MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

It'd be great if that v19 figure line up was true and a way of them giving us a large chunk of wanted characters, but... I just don't believe that line up... Not in a simple set like that. 

Regarding the front of Yoda hut... There is a small technic  Rick with axle hole... Is that potential for a future set to connect to it? 

11 minutes ago, Fuppylodders said:

It'd be great if that v19 figure line up was true and a way of them giving us a large chunk of wanted characters, but... I just don't believe that line up... Not in a simple set like that. 

Regarding the front of Yoda hut... There is a small technic  Rick with axle hole... Is that potential for a future set to connect to it? 

No the technic pin connects to the jumping platform play feature you can move around.

I also find it really funny that people still think that you can't have a good mini-fig line-up because it's not a really big set; Lego offered us 4 named bounty hunters in a cheap battle pack last year. 

1 hour ago, Arctic122189 said:

Are we getting a Clone Gunship????

And when will we get a new Shaak Ti?????

A new Shaak Ti would be great, then they basically have no excuse to make new pedis that dont have their lego representative as of yet (even if I have customs of the majority of them)

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I also find it really funny that people still think that you can't have a good mini-fig line-up because it's not a really big set; Lego offered us 4 named bounty hunters in a cheap battle pack last year. 

Well that's just my opinion isn't it? Just like you are entitled to yours.

One small battle pack set doesn't mean they will do it again in the future, but it doesn't mean they won't either. They will do what they want to do. I am basing my opinion on the fact that one set doesn't change guarantee a change in how they do minifig line ups as juicy as that.

If that truly is the minifig line up, then future minifig line ups like that, I may be more inclined to believe, and believe me, I'll be happy for that. But I'm sure you've been around long enough to realise that that battle pack was the FIRST time it's been done in such a small set, and there are frequently hugely enticing but fake minifig line ups offered as 'rumours' just to have ended up being fake waaaay too often. 

But we will see, won't we?

What would be great is, if they brought Shaak Ti back, is if they use Soccer Mom Batgirl's hood as an extra accesory/headgear for her.

The V-19 Torrent rumor would be pretty cool. It's one of my fav Clone Wars ships. Would be nice to see what LEGO would do differently from the original (it needs a... bit of help with all the pneumatics and stuff).

Edited by Penkid11

For what it's worth the previous rumors matched Snoke's Throne Room to the (supposedly) correct number. It would make sense that the other numbers were incorrect due to the confidential nature of Solo merch. Wonder if we're still looking at an August release for these specific sets.

I'd be very happy if the rumored minfigs are true, but I'll keep my expectations in check for now. 

Edited by sn0wmana

20 minutes ago, GeekByKnight said:

So what sets do people think will be on sale as part of the May 4th weekend? Are there sets from the Last Jedi wave that have sold badly?

You'll see the transport pod and scout walker extremely cheap on eBay so besides the two my guess would be the ATM6 and kylos TIE would probably get 10% off

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

You'll see the transport pod and scout walker extremely cheap on eBay so besides the two my guess would be the ATM6 and kylos TIE would probably get 10% off

The atm6 and Kylos tie would be great, but only if we saw a 20% dip. 10% isn’t enough to get excited.

19 hours ago, MKJoshA said:

Keep in mind, rebelscum (correct me if I'm wrong) just collects rumors from around the web. Some of their info could be from our fake leakers. von Lego says a V-19 is coming, so I believe that. But I'll believe the minifigure selection when I see it.

Shouldn't someone just ask @LEGOscum

11 hours ago, Fuppylodders said:

Well that's just my opinion isn't it? Just like you are entitled to yours.

One small battle pack set doesn't mean they will do it again in the future, but it doesn't mean they won't either. They will do what they want to do. I am basing my opinion on the fact that one set doesn't change guarantee a change in how they do minifig line ups as juicy as that.

If that truly is the minifig line up, then future minifig line ups like that, I may be more inclined to believe, and believe me, I'll be happy for that. But I'm sure you've been around long enough to realise that that battle pack was the FIRST time it's been done in such a small set, and there are frequently hugely enticing but fake minifig line ups offered as 'rumours' just to have ended up being fake waaaay too often. 

But we will see, won't we?

Well, yes the Bounty Hunter BP had 4 named characters, first and very welcomed instance for sure, but it's getting a trend in battle packs to put more varied characters. We got the not as extreme of an example with the Clone Trooper and Jedi battlepack, 2 named Jedi in a small cheap set too just recently. More variety but less army building potential depending on the offering.   

My previous response was in no way an endorsement of that exceptionnaly good rumored line-up for the V-19 set, sorry if it came out as a bit belligerent. I just think that good line-ups like those can happen again, even in this Lego age of recycling bad facial expressions for 200$+ UCS sets for named characters and boring waves of shelf warming sequel trilogy sets. Is the list of mini-figs probably fake? I'm tempted to say it is. 

Box just arrived with the Vader Pod. I was definitely ho-hum about this promo... boy was I surprised.

I wondered if the outer label would be a sticker or printed... it ended up being a plastic "hologram" sticker where if you turn it one way "Star Wars Lego" goes away and if you turn it the other way, the whole image appears. Even better, I thought that the outside shell would be black plastic. Instead it's mirror-finish chrome! I'm glad I grabbed this one. If anyone else is on the fence, it might be worth it after all.

Decent video I found showing the finish: 

Edited by thorin

6 hours ago, GeekByKnight said:

So what sets do people think will be on sale as part of the May 4th weekend? Are there sets from the Last Jedi wave that have sold badly?

Wrong topic.  Please reread the title of this topic.  Thank you.

Everyone take a deep breath please.  Now take another.  Realize that a few of you are arguing or about to argue over LEGO sets, some of which are unreleased.

As for the rest of you...It's not a wishlist topic.  Words like "hope, wish, want, should"...wrong place.  Thank you.  Now, go buy the Solo sets like I did and start building!

5 hours ago, Darth Malgus said:

Shouldn't someone just ask @LEGOscum

I'll consider myself asked :)

@MKJoshA - Rebelscum collects news the same as any other LEGO site; by sifting through piles of conversations, rumours and articles on over a dozen sites each day. Before we publish anything we try to get at least two seperate/independant sources to verify the information. If we feel we have something important and we can't verify it we always state that it is rumourand to hedge our bets. If we can verify the information we come out strong. The difference between Rebelscum and most of the other LEGO news sites is that they are RLFM and we will never gain this status, and while this means that we are at a disadvantage when official news announcements are made (we have to read about them like everyone else), it does give us more flexibility in sharing news that LEGO isn't ready to. Aside from the Resistance Shuttle/V-19 sets (which are looking to be true now) our track record is pretty good and we've been on the money in all instances, bar the Thandie Newton minifig (which we did have the two confirmed sources for but they turned out to be wrong too). UCS Falcon, UCS Y-Wing, UCS Snowspeeder and all the Solo sets were stories scooped by Rebelscum. The thirty C&D notifications and my Facebook account deactivation shows how close to the bone the LSW news that Rebelscum produces is.

So "just collects rumours from around the web" is accurate... from a certain point of view.

1 hour ago, LEGOscum said:

The thirty C&D notifications and my Facebook account deactivation shows how close to the bone the LSW news that Rebelscum produces is.

HAHAHA!  Awesome!  But of course it's you who is at fault, not the security issues that the company has.

On 13/04/2018 at 1:51 PM, Robianco said:

Definitely still in stores. I just picked up Yoda's Hut and two Imperial Battle Packs (along with a CMF) to quality for the £55 spend for the Factory set along with the Vader Pod.

Which Stores? Thank you please...

12 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

HAHAHA!  Awesome!  But of course it's you who is at fault, not the security issues that the company has.

You're right of course!!!!!

;)

Wanted to buy some Solo sets, byt there is Jurassic World, so I will probably just wait to August and pick summer sets for Solo. This wave doesn't have any villains... no Enfys Nest or Dryden Vos.

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

Wanted to buy some Solo sets, byt there is Jurassic World, so I will probably just wait to August and pick summer sets for Solo. This wave doesn't have any villains... no Enfys Nest or Dryden Vos.

Well it have imperials, plus doesn't Moloch and his compadre count as villains?

Apologies if this has already been mentioned or is otherwise ruled out, but it appears Slave I has been sighted in the latest Solo trailer: 

Given the leaked Boba Fett minifigure not so long ago, is it possible that an updated system-scale Slave I could be in amongst the Summer wave with the remaining Solo sets? Seems a pretty perfect opportunity to do so, seeing as there hasn't been a non-UCS Slave I since 8097 in 2010.