MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Fantastic news, thanks for the confirmation :thumbup:

Good point, Hela's helmet is a great example :sweet: The main parts of the helmet (including the two "horns") could be realized with regular ABS, but the edges probably work better with slightly rubbery plastic. I think it's either dual-moulded (like the JW dinosaurs that have dual-moulded parts that combine different kinds of plastic) or consists of several parts. I can't think of any existing part that could be used for those sharp edges, so I think it's most realistic to expect a dual-moulded or an entirely rubbery part (fingers crossed for the former) :laugh:

I hope it does use a new mould and it doesn't just use the Tank / Shore Trooper helmet as it will be lazier to me to be honest. I hope she also has a new cape piece and a shoulder cape piece in the new material too. :)

3 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

Details are from the other 2018 star wars page

Okay. Thanks.

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Of course we will get Enfys Nest in the summer sets. We will get her in the speeder set.

Is that 75217? Because the code name for that was villain chariot 

10 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Is that 75217? Because the code name for that was villain chariot 

nemesis chariot and no, 75215 ... 

Edited by Tidy
brain fart.

Enfys Nest set is 75215 it's codenamed Nemesis Gang Chariot, which means Enfys Nest's Gang Face-Off, it will include two dark tan speeders, one of them being Nest's. Minifigures are Enfys Nest, and two other minifgures, one of them probably being part of Enfys' gang, and probably one good guy. Price is I think 30-35€, so 30$. Does this sound right to you@Sir von Lego?

Hey guys, has any of my fellow Canadians found the dj polybag in any stores yet? Just in Canada, i hope it still comes to TRU since ours aren't closing as of now

6 hours ago, legosamsonite said:

Hey guys, has any of my fellow Canadians found the dj polybag in any stores yet? Just in Canada, i hope it still comes to TRU since ours aren't closing as of now

Same here, I would like to know as well. None in canada correct ?

Trailer wasn't bad. Any news on black VIP card promotions? I didn't see any.

7 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Didn't contribute with two much new info, but again, i like the atmosphere in the beginning. I just hope they can keep it cocky in a good way, avoiding the shannara teenage mtv trap

image.png.16217f492dd8f24b9c189b3ed29d80da.png

Here's a picture from the Mimban page on Wookieepedia - it looks like mudtroopers actually do walk around with masks up, and it's not just Han-specific. Looking at the other picture I feel like it would be hard to recreate the mask-down look even with a new mould. I think our best bet would be to use a visor-down printed head from an AT-ST driver/Navy trooper and add the respirator piece from batman or similar. I bet rangetrooper is coming and it'll use a new print of tank/shoretrooper helmet; it seems too easy for TLG to pass on it.

24 minutes ago, DarthHank said:

I bet rangetrooper is coming and it'll use a new print of tank/shoretrooper helmet; it seems too easy for TLG to pass on it.

Yeah, one of the rumoured sets is the Conveyex and based on the new trailer, this would be a perfect opportunity to release a Range Trooper minifig. A Chewie with goggles would be neat as well, as long as they don't waste a new mould on that :grin: Speaking of the Conveyex, is it just me or is it really weird that all of the rumoured summer sets are basically based on the same sequence of events? The new trailer even shows all three rumoured vehicles (cloud-rider bikes, Imperial Hauler, Conveyex) in the same shot!

Edited by Lego-Freak

Wait a sec, wasn't Efys Nest's former name Dryden Vos? When did this namechange happened and why? Or the first info wasn't correct?

39 minutes ago, Anak said:

Wait a sec, wasn't Efys Nest's former name Dryden Vos? When did this namechange happened and why? Or the first info wasn't correct?

They are two different antagonists; Dryden Vos is Paul Bettany's character whereas Enfys Nest is rumoured to be a woman.

Edited by BacktoBricks

38 minutes ago, Anak said:

Enfys Nest and her Cloud Rider Gang are separate from Dryden Vos (played by Paul Bettany). Different characters.

Edited by Renegade Clone

1 hour ago, DarthHank said:

image.png.16217f492dd8f24b9c189b3ed29d80da.png

Here's a picture from the Mimban page on Wookieepedia - it looks like mudtroopers actually do walk around with masks up, and it's not just Han-specific. Looking at the other picture I feel like it would be hard to recreate the mask-down look even with a new mould. I think our best bet would be to use a visor-down printed head from an AT-ST driver/Navy trooper and add the respirator piece from batman or similar. I bet rangetrooper is coming and it'll use a new print of tank/shoretrooper helmet; it seems too easy for TLG to pass on it.

I was thinking maybe a standard AT-ST driver helmet with the Imperial Combat Driver head https://goo.gl/images/XYPFSA

26 minutes ago, Savage Oppress said:

will there be any new Lego Star Wars sets from the other movies released with the Solo merchandise on April 13, 2018?

Yes, Yodas hut

+ a clone trooper battle pack

What Im not sure of, will there be a Darth Vader pod everywhere or is it only in NA?

After seeing more of The Conveyer in the trailer, it's so unfortune that we are getting only two wagons in a set, even without rails! 

2 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

After seeing more of The Conveyer in the trailer, it's so unfortune that we are getting only two wagons in a set, even without rails! 

I'm not following... is it confirmed we are getting a train set from the Solo movie?

1 minute ago, namioik said:

I'm not following... is it confirmed we are getting a train set from the Solo movie?

It’s on the information page for 2018 Star Wars sets 

40 minutes ago, namioik said:

Yes, from a reliable source.

To anyone who’s complaining about the lack of tracks, think about this for a second.

From what we’ve seen in the trailer, a) the tracks spiral, and b) the train is on either side of the track. That’s a ridiculously complicated rail system that would drive up the price of the set a HUGE amount, not only because of the complexity but also because of the fact that you’d need a significant portion of track for it to be worth. There’s no economically satisfying way they could produce the train with tracks in an appropriate scale.