MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

52 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

So the UK shop.lego has all the solo sets as coming soon but clicking on it gives an error. Anyone know when the sets officially release?

20th April.

12 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

20th April.

On S@H website every European country had 13th.

A new detail concerning Enfys Nest has surfaced, and apparently

it's a female character!

Looks like darththeling and I called it in February :laugh:

On 4/5/2018 at 10:42 AM, Robianco said:

no pattern or secret messages in UCS packaging as far as I'm concerned. Anything people find is pure coincidence.

Agreed, there are some anachronistic surprises, too. Didn't they have the Death Star I on some The Force Awakens Lego packaging a few years ago?? (slide whistle goes down)

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

A new detail concerning Enfys Nest has surfaced, and apparently

Reveal hidden contents

it's a female character!

Looks like darththeling and I called it in February :laugh:

Well it feels good after this long day to check in on Eurobricks to find out I was right about something in February! :pir-grin:  Thanks, Lego-Freak.

It was a reference to Medusa and/or her three sisters, from Greek mythology (Gorgon being Lego's code name).

Edited by darththeling
Gorgon

The ‘May the fourth’ promotion has leaked. It looks like the BB-8 polybag is available on May 4th only, which is kinda a dick move as it will make it stupidly exclusive! UCS MF and Y-wing are excluded from the 2x VIP points promotion. Star Wars sets they can’t sell that go for 50% off in reseller stores (ie. Kylo’s Tie Fighter) are a ‘generous’ 20% off. And no word of any black VIP card bonuses. Is it just me or does this sound like a scummy deal? 

The leaked pic states the "item is valued at appoximately $4.99 USD and $6.99 CA retail value." Would they include such information on the bag so that it can be sold in stores after the promotional freebie at that price? 

5 hours ago, Markalus said:

The ‘May the fourth’ promotion has leaked. It looks like the BB-8 polybag is available on May 4th only, which is kinda a dick move as it will make it stupidly exclusive! UCS MF and Y-wing are excluded from the 2x VIP points promotion. Star Wars sets they can’t sell that go for 50% off in reseller stores (ie. Kylo’s Tie Fighter) are a ‘generous’ 20% off. And no word of any black VIP card bonuses. Is it just me or does this sound like a scummy deal? 

Even if the BB-8 were available for a week it’s still likely to sell out within a day like the R2-D2 did last year so always best to get the order in ASAP

Its funny that they took down the new Solo sets again at shop.lego. I mean they will be sold soon, the pictures are out since long time. Whats the purpose. Sometimes it feels like legos intelligence level is like a kid playing hide and seek by putting a hand in front of their eyes

7 hours ago, darththeling said:

The leaked pic states the "item is valued at appoximately $4.99 USD and $6.99 CA retail value." Would they include such information on the bag so that it can be sold in stores after the promotional freebie at that price? 

It's a legal requirement in many countries for coupons and free prizes to be given a nominal value. 

12 hours ago, Andyperkins said:

Even if the BB-8 were available for a week it’s still likely to sell out within a day like the R2-D2 did last year so always best to get the order in ASAP

R2-D2 sold out in about 3 days here in the us. It was popular, but I got the feeling that they made quite a few of them since it lasted longer than the 2 promos before it. You can find it for $10-$15 on eBay... exclusive, but not VERY exclusive.

Also, the BB8 build doesn’t look nearly as nice as the R2-D2 from last year. That one was great. Nothing against the designer... it’s kind of hard to build a lego sphere at that scale.

The 2x VIP points excluded from the Y-wing is a bit of a bummer... I can understand the falcon.

My issue... Still upset that I won’t get a Star Wars Lego movie style poster. Pretty jerk move to start making collectors posters of each movie, making 1-7 and then stopping... thanks lego.

Edited by thorin

Local Toymaster (UK) had all the new wave of sets except the TIE and Falcon today. The shop always seems to have sets out early so I thought it was worth a small detour to check it out. Picked up the Solo Battlepack and both Solo speeders. 

2 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are no Solo sets on S@H...

They were up on EU and UK stores but were taken down again. They're releasing next week here.

Edited by SCREDEYE

Given the latest character reveals which include yet another new Stormie type (the Mudtrooper), it's probably become quite unrealistic to still expect all of the remaining key characters to appear in the three summer wave Solo sets. I'd be shocked if we didin't get Enfys Nest (even though I wonder how they'll pull off the helmet with its sharp edges and everything), but I'm not sure about the others :sceptic:Val, Rio and L3-37 are heavily implied to be part of the crew which probably results in quite a bit of screentime, so those three are somewhat likely to appear as well (even though they all should have come in the MF set instead of BB-DB and the Kessel Droid). A minifig version of the Range Trooper used to be a no-brainer too, but now that the Mudtrooper has entered the ring, I'm not too sure any more, I mean the former already has a LEGO representation (albeit in CCBS form). The only remaining main character I don't expect to see this summer is Dryden Vos which is quite ironic given how easily they could translate him into minifig form (no new moulds or recolours required). My main reason for thinking so is the fact the character went through a significant redesign due to the whole recasting process; I doubt they had enough time to redesign his minifig counterpart accordingly :wink: Maybe he'll end up in a polybag the same way DJ did :classic:

Edited by Lego-Freak

We'll absolutely get a Range Trooper merely by how marketed they are.

What's strange about the mud trooper is that the actual film version is a regular stormtrooper with a plate attached to the forehead. I believe they're even white with a bunch of mud on them.

1 hour ago, Forresto said:

What's strange about the mud trooper is that the actual film version is a regular stormtrooper with a plate attached to the forehead. I believe they're even white with a bunch of mud on them.

I think you're referring to the Mimban Stormtroopers. The Mudtroopers look like this:

latest?cb=20180406003801

Cf. the Mimban Stormtrooper: 500?cb=20180319202722

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think you're referring to the Mimban Stormtroopers. The Mudtroopers look like this:

latest?cb=20180406003801

Cf. the Mimban Stormtrooper: 500?cb=20180319202722

Ah so we do get both Mud Troopers and a Mimban Stormtrooper in the Tie Fighter set.

Beckett and Solo are dressed as Mud Troopers. Solo has the full kit on.

8 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There are no Solo sets on S@H...

I know where you are coming from, but the Solo BrickHeadz are available.

7 hours ago, Forresto said:

Ah so we do get both Mud Troopers and a Mimban Stormtrooper in the Tie Fighter set.

Beckett and Solo are dressed as Mud Troopers. Solo has the full kit on.

You're right, I haven't even noticed that :grin: Unfortunately, Han's helmet has a lifted visor, which renders the release of a "real" Mudtrooper for the next wave quite unlikely though since that'd require a new mould. Releasing two moulds for two versions of the same helmet isn't unprecedented (FO Crew/ Shuttle pilot anyone?) but I don't count on that happening this soon.

Edited by Lego-Freak

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

You're right, I haven't even noticed that :grin: Unfortunately, Han's helmet has a lifted visor, which renders the release of a "real" Mudtrooper for the next wave quite unlikely though since that'd require a new mould. Releasing two moulds for two versions of the same helmet isn't unprecedented (FO Crew/ Shuttle pilot anyone?) but I don't count on that happening this soon.

Printed head would be fine tbh but that mud trooper is too good to not make an iteration of

The mud trooper to me has a more imperial army look to it than stormtrooper. Both the chest plate and helmet look more like what General Veers put on for the battle of Hoth than a variant of stormtrooper.  Maybe we are gonna finally see some more non stormtrooper troops in action. 

17 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Given the latest character reveals which include yet another new Stormie type (the Mudtrooper), it's probably become quite unrealistic to still expect all of the remaining key characters to appear in the three summer wave Solo sets. I'd be shocked if we didin't get Enfys Nest (even though I wonder how they'll pull off the helmet with its sharp edges and everything), but I'm not sure about the others :sceptic:Val, Rio and L3-37 are heavily implied to be part of the crew which probably results in quite a bit of screentime, so those three are somewhat likely to appear as well (even though they all should have come in the MF set instead of BB-DB and the Kessel Droid). A minifig version of the Range Trooper used to be a no-brainer too, but now that the Mudtrooper has entered the ring, I'm not too sure any more, I mean the former already has a LEGO representation (albeit in CCBS form). The only remaining main character I don't expect to see this summer is Dryden Vos which is quite ironic given how easily they could translate him into minifig form (no new moulds or recolours required). My main reason for thinking so is the fact the character went through a significant redesign due to the whole recasting process; I doubt they had enough time to redesign his minifig counterpart accordingly :wink: Maybe he'll end up in a polybag the same way DJ did :classic:

I think they may do a Lego Hela from Thor: Ragnarok style of helmet and make it rubber and slightly flexible so it looks accurate and won't break off easy.

42 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Of course we will get Enfys Nest in the summer sets. We will get her in the speeder set.

Who else is in this set?

Also do you know any other details such as the builds and figures in the new Solo sets for Summer?

44 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Of course we will get Enfys Nest in the summer sets. We will get her in the speeder set.

Fantastic news, thanks for the confirmation :thumbup:

Just now, BP VFX said:

I think they may do a Lego Hela from Thor: Ragnarok style of helmet and make it rubber and slightly flexible so it looks accurate and won't break off easy.

Good point, Hela's helmet is a great example :sweet: The main parts of the helmet (including the two "horns") could be realized with regular ABS, but the edges probably work better with slightly rubbery plastic. I think it's either dual-moulded (like the JW dinosaurs that have dual-moulded parts that combine different kinds of plastic) or consists of several parts. I can't think of any existing part that could be used for those sharp edges, so I think it's most realistic to expect a dual-moulded or an entirely rubbery part (fingers crossed for the former) :laugh:

8 minutes ago, BP VFX said:

Who else is in this set?

Also do you know any other details such as the builds and figures in the new Solo sets for Summer?

Details are from the other 2018 star wars page