MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

46 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Luke, R2-D2, Wedge Antilles and another astromech.

RIP Biggs Darklighter

4 hours ago, Legliss said:

Source that are saying that Enfys is a male is from Star Wars Insider, whereas, Denny's which has official promo material is saying it's a female. So both sources are technically official so to speak. Time will tell as we get closer to the movie release. 

I would trust Star Wars Insider more the Denny's

4 hours ago, Khemical_Khaos said:

What we know:

One of the writers was quoted as saying the Han Solo Movie is,"Bizarre and queer."

Disney is blatantly pushing modern "social justice" and progressive themes in all of their IP's.

I really hope your second point isn’t based off the description, because “queer” in that sense is obviously supposed to mean unusual , especially since it’s coupled with the word “bizarre”

On 4/18/2018 at 2:59 AM, danielwerner said:

Regarding the 75181 UCS Y-Wing... I think it's a huge upgrade from the old UCS set, except one thing. Why does it have the gray/chrome parts locking the "wings" in place (at the front, where the orbs are)? In all pictures of the ship I can find it has the curved white parts which all other Lego sets have, except this one. Now it's suddenly straight chrome parts instead. Or am I missing something here? Can anyone explain? :)

I know what you mean and it is bothering the hell out of me.

ZSWdR3o.jpg

Thank the lord I’m not the only one who’s annoyed at that. Where is the connection between the bars and the dome?

7 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

RIP Biggs Darklighter

Understandable but it's not like Denny's (or any other company that receives official promo material) just makes things up either. I'm sure once a Databank entry comes out for the character, we shall know either way. My bet is on a female given the way their body is shaped though. 

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

Thank the lord I’m not the only one who’s annoyed at that. Where is the connection between the bars and the dome?

Judging by the way they're attached to the support beams, you should be able to turn them down ever so slightly. Don't know if that would make it look better though. This is one aspect I think the 2004 edition did better.

7 minutes ago, TWRAddict said:

Judging by the way they're attached to the support beams, you should be able to turn them down ever so slightly.

Turning them down isn’t the problem, it’s that there’s no block there like in the 2004 model

12 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

What? *huh* Again no Biggs? What does TLG have against making an updated Biggs figure? :cry_sad:

Guess I will not be buying it then, I alread have a ton of Luke's and Wedge's...

Edited by Cyberfounder

There’s only been two wedges. But we had the best one in insult on hoth. It makes no sense. It should be either Biggs or red leader. I’ll get it anyway, but I want a Biggs :(

that said I wasn’t aware anything was confirmed. This early on (in terms of information) it’s not unheard of to have placeholders like Colman Trevor in the battle pack

Edited by ginja

14 hours ago, Brickwraith said:

Aw yeah? Why is that, dude? Lmao, Denny's is probably way more trustworthy, because it's official. :P

Anyways, she's female, as confirmed by a number of official product descriptions. (including some Hasbro products)

Edited by Azani

Wedge over Biggs would be disappointing since its been almost 20 years since he last appeared in a set, not to mention he's the only character left besides Zam Wesell that hasn't been upgraded to flesh tone yet. Still I'll be okay with another Wedge if he gets a unique face print this time instead of the generic pilot face. Having one side with the visor printed and the other side without would be nice.

Glad to hear the V-19 and Resistance Shuttle sets are actually happening and not just fake rumours.

9 hours ago, Cyberfounder said:

What? *huh* Again no Biggs? What does TLG have against making an updated Biggs figure? :cry_sad:

Guess I will not be buying it then, I alread have a ton of Luke's and Wedge's...

Just a rumor. Strong rumor, but I am not 100% sure.

On 21-4-2018 at 1:38 PM, Azani said:

Aw yeah? Why is that, dude? Lmao, Denny's is probably way more trustworthy, because it's official. :P

Star Wars Insider is the official magazine....

Considering the last time we got a Wedge was in the largely panned Assault on Hoth set (a set I enjoyed personally on a good discount) was a snowspeeder pilot variant, I am not peeved at all about having him rereleased in his normal X-Wing jumpsuit. I'm curious what astromech they will provide for him, as depiction varies greatly, and the most accurate has the dome from the Jawa battlepack. I do hope for a unique face print as well, especially as Wedge fan. Not only is the current over used, it doesn't suit 90% of the pilots for which it is used. 

Edited by Brickweiser

On 4/20/2018 at 12:51 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Next time, if you’re not confident of the information you’re providing or are quoting a rumor, identify that upfront. A lot of people here interpreted the above quote as solid info, when it’s not. 

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

Next time, if you’re not confident of the information you’re providing or are quoting a rumor, identify that upfront. A lot of people here interpreted the above quote as solid info, when it’s not. 

There are fake rumors. We don't know which are fake or not. This is idea of a rumor. It is not a 100% sure solid info.

1 hour ago, Renegade Clone said:

The new City Arctic sets contain a Woolly Mammoth! Hope this means we may yet see an official Lego Bantha!!!

Really? I didn't know we didn't get a Lego Bantha. Weird. 

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are fake rumors. We don't know which are fake or not. This is idea of a rumor. It is not a 100% sure solid info.

Really? I didn't know we didn't get a Lego Bantha. Weird. 

Right, that’s my point. When you present rumors as facts, you just give them credibility they’re not necessarily due. When you answer a question asking “what are the figs?” without qualifying your response, it sounds like you actually know. When you don’t. All it takes is adding “supposedly” or “rumored to be” to your response. 

Is this thread now evolving into ''the never ending speculating and wishlisting void'' of anything Stars Wars 2018?

latest?cb=20141122082826

36 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

Is this thread now evolving into ''the never ending speculating and wishlisting void'' of anything Stars Wars 2018?

latest?cb=20141122082826

As it always does..

4 hours ago, Renegade Clone said:

The new City Arctic sets contain a Woolly Mammoth! Hope this means we may yet see an official Lego Bantha!!!

Would be fantastic to get a Bantha of course, but don't see any relation to this Mammoth. Its not like a Bantha could use the same mold 

Just now, Sneakguest said:

Would be fantastic to get a Bantha of course, but don't see any relation to this Mammoth. Its not like a Bantha could use the same mold 

Yeah, seems like you'd have to cover the entire mold in bricks to get the shaggy texture needed for a bantha (sort of like how they did the bantha in the movie!) which doesn't seem all that practical.

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

When filming scenes from A New Hope in Death Valley, Lucasfilm dressed an elephant from a Californian wildlife park to play the bantha.

083951d9cb5e5354f59c1a99b321f003.jpg

It's a start :D

30 minutes ago, Invincible_LEGOMAN said:

This thread seems to have gotten off topic a bit but could someone recap what we are getting this summer set wise without the fake rumors now?

3 Solo sets (train, hauler, Enfys Speeders), TLJ Snoke Throneroom, Luke's X-Wing, Anakin's Yellow Starfighter (Ep 2/CW design), Sandcrawler (smaller than UCS). A couple of retailer exclusives TBD. The first four have been reported by multiple sources, but not seen. The other named sets were pictured in a retailer catalog. Later in the year: Advent calendar, supposedly a UCS-style Porg in scale with BB-8, and possibly some other unknown sets before the end of the year.

Edited by jdubbs