MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

When is the designer video for 75181 UCS Y-Wing going to be posted?  I assume there will be one...

At this rate after it's release or a few days before. They're not keen on releases, right now. I asked about the black vip card, and they said that if anything does happen we'll know within the two weeks before may the 4th. It used to not be that late, but the situation with solo as a whole is messed up because they didn't move it to december like the other movies. Makes me suspicious as to the quality of the film.

47 minutes ago, gvh said:

At this rate after it's release or a few days before. They're not keen on releases, right now. I asked about the black vip card, and they said that if anything does happen we'll know within the two weeks before may the 4th. It used to not be that late, but the situation with solo as a whole is messed up because they didn't move it to december like the other movies. Makes me suspicious as to the quality of the film.

People were suspicious about RO until it got released. I think Solo could have been awful but I trust Ron Howard to put together a good movie.

4 hours ago, Forresto said:

Does anyone know if the Patrol Stormtroopers have dual molded helmets? They look astonishingly good.

According to the review on Brickset, they do

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

People were suspicious about RO until it got released. I think Solo could have been awful but I trust Ron Howard to put together a good movie.

All very much true. My comment wasn't to say there aren't parts of the film that look appealing. There's a lot about it that looks awesome. Still, rogue one's troubled production with reeshoots (not uncommon whatsoever in the movie world) and such aren't even close to the mess that seems to be floating around Solo. Star Wars is one of my favorites, and I'll give any film a chance.

I was more worried before I saw the trailer, my feeling was before that this would be the first new SW movie that would flop, but I don't have that feeling anymore. My concern now is more like Im afraid that TLG will not focus on the Solo movie as they did not with RO1. Like it will take some time after the next wave until we see more Solo sets. I don't know why they seem to favour the new saga, since as a prequel and OT fan, the RO1 and solo sets are closer to my liking

So I got a chance to hit up a Lego shop today, and my god the Solo buildable figures are EXPENSIVE. Checked online and yep, $45 AUD a figure is a total rip off. What the hell

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

So I got a chance to hit up a Lego shop today, and my god the Solo buildable figures are EXPENSIVE. Checked online and yep, $45 AUD a figure is a total rip off. What the hell

Yeah, rubbish ‘value’, especially for the Han Solo one. But I guess they are relatively expensive to produce with large complex pieces and printing. I’m not surprised the line is ending early after seeing them clog up retail shelves the past few years. But, I would love a collection of just the head/helmet molds (excluding the human face variants)...the Maul one looks incredible. 

3 hours ago, Bartybum said:

It's outrageous isn'tit? The RO buildable figs were at least $10 cheaper.

Where'd you go - Dreamworld or Chadstone? I avoid spending at both because of no VIP points. If I >have< to spend direct I'll go online.

35 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

Where'd you go - Dreamworld or Chadstone? I avoid spending at both because of no VIP points. If I >have< to spend direct I'll go online.

I went to Chadstone. Normally they’re $40 a pop, which is still prohibitively expensive. I’m willing to fork out at the very most $30 but no more.

2 hours ago, Markalus said:

Yeah, rubbish ‘value’, especially for the Han Solo one. But I guess they are relatively expensive to produce with high large complex pieces and printing.

Yeah they are, but they ramped up the cost by $5 from $40

Regarding the 75181 UCS Y-Wing... I think it's a huge upgrade from the old UCS set, except one thing. Why does it have the gray/chrome parts locking the "wings" in place (at the front, where the orbs are)? In all pictures of the ship I can find it has the curved white parts which all other Lego sets have, except this one. Now it's suddenly straight chrome parts instead. Or am I missing something here? Can anyone explain? :)

Edited by danielwerner

1 hour ago, Darth Malgus said:

The Rangetrooper I get but the others were just too expensive.

The Range Trooper costs just as much though

The Maul figure has an additional 5 €/£/$ on top of the already absurd raised pricing  of the other figures of this year no matter in what country you are, simply because it’s Maul.

1 hour ago, JekPorkchops said:

The Maul figure has an additional 5 €/£/$ on top of the already absurd raised pricing  of the other figures of this year no matter in what country you are, simply because it’s Maul.

Exactly. Besides having to consider new moulds and the Disney Tax, TLG will ask itself "how much money are people willing to pay for this?"

The weird thing is, these figures should have been priced lower from the start. I’m sure they still would have made a profit. Yet they keep raising the price every year. It’s as if they want the line to be cancelled.

33 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

The weird thing is, these figures should have been priced lower from the start. I’m sure they still would have made a profit. Yet they keep raising the price every year. It’s as if they want the line to be cancelled.

Let's just see how many of these they produce in future waves. ;)

Just now, Robianco said:

Let's just see how many of these they produce in future waves. ;)

Constraction line is rumoured to be cancelled

I think this is the last we’re gonna see of SW Constraction seeing as the Clone Wars sets were cancelled :cry_sad:

11 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Man, that sucks. If you were in the states, it wouldn't be quite as bad, but it still isn't fantastic. Over here, they've stayed steady since the

7 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I went to Chadstone. Normally they’re $40 a pop, which is still prohibitively expensive. I’m willing to fork out at the very most $30 but no more.

Yeah they are, but they ramped up the cost by $5 from $40

What were the RO figures? I'm looking at $24.99 US for Han or the Range Trooper.

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Doesn't matter; it's significantly better. :) Sure, the piece counts are  moot point with this wave, but the trooper is pretty fantastic as far as MOCing potential is concerned.

50 minutes ago, JekPorkchops said:

The weird thing is, these figures should have been priced lower from the start. I’m sure they still would have made a profit.

Maybe? I don't know as much about TLG's profit margins on licensed kits as I do about the setup on their mainline sets, but it's worth noting that the vast majority of the cost that they'll incur while producing a kit is in the marketing, and SW certainly runs very high on that.

Realistically, it's costing TLG less than $5 US to crank out a single $25 CCBS kit, but that doesn't take much into account in and of itself.

Edited by Azani

5 hours ago, Bartybum said:

I feel there is more to them than the other two... yet maul has 3 more pieces than the rest.

30 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Exactly. Just funny to hear about someone stating the prices seem to be aimed at Lego wanting the line to be cancelled when that seems to be exactly what they're doing.

33 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

God, I hope. More time and effort to be spent on system sets!

12 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

God, I hope. More time and effort to be spent on system sets!

That's not how it works. And y'know, if you can manage to imagine it, some people do like them. :P

Edited by Azani

41 minutes ago, Azani said:

That's not how it works. And y'know, if you can manage to imagine it, some people do like them. :P

I know some others like them, but it seems like the majority of people don't!

I imagine that the time and effort that will be freed from constraction will be put into something else.

Only two constraction sets that I assume may have attracted most people are the scout and the speeder bike, as well as the 501st clone with the AT-RT, but wasn't the latter canceled? Is there no way we'll see that set come to light?