MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

4 hours ago, Whovastron said:

This set does look great, if it scales well to the X-Wing, A-Wing and Falcon it’s definitly a day 1 purchase for me. But I can’t help but be disappointed at another repeat.

the Falcon made sense, it’s posisbly the most infamous UCS set and the most sought after, and it was a 10th anniversary of its release. But the Snowspeeder and this just don’t make much sense, wouldn’t a repeat of the ISD or Blockade Runner make more sense?

anyway, with all these repeats, I hope for the Tydirium again

I think the shuttle is more likely to be re-released than be remade

May Lego calendar should get released any day/minute now. Recently they’ve been making rounds on the 1st day of the month prior. Then all our questions will be answered! :devil:

43 minutes ago, thorin said:

May Lego calendar should get released any day/minute now. Recently they’ve been making rounds on the 1st day of the month prior. Then all our questions will be answered! :devil:

Brickfan.com are usually the first uploading them; I hope it showcases that damn May the 4th exclusive figure.

I liked that they did something different last year with a buildable R2-D2, very nice model, but I would prefer something from the expanded universe better or an obscure character. 

As long as we don't get something akin to the first order trooper from 2016 I'll be happy. 

Edited by RetroInferno

47 minutes ago, thorin said:

Probably tomorrow, or in 2 days.

50 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I liked that they did something different last year with a buildable R2-D2, very nice model, but I would prefer something from the expanded universe better or an obscure character. 

We still haven’t seen Saw Gerrera.

I’m just hoping for a Last Jedi Lego movie poster to go with the other 7 they made... I’m still disappointed we never got a rogue one movie style poster. If they end up making episode 1 through 7 collectible posters and then stop after the force awakens, I’ll be pretty disappointed. It’s such an easy freebie for them to throw in. I doubt it costs them more than 15 cents each in bulk...

16 minutes ago, thorin said:

We still haven’t seen Saw Gerrera.

I’m just hoping for a Last Jedi Lego movie poster to go with the other 7 they made... I’m still disappointed we never got a rogue one movie style poster. If they end up making episode 1 through 7 collectible posters and then stop after the force awakens, I’ll be pretty disappointed. It’s such an easy freebie for them to throw in. I doubt it costs them more than 15 cents each in bulk...

Honestly I feel like it's gotta be Solo related if anything. 

Or it's gonna be that DJ polybag that was exlusive to Toys R Us in the USA. 

18 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Credit to 247 figures on instagram but the may the 4th promo is a buildable bb-8 similar to the R2D2 we got last year 

*screams in pillow*

1 hour ago, Falconfan1414 said:

Credit to 247 figures on instagram but the may the 4th promo is a buildable bb-8 similar to the R2D2 we got last year 

Thanks for the heads up, but all I can find is a gym in Tacoma? Guess I'm doing something wrong?

3 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

*screams in pillow*

I agree with you there

3 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

I really hope you're wrong, but it sounds like what they would do

13 hours ago, Whovastron said:

This set does look great, if it scales well to the X-Wing, A-Wing and Falcon it’s definitly a day 1 purchase for me. But I can’t help but be disappointed at another repeat.

the Falcon made sense, it’s posisbly the most infamous UCS set and the most sought after, and it was a 10th anniversary of its release. But the Snowspeeder and this just don’t make much sense, wouldn’t a repeat of the ISD or Blockade Runner make more sense?

anyway, with all these repeats, I hope for the Tydirium again

Same for me, someone who came in from the Dark Ages 4 years ago, apart from Slave 1 and UCS MF not feeling like these other UCS are must buys. I like the minifig scale or large ships for display purposes.

For the TIE fighter, X-Wing, Y-Wing and Snowspeeder more than happy with the System sets. Plus the amount of stickers on the UCS Snowspeeder seemed very poor to me.

I am quite surprised we haven’t got a re-released UCS Star Destroyer.

I personally would love a UCS re-released Blockade Runner, Imperial Shuttle or a display Death Star , ala the UCS Death Star 2.

6 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

*screams in pillow*

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced."

In all seriousness, I'll withhold judgement until I see the build. I ended up being pretty impressed with last years R2-D2 build...

Edited by thorin

Thanks for reminding me why I skipped May the 4th last year, no minifig. I couldn't remember what sets I got (if any) but didn't think I missed out on an exclusive minifig.

Pass again this year perhaps

I hope this mini buildable BB-8 scales well with the constraction figures. R2 was nice but he was too small for that purpose, though he did scale well with UCS sets like Obi-Wan's JSF and the Snowspeeder.

12 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

If it scales well with last year R2, then it would be a nice addition. Specially if it has some moving parts. Let's see.

2 hours ago, dvogon said:

If it scales well with last year R2, then it would be a nice addition. Specially if it has some moving parts. Let's see.

I only hope that the "main ball" does look a bit more like a ball instead of like the Toys R Us Version.

And of course it should have printed pieces.

17 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

April fools?!

3 minutes ago, Theemp1re said:

A buildable BB-8 for May the 4th is enough to turn me into a Ninjago fan

:laugh:

Let´s see. I hope that there is a second May-the-fourth-polybag for Millenium Falcon VIP-card-owners (hopefully a minifigure).

54 minutes ago, Theemp1re said:

A buildable BB-8 for May the 4th is enough to turn me into a Ninjago fan

You joke, but the lacklustre system sets that  look like they've been pumped out purely to slap a high price on with bits thrown in and some unique minifigs for the main draw already threw me off star wars  and yes, I've bought some ninjago :laugh:

The dragon mech was actually really nice,with some impressive detailing, really good price, and garmaddons mech is also really good. 

Ive wanted to bricklink the old ucs y wing for quite some time now, just never could bring myself to throw down around 300 or more, for it. 

The new set looks quite impressive from just that one picture, I know it'll satisfy my urge to bricklink the older one if I get the new one, especially as it's my second favourite ship. I'm really glad they have re-release it, but also sad. I really want to see something new now. 

Didn't get anything last May 4th as the freebie didn't excite at all. If it is the BB-8, it'll be even less interesting as I went to the TRU build day for it & the appearance of printing won't make it any more enticing.