MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

1 hour ago, Terrasher said:

God, I hope. More time and effort to be spent on system sets!

I'm not in your side with this, I wish they did droids

8 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

A Droideka would have been awesome. Droids made with mainly technic parts would be cool. Sadly, it seemed like the canceled super battle droid's body was just one big piece, which would have been boring.

Anyways, last reply I'll be doing in this thread concerning constraction figures and what should have been, since this is not a wishlist thread.

Shame about the AT-RT's cancellation!

10 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Well they did do K-2SO.

Wait, the AT RT constraction figure was cancelled? megabluck! I wanted more technic star wars vehicles. I wonder if the scout and speeder bike sold badly....

33 minutes ago, chezzymann said:

Wait, the AT RT constraction figure was cancelled? megabluck! I wanted more technic star wars vehicles. I wonder if the scout and speeder bike sold badly....

There was this info, but then someone denied it, and I think they are coming.

8 hours ago, Azani said:

What were the RO figures? I'm looking at $24.99 US for Han or the Range Trooper.

RRP on Rogue One figs was and still remains $40, and it’s always bloody Chirrut and Maze that are left over

edit: Baze not Maze. Lol... Maze Balbus

Edited by Bartybum

I'm wondering with Toys R Us now closing down. Does this mean the store exclusive Lego Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina Setwill now be available to buy in stores like Smyths? As I ordered the set on Amazon.co.UK weeks ago for my nephew and there is no word on when the set will be dispatched that is making me frustrated as I paid 50 Euro to get it online.

Edited by fire117

8 hours ago, fire117 said:

I'm wondering with Toys R Us now closing down. Does this mean the store exclusive Lego Star Wars Mos Eisley Cantina Setwill now be available to buy in stores like Smyths? As I ordered the set on Amazon.co.UK weeks ago for my nephew and there is no word on when the set will be dispatched that is making me frustrated as I paid 50 Euro to get it online.

Only Toys R Us and Lego officially sell the Mos Eisley Cantina so if you bought it off Amazon I take it that it was from a 3rd party seller? If so, they must have just got it from one of those two places and are then reselling it. Could you not have just ordered it from Lego Shop at Home online? I would cancel your Amazon order if it has not been despatched and then repurchase straight from Lego online.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Only Toys R Us and Lego officially sell the Mos Eisley Cantina so if you bought it off Amazon I take it that it was from a 3rd party seller? If so, they must have just got it from one of those two places and are then reselling it. Could you not have just ordered it from Lego Shop at Home online? I would cancel your Amazon order if it has not been despatched and then repurchase straight from Lego online.

I've always used Amazon to get stuff online and with Toys R Us shops closing down, Lego should sell the Mos Eisley Cantina set in other shops like Smyths. As only having it sold through one store chain and the Lego site boils my blood. This exclusive crap just ticks off people who can't get these exclusive sets in their local shops.

Just now, fire117 said:

I've always used Amazon to get stuff online and with Toys R Us shops closing down, Lego should sell the Mos Eisley Cantina set in other shops like Smyths. As only having it sold through one store chain and the Lego site boils my blood. This exclusive crap just ticks off people who can't get these exclusive sets in their local shops.

I know what you mean, but I too live where there are no Toys R Us, Smyths or Lego Shops so I have to use Lego S@H to get exclusives. In fact I got my Cantina this way. Lego service is usually very good and you would get the set a lot quicker. You don't seem to be getting very good service off the Amazon seller.

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

I know what you mean, but I too live where there are no Toys R Us, Smyths or Lego Shops so I have to use Lego S@H to get exclusives. In fact I got my Cantina this way. Lego service is usually very good and you would get the set a lot quicker. You don't seem to be getting very good service off the Amazon seller.

I know a man who used the Lego site to get an exclusive set but it never arrived so with that you can see why I don't want to use that site if that could happen to a friend of mine.

19 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

They are not coming, at least not for Germany, Austria, Suisse. And probably then not for Europe, not for anyone..?

On 4/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, Terrasher said:

I know some others like them, but it seems like the majority of people don't!

Glad to hear that; lmao. You seem really passionate.

Most folks on EB don't like them too much, no, but that certainly isn't necessarily representative of the AFOL majority, especially considering the nature of the site's structure. :P Irrespective of that, it's fair to say that most folks are a little disparaging around SWC as a vehicle for SW in general - even folks who love CCBS aren't too big on SW constraction, and I can get behind that. believe me, I want constraction out of SW as well, but I try to be a little careful about how I say it.

On 4/18/2018 at 8:33 AM, Terrasher said:

I imagine that the time and effort that will be freed from constraction will be put into something else.

Since TLG has been making CCBS sets for years outside of SW, and since it's blatantly clear with the last couple of waves that there's been no decline in the quality or quantity of SW system, nah, I doubt it'll effect any changes. Heck, if anything, TLG has been setting aside more in the way of budget and manpower behind SW as a whole. After all, there have been 6-12 constraction sets every six months (at least) since 1999. :)

Edited by Azani

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

They are not coming, at least not for Germany, Austria, Suisse. And probably then not for Europe, not for anyone..?

America exclusive? That would be weird.

4 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Thanks, good to see why this cancellation rumour is a thing. May be they release later, maybe they don't, let's see. 

On 9-4-2018 at 6:41 PM, BacktoBricks said:

They are two different antagonists; Dryden Vos is Paul Bettany's character whereas Enfys Nest is rumoured to be a woman.

121txdj.jpg

Guess Enfys is a man after all.

But what's the source of that clipping? If it's an official Lucasfilm-authored publication, I would accept that as accurate. If it's a magazine, it could just be the writer making assumptions, or not having all the information.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

But what's the source of that clipping? If it's an official Lucasfilm-authored publication, I would accept that as accurate. If it's a magazine, it could just be the writer making assumptions, or not having all the information.

Source that are saying that Enfys is a male is from Star Wars Insider, whereas, Denny's which has official promo material is saying it's a female. So both sources are technically official so to speak. Time will tell as we get closer to the movie release. 

On a completely separate note, does anyone know what the minifigs are for the OT X-wing that's coming out this summer? I know it's two droids and two pilots, and one pair seems to be Luke and r2d2

On 4/18/2018 at 2:00 PM, THELEGOBATMAN said:

And this is why I took those rumors with a massive grain of salt. Too many people around here have an irrational hatred of constraction and especially after we started getting SW CCBS. CCBS sets are in addition to the system sets and DO NOT effect the quality or number of system scale Star Wars sets. I'm baffled why anyone would think that's the case. I hope they are still coming, I would absolutely buy the AT-RT and Super Battledroid in a heartbeat but we'll have to see. Sets being region-exclusive is not unheard of so it's certainly possible they are only coming to places where constraction sets have sold well. As long as they come here in the States I'll be happy. If they don't come at all then I'll still be disappointed but there are plenty of other sets this year for me to look forward to.

What we know:

One of the writers was quoted as saying the Han Solo Movie is,"Bizarre and queer."

Disney is blatantly pushing modern "social justice" and progressive themes in all of their IP's.

We have some reporting that states Enfys Nest is male.  

We have some reporting that states Enfys Nest is female.

The actor/actress who plays Enfys Nest is unknown.

Reasonable Conclusion:

Enfys Nest could be transgender.

34 minutes ago, ToaDraco said:

And this is why I took those rumors with a massive grain of salt. Too many people around here have an irrational hatred of constraction and especially after we started getting SW CCBS. CCBS sets are in addition to the system sets and DO NOT effect the quality or number of system scale Star Wars sets. I'm baffled why anyone would think that's the case. I hope they are still coming, I would absolutely buy the AT-RT and Super Battledroid in a heartbeat but we'll have to see. Sets being region-exclusive is not unheard of so it's certainly possible they are only coming to places where constraction sets have sold well. As long as they come here in the States I'll be happy. If they don't come at all then I'll still be disappointed but there are plenty of other sets this year for me to look forward to.

Irrational hatred? You know u r talking about lego right and not feminism, migration or other issues on a slighter larger scale

3 hours ago, gvh said:

On a completely separate note, does anyone know what the minifigs are for the OT X-wing that's coming out this summer? I know it's two droids and two pilots, and one pair seems to be Luke and r2d2

Luke, R2-D2, Wedge Antilles and another astromech.

3 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Luke, R2-D2, Wedge Antilles and another astromech.

Just saw them. The droid for antilles is r2a3