MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

200$US converted to CAD is about 256$CAD.

The 20$CAD added could be to deal with the CAD's performance lately.

Now, are there any news of Star Wars VIP card promotions???

14 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

200$US converted to CAD is about 256$CAD.

The 20$CAD added could be to deal with the CAD's performance lately.

Now, are there any news of Star Wars VIP card promotions???

Yes, they got canceled due to lack of generosity and fantasy ;)

Another UCS set of no interest to me (I only collect bad guy vehicles and playsets) so money saved - thanks TLG.

Cloud City might be harder to resist if that rumour turns out to be true and it's not another "Insult on Hoth" abomination (Crap City?).

Having just checked out the UCS Y-wing on the other thread, I do like it and it's only $200. It doesn't really seem that much bigger, I guess it's min-figure scale. It is way more detailed though, anyway does anyone know if there are any special new or rare elements included. It actually looks like I have most of it in bins. 

7 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

I really don't like BB-8. It is weird...

I don't much care for BB-8 either.  I didn't mind the character in The Force Awakens, there was a bit of snark there (but I interpreted the flame as giving the finger).  The Last Jedi has BB-8 playing the comic relief role of Jar Jar Binks or that dreadful droid factory sequence from Attack of the Clones.

That said, this is a decent representation of said character.

6 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Yes, they got canceled due to lack of generosity and fantasy ;)

Did they really? I was hoping there'd be promotions for black vip card holders. I did notice how there is no early sale for vip in general, as opposed to last year for snow speeder. I expect that is because of the falcon debacle last fall. It'll be a day one purchase for me, but I expect it'll go fast. I really hope there are some promotions, as I was hoping to get the darth vader pod.

As for the bb8, I was initially very opposed to it, but it actually looks fairly decent. I wish it was the same scale as r2d2 from last year though

Edited by gvh

2 hours ago, Peppybricks said:

So according to Brickvault, the Y-wing is only 7 cm too long to be minifigure scaled. So it’s not that far off.

Minifigure scale is about 1/35 if I am not wrong that is. So its close enough in my mind.

Y- Wing looks fantastic.  However I want something new, the past few UCS sets have all been remakes, and all been original trilogy vehicles.  I love OT vehicles, but I want something new, a UCS set that hasn't been made before.

44 minutes ago, chris592 said:

Y- Wing looks fantastic.  However I want something new, the past few UCS sets have all been remakes, and all been original trilogy vehicles.  I love OT vehicles, but I want something new, a UCS set that hasn't been made before.

this +1

3 minutes ago, Bartybum said:

What I’d give for a Venator Star Destroyer

Venator

Acclamator

lucrehulk

Trade federation MTT

ARC 170

All could be good candidates to make a UCS set IMO.

1 hour ago, Bartybum said:

What I’d give for a Venator Star Destroyer

1 hour ago, chris592 said:

Venator

Acclamator

lucrehulk

Trade federation MTT

ARC 170

All could be good candidates to make a UCS set IMO.

1 hour ago, GryffindorResistance said:

It would really be great to see a large scale, UCS Naboo Starfighter, the size of the Y wing.

Interestingly, all the UCS in high demand, save for a tie bomber and and AT-AT, are from the prequel trilogy. Like previous posts, we won't be getting any until the kids who grow up with the prequels have significant disposable income. My guess is we won't see anything for a while, and that we'd see a UCS from the new trilogy before the prequels. Personally, I'd want a UCS Supremacy, but I don't think we'd get it before we'd get an updated Imperial Star Destroyer. For good reason, too. Like the falcon last year and cloud city this year, it's badly in need of an update. I'm going off to college, and save for the modulars, which I've collected since green grocer (bricklinked cafe corner and market street, have every other one), I think it's the one lego set that I'd be willing to spend money on while foraging for ramen. I think it's the same for many other people, and I'd be willing to bet Lego knows this.

Tie Bomber and AT-AT yes, I would be happy with either of those as a UCS set.  I'm not against them remaking older sets, just been a good few in a row now and i'm excited to see something new.

On 4/3/2018 at 11:05 AM, gvh said:

Where can I find the buildable BB8 for may the 4th?

-removed-

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't post leaked photos

I like the BB-8 and am pretty excited for it.  I guess I'll be up at Midnight to get the Y-Wing and promo.  Great combo to follow the Snow Speeder and R2 last year.

48 minutes ago, Chill said:

I like the BB-8 and am pretty excited for it.  I guess I'll be up at Midnight to get the Y-Wing and promo.  Great combo to follow the Snow Speeder and R2 last year.

Same. I think it'll go really fast. Hopefuly not like saturn v or god forbid the falcon . . .

Bit of a topic diversion, and not sure if it's been discussed already, but I found this which is quite interesting as I was always curious about it.

I was doing some 'research' and watching cutscenes from the old game 'Rebel Assault 2', and came across what could be the influence for the Sandspeeder pilot outfits.

This guy is called Ace Merrick (Yes, Merrick), and is the leader of Rascal squadron. He has a beat up Red Four pilot helmet and a grey suit.

ace_merrick_175.jpg

And following that, I found this guy from the Rebels episode called ...dun dun dun ....'Rebel Assault'. 

rebel_pilots_190.jpg

Not exactly the same, but I think the connection is pretty strong! And I guess they just decided to throw Reys helmet in for good measure! It does make me wonder though if they got the faces mixed up somewhere along the lines pre-photography and one is supposed to represent Ace Merrick and the other Dosmit Ræh.

Edited by Catanas

9 hours ago, chris592 said:

Supremacy would be incredible :wub:

17 hours ago, gvh said:

Did they really? I was hoping there'd be promotions for black vip card holders. I did notice how there is no early sale for vip in general, as opposed to last year for snow speeder. I expect that is because of the falcon debacle last fall. It'll be a day one purchase for me, but I expect it'll go fast. I really hope there are some promotions, as I was hoping to get the darth vader pod.

As for the bb8, I was initially very opposed to it, but it actually looks fairly decent. I wish it was the same scale as r2d2 from last year though

Did you not see the wink at the end? he was joking.

Edited by Andyperkins

I quite like that BB8, it'll look great next to the R2 from last year. My fiance also wants one to go with her UCS BB8, then she'll have BB8 at 3 different scales!

Anyone else disappointed by the fact that the front and sides of the Y-Wing aren’t as flat and pancake-y as the real thing?

Edited by Bartybum