MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

On 28/3/2018 at 7:30 PM, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

Very unfortunate indeed. The bubble concept from the Tie Prototype or the Tie Advanced looked better than this. Worst part though are the exposed studs :wacko:
If it wasn't for the interesting minifigures and printed capes, I'd be 0 interested in the set.

I just saw the TIE review from Jangbricks. The set is a step backwards from the FO TIE and the other TIEs (Striker, Advanced, Prototype). Cannot understand the use on the top of the small dish from the old 9492 TIE. The way it's done makes the frontal window too big compared to the rest of the fuselage. The back of the TIE isn't particularly compelling and the back of the panels haven't been improved neither.

Apart from the minifigs, the best usage of this set is to get parts to make TIE mocs :sceptic:

Edited by dvogon

I really hope the rumoured Y-wing materialises for May 4th - i’ve been waiting patiently to complete my non-capital ship UCS collection for years. Love the look of the old one and hope they keep that intricate engine detailing.

Following on from that, a UCS ISD or blockade runner would do very nicely to start bulking out the Capital ship collection :)

4 hours ago, adam1210leg said:

Y-Wing found at Lego Store in Poland:

The page has been taken down :(

Edited by MKJoshA
Please don't quote links for leaks

Eurobricks doesn't usually allow leaked set pics but I'm guessng the poster above is OK as it' being sold in an actual Lego store! Looks like a nice set, any idea of price? I think I read €199.99 somewhere but I would prefer if it was a little less!

4 hours ago, adam1210leg said:

Y-Wing found at Lego Store in Poland:

Then it must be released in may

Edited by MKJoshA
Don't quote links for leaks

Looks like the UCS Millenium Falcon box art will be the box art for every new UCS set and not -as I thought- exclusive for 75192.

I´m glad about this because I really love this box art.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

1 minute ago, RealGeronimo11 said:

What does this mean about the rumoured Cloud City?

Nothing. It was always rumoured to be the second 2018 UCS release.

That's a classy looking set, and definitely a day one purchase for me! :wub:

It's odd that it's been 'revealed' in this manner - I was getting slightly worried that they'd delayed it. 

Please be a fully printed canopy piece, please be a fully printed canopy piece.

The end side of the nacelles looks like a lot of weight to be supported by 4 beams, it all seems to be brick built, I wonder what Lego magic is behind this.

The greebling looks insanely detailed too. 

Definitly grabbing this, my UCS TIE needs a friend :classic:

2 minutes ago, Lobot said:

That's a classy looking set, and definitely a day one purchase for me! :wub:

It's odd that it's been 'revealed' in this manner - I was getting slightly worried that they'd delayed it. 

I agree. It looks great! Assuming it’s available for May 4th I hope the promotion for it is equally impressive (i.e. not the DJ polybag).

13 minutes ago, Wonderpants said:

Would a UCS set actually make it to shelves without any official confirmation or pictures though?

It's happened in the past - 75058 was spotted in a store before we'd heard any rumours about it.  And, if I recall correctly, there was a similar screw-up with 75159 which was seen being built in a LEGO store prior to it being officially launched.

If it's a fake, they've gone to a lot of trouble - it looks far too good to be anything but legit.

Does this put a bolt in the back of the head of the continual mentions of it being a Star Destroyer ‘because of the silhouette’? Finally?

The style of box art looks really good, the set information and logos being presented at the sides makes it look a lot neater. Definitely a Day 1 purchase. 

First, please don't post links of something that could be considered by Lego to be a leak! You can tell people where to find it, but we don't want Eurobricks.com to be one of the leading pages for clicking through to a leak. Lego will get un-happy with us and we'll lose the ability to offer free sets for contests.

3 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Please be a fully printed canopy piece, please be a fully printed canopy piece.

It looks exactly like the printed canopy from the Rogue One Y-Wing set.

1 hour ago, Robianco said:

Does this put a bolt in the back of the head of the continual mentions of it being a Star Destroyer ‘because of the silhouette’? Finally?

Unfortunately no. Remember that the justification for this "evidence" is the UCS Death Star re-release with a Falcon silhouette on the box, followed by the UCS Falcon a year later. The Snowspeeder actually came in between those sets, so those intent to believe the Star Destroyer is coming will say this fits the same pattern.

Edited by jdubbs