MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

I do like the Y-wing and if I can get some place to put it, it's definitely a buy for me, but the thing I love the most about the set is the packaging. Namely how it confuses conspiracy theorists, who are still convinced that the next UCS set is always hinted on the box of the current one. :laugh:

49 minutes ago, brobert said:

I do like the Y-wing and if I can get some place to put it, it's definitely a buy for me, but the thing I love the most about the set is the packaging. Namely how it confuses conspiracy theorists, who are still convinced that the next UCS set is always hinted on the box of the current one. :laugh:

Actually, I think a pattern exists for the fall UCS sets. For example, the their was a falcon on the death star (fall set) in 2016, and on the falcon box there was cloud city, which we all know we'll get this year. I don't see a pattern for the may the 4th sets.

19 minutes ago, gvh said:

Actually, I think a pattern exists for the fall UCS sets. For example, the their was a falcon on the death star (fall set) in 2016, and on the falcon box there was cloud city, which we all know we'll get this year. I don't see a pattern for the may the 4th sets.

If people actually believe that then I hope Lego put a Death Star on the Cloud City box just to annoy/confuse people.

The Falcon silhouette was on the DS box as an homage to the scene during the final run as the Falcon shoots the TIE fighter. Cloud City was on the Falcon box as the Falcon is based on ESB (but has TFA figures also to tie in with the sequels). There was a Cloud City on the background of the UCS Slave 1 set and that was a delayed fall set. 75095 TIE was a May release in 2015 but had a Falcon silhouette on it too. May 2013 Red Five had a DSII on it (Even though Red Five was never part of the attack on the second Death Star)... that same DSII was on the Fall 2011 SSD set. DSII also appeared in the background of the UCS B-Wing. But as yet no new DSII. Why is that?! It's been hinted at for years! 

There is no pattern or secret messages in UCS packaging as far as I'm concerned. Anything people find is pure coincidence.

there are also tie fighters and star destroyers and even a death star on the falcon box ... agree it is all pure coincidence. but people will believe whatever they want ...

50 minutes ago, gvh said:

there was cloud city, which we all know we'll get this year.

no, actually we don't all know jack crap ... everything i'm hearing and seeing is pointing to an ISD ... 

The hints are the blacked out silhouettes. Not all the actual box art. Might be nothing, but then why would lego block out that particular craft? Why not exclude it entirely?

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

there are also tie fighters and star destroyers and even a death star on the falcon box ... agree it is all pure coincidence. but people will believe whatever they want ...

no, actually we don't all know jack crap ... everything i'm hearing and seeing is pointing to an ISD ... 

Are you able to share any of what you're hearing and seeing?  Or even hint?  Because I would honestly much rather have an ISD or Corellian Corvette than Cloud City...  Rogue One for the win!
(And just to be clear, I know nothing, and I'm not trying to hint at anything with the bolded letters, which could just as easily be Commander Cody, Chalmun's Cantina, Captain Canady, Command Center, or the initials of the LEGO designer)

Guys, there is a lot of "wish-listing" going on here. There's another thread for wish lists, let's stay on topic here.

1 hour ago, ginja said:

The hints are the blacked out silhouettes. Not all the actual box art. Might be nothing, but then why would lego block out that particular craft? Why not exclude it entirely?

But if you look at the Death Star box art there's a number of blacked out ships - not just the Falcon, there's X-wings, Y-wings, B-wings and TIE Fighters. They're just there to put the set (In this case the DS) in the context of the films.

1 hour ago, RogueTwo said:

Are you able to share any of what you're hearing and seeing?  Or even hint?  Because I would honestly much rather have an ISD or Corellian Corvette than Cloud City...  Rogue One for the win!
(And just to be clear, I know nothing, and I'm not trying to hint at anything with the bolded letters, which could just as easily be Commander Cody, Chalmun's Cantina, Captain Canady, Command Center, or the initials of the LEGO designer)

only that it is to be a star destroyer ... and cc means nothing.

2 hours ago, RogueTwo said:

I would love to get Cloud City set. We only got one Cloud City set, and it was released 15 years ago. Come on, we need it.

Just now, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I would love to get Cloud City set. We only got one Cloud City set, and it was released 15 years ago. Come on, we need it.

'we need it' ?!??!

who's this we ?!??! 

i certainly don't NEED it ... or want it ... tons of stuff i'd like to see before a $600 cloud city ... but i'll save those comments for the future set 'wishlist' thread ...

5 hours ago, Robianco said:

no pattern or secret messages in UCS packaging as far as I'm concerned. Anything people find is pure coincidence.

Yeah, there are some anachronistic surprises, too. Didn't they have the Death Star I on some The Force Awakens Lego packaging a few years ago?? Good times, belly laughs all around. (slide whistle goes down)

Not sure if we've discussed any video reviews of Kessel Run Falcon here... this one is from YouTube's SquirrelStampede. I was planning on only getting the figs but looking at this kit with the brand new, white Falcon bricks and sweet landing gear... the pod in the front can hold minis.... kind of a beaut. Might take the arches out. This is looking more and more like a must buy kit. Just wish it was as big (long) as the previous OT era Falcons.

11 hours ago, Tidy said:

Some very reliable sources have spoken about a cloud city, and lego themselves have made a few blunder's here and there that are heavily leaning towards cloud city. I never said for dead certain we're getting cloud city, but there's a heck of a lot of evidence towards it. More than a star destroyer. If you're going to say otherwise, I think some detail on your commentary is warrented.

However, the guy that pinned down the taj mahal rerelease did say we were getting a star destroyer due for release . . . in february. Point is, rumors aren't always reliable, but some work out while others don't.

6 hours ago, gvh said:

Some very reliable sources have spoken about a cloud city, and lego themselves have made a few blunder's here and there that are heavily leaning towards cloud city. I never said for dead certain we're getting cloud city, but there's a heck of a lot of evidence towards it. More than a star destroyer. If you're going to say otherwise, I think some detail on your commentary is warrented.

However, the guy that pinned down the taj mahal rerelease did say we were getting a star destroyer due for release . . . in february. Point is, rumors aren't always reliable, but some work out while others don't.

The SD release for early this year was never going to happen. The Y-Wing had been confirmed with retail partners long before that rumour ever surfaced. It's pure guesswork for anything else.

7 hours ago, gvh said:

I completely agree with you.  There has been a lot of hints and reliable sources which have said this is coming. Personally I'd be very VERY suprised if the next UCS set isn't Cloud City.  Even Lego hinted it in an official set revail video didn't they? 

On 4/4/2018 at 3:05 PM, gvh said:

Interestingly, all the UCS in high demand, save for a tie bomber and and AT-AT, are from the prequel trilogy. Like previous posts, we won't be getting any until the kids who grow up with the prequels have significant disposable income. My guess is we won't see anything for a while, and that we'd see a UCS from the new trilogy before the prequels. Personally, I'd want a UCS Supremacy, but I don't think we'd get it before we'd get an updated Imperial Star Destroyer. For good reason, too. Like the falcon last year and cloud city this year, it's badly in need of an update. I'm going off to college, and save for the modulars, which I've collected since green grocer (bricklinked cafe corner and market street, have every other one), I think it's the one lego set that I'd be willing to spend money on while foraging for ramen. I think it's the same for many other people, and I'd be willing to bet Lego knows this.

We already do, TPM was almost 20 years ago.

Edited by hachiroku

1 hour ago, hachiroku said:

OMFG, that is shocking to realize *huh*

But yes, I am also of the prequel genearation, and in the past years I've bought on average 1 UCS set and 5-10 higher value sets, so I don't think that's a valid reason.

But we're getting very off topic...:grin:

Edited by brobert

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

I completely agree with you.  There has been a lot of hints and reliable sources which have said this is coming. Personally I'd be very VERY suprised if the next UCS set isn't Cloud City.  Even Lego hinted it in an official set revail video didn't they? 

Yes they did. It was in a lego ideas reveal when none of the contenders won. When the "I am your father" model came up, they said some models are too close to what we're already developing. They've said other little things in other places, too.

2 hours ago, hachiroku said:

Yes and no. Say you were ten then, and now you'd be 29. I would expect someone of this age to be married or close to it, and with a good job and a means to support themselves. However, I wouldn't expect someone of this age to have kids. When that happens, your significant disposable income miraculously disappears. It's only until you've had a kid for a few years can you begin to enjoy certain little things again. I'd say, maybe 35ish. We got another few years, I think. IMOP.

But we're far off topic. How about no early y-wing release for vip's?

Keep in mind Lego tends to switch around releases. The UCS Millennium Falcon 75192 was released before the UCS Y-Wing 75181. I wouldn't be surprised if Cloud City came next year.

So as owner of a 10134 Ywing, but having not built the set yet.................is the new set expected to be even better than the 10134 version?  Should I sell the old version and pick up the new one?  Are both worth building & keeping?  I probably only will need one Ywing for my collection and would just like to build the best one for display.....

4 minutes ago, saxman717 said:

So as owner of a 10134 Ywing, but having not built the set yet.................is the new set expected to be even better than the 10134 version?  Should I sell the old version and pick up the new one?  Are both worth building & keeping?  I probably only will need one Ywing for my collection and would just like to build the best one for display.....

Sell the old one before the price drops too much, and then buy the new Y-Wing.

Look for comparison pics of the two Y-Wings and you'll see that the new one is much, much better and looks almost like an actual studio model.

24 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Sell the old one before the price drops too much, and then buy the new Y-Wing.

Look for comparison pics of the two Y-Wings and you'll see that the new one is much, much better and looks almost like an actual studio model.

Thanks for the tip!  Yes, the new one does look better in many ways.  Are there any competing MOCs to consider that are better than both 10134 and 75181?  I'm aiming to build the best, most realistic Lego models of as many Star Wars vehicles as possible --- in most cases, certain MOCs are the clear winners.

2 hours ago, saxman717 said:

I'd keep both and compare.

Edited by Chill

So the UK shop.lego has all the solo sets as coming soon but clicking on it gives an error. Anyone know when the sets officially release?

39 minutes ago, SCREDEYE said:

So the UK shop.lego has all the solo sets as coming soon but clicking on it gives an error. Anyone know when the sets officially release?

same is on the Czech shop