MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

US S@H has the new falcon, tie, speeders, etc. all up.

No current sales, but $75 of SW bricks will get you the minifigure factory AND vader's pod both as freebies.

Edited by thorin

4 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

The V-19 will happen, too.

So the leak was correct then? I can't remember what made people think it was false now ... was it that the set numbers just didn't match?

The Vader pod is now a GWP on purchases of SW Lego over £50 in the UK. SW Brickheadz don't appear to qualify though. Minifigure Factory has also gone from the UK S@H early it seems.

Edited by BacktoBricks

18 hours ago, Markypops said:

Update on the DJ polybag in the UK. Tesco stores have had a cardboard off fixture display delivered this week with some new sets on it and the DJ polybag. The bag will be given away with a LEGO Star Wars purchase or can be bought separately for £4. I don't know if there will be a minimum spend but I do know that currently the promotion hasn't went live yet and not sure when but suspect it will happen within the next week. So the stock in most stores may not go out till promotion goes live.

Good stuff thanks! May have to pick that up - will keep an eye out. :)

5 hours ago, Markalus said:

Cool. Are they available in retail stores in Oz already? 

I found it in Kmart in Brisbane - $37.99 (I think). It was cheaper than LEGO.com's $44.99 RRP.

9 hours ago, BacktoBricks said:

So the leak was correct then? I can't remember what made people think it was false now ... was it that the set numbers just didn't match?

The Vader pod is now a GWP on purchases of SW Lego over £50 in the UK. SW Brickheadz don't appear to qualify though. Minifigure Factory has also gone from the UK S@H early it seems.

Saw that too, they might have it in stores anyway.

7 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Saw that too, they might have it in stores anyway. Plus I get additional 15 % cut off tomorrow due to the AFOL day

Definitely still in stores. I just picked up Yoda's Hut and two Imperial Battle Packs (along with a CMF) to quality for the £55 spend for the Factory set along with the Vader Pod.

7 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Sweet! I hope all the rumored minifigs are true as well.

The rumored minifig selection of the V-19 was great but the price was not. It is even more expensive than the 2008 version. I’d like it to be smaller than that one, it would be more accurate. Definitely excited we’re getting even more TCW stuff, I’d take any remakes of that over new Disney material.

Sounds like Force Friday, Wookiee Weekend, etc was a bust around my area. Checked 4 different Wal-Mart's and Targets this morning and only a few Forcelink figures and young Han Black Series...nada for Lego...the Target I used to work for said they aren't setting the new sets out until Sunday ?

9 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Was the rumor right about the figures? I really want a Phase 2 Cody

Keep in mind, rebelscum (correct me if I'm wrong) just collects rumors from around the web. Some of their info could be from our fake leakers. von Lego says a V-19 is coming, so I believe that. But I'll believe the minifigure selection when I see it.

17 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

Keep in mind, rebelscum (correct me if I'm wrong) just collects rumors from around the web. Some of their info could be from our fake leakers. von Lego says a V-19 is coming, so I believe that. But I'll believe the minifigure selection when I see it.

I believe the set descriptions were emailed to Rebelscum and one or two other sites anonymously. And at least some of the info in those descriptions appears to be wrong, since the set numbers for the "V-Wing Torrent" and the Resistance Transport are supposedly being used for summer Solo sets... which is partly why everyone concluded the descriptions were bogus (aside from them sounding too good to be true).

12 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Looking forward to this. Suppose it gives 75206 a bit of purpose in providing Clone Troopers, seeing as there would be no other relevant sets out this year aside from 75214. 

Just a thought - given the release cycle of previous Republic Gunships and AT-TEs (2002/2003, then 2008, then 2013 - roughly every 5 years or so), and given that LEGO seem to be returning to the Clone Wars theme a bit with 75214 too, is it plausible we could maybe see them in the not so distant future? Winter wave perhaps, seeing as LEGO won't be chasing a new film's release until late 2019? 

1 minute ago, Renown said:

Just a thought - given the release cycle of previous Republic Gunships and AT-TEs (2002/2003, then 2008, then 2013 - roughly every 5 years or so), and given that LEGO seem to be returning to the Clone Wars theme a bit with 75214 too, is it plausible we could maybe see them in the not so distant future? Winter wave perhaps, seeing as LEGO won't be chasing a new film's release until late 2019? 

I’ve been fully expecting this.  So excited to hear the V-19 rumor may be true after all!!!

1 hour ago, Renown said:

Looking forward to this. Suppose it gives 75206 a bit of purpose in providing Clone Troopers, seeing as there would be no other relevant sets out this year aside from 75214. 

That would be great, but I have trouble seeing where they could improve the 2013 gunship and AT-TE.  They both look fantastic, are built super well, and had great figures.  But I'm always down for more clone wars!

The V-19 was rumoured to come with Rex and Cody, right? Sounds a bit too good to be true, but I'd definitely be happy if it's true.

41 minutes ago, Aethersprite said:

The V-19 was rumoured to come with Rex and Cody, right? Sounds a bit too good to be true, but I'd definitely be happy if it's true.

Yeah and Obi Wan, Plo Koon, a Clone Pilot and a Battle Droid. Sounds like a lot, but considering the price and how the new HP Great Hall is stacked with figs it could be true. Here's hoping; I really need a Rex and Cody. :) 

21 minutes ago, ltzik said:

Is it the first time that we get a big clone wars set after a while? Isn't it?

Yeah 2014 was the last real wave of CW sets although Lego has released Yoda's Starfighter and Grievous' Speeder in the last year almost as though to maybe ease back into CW sets. Then again, we did get the Clone Turbo Tank in 2016 which is marked as Episode 3 but is obviously a clone wars era vehicle just not something seen only in the CW show like the V19.