of a Cody Commander bust kit! 

Edited by darththeling