MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

8 minutes ago, fleetwoodd said:

not quite! plain black legs. but otherwise, I agree it's a clever recycling of the parts. I wonder how accurate it'll end up being on screen.

right you are ... i forgot that the imperial ground crew has printed legs ... i don't think that it will be very accurate as the back printing on the ground crew is meant to replicate the light wands they use when guiding in aircraft ... though who knows for sure right now ... but regardless, i dig the fig ... lol ...

44 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

Yepp! Quay got printing on the back as well!

And I agree, on the same level as the first R1 wave of 2016

this wave has me really stoked for the summer sets too ... really hopeful they continue on at this level after the lackluster last jedi [imho] waves ... thanks for confirming quay, i thought so, but wasn't 100% confident this morning to say without a doubt ... 

Actually the imperial emigration officer has a bit different torso (on the back too) than the imperial ground crew. Btw I really like it and will be very useful in the future. :wink:

2018-03-26 (2).pngP1017016.JPG

Edited by Gubi0222

16 minutes ago, Gubi0222 said:

Actually the imperial emigration officer has a bit different torso (on the back too) than the imperial ground crew. Btw I really like it and will be very useful in the future. :wink:

well i'll be buggered ... just enough to make it totally different ... now i need to go home and check out the back printing ... a cursory glance had me totally convinced it was the same.

back printing is new too! looks like they used the same base design but changed it up, like the front ... so cool ... i am even more excited about these ladies !!! i did take one of the ones i have and stuck an at-st driver head on it ... 

Edited by Tidy
searched out 2 images.

5 hours ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

Concerning the Throne room set having a apparently bad piece to price ratio, maybe there are some expensive elements included. Like, they actually have a large red cloth element behind the throne. Dunno, just an unlikely guess...

Huh. I'd never thought of that- a cloth piece would be really cool for that set. IMO, a brick built curtain would just be an eyesore unless TLG went all in with tiles (which I don't see happening). Here's hoping, at least.

55 minutes ago, Tidy said:

well i'll be buggered ... just enough to make it totally different ... now i need to go home and check out the back printing ... a cursory glance had me totally convinced it was the same.

back printing is new too! looks like they used the same base design but changed it up, like the front ... so cool ... i am even more excited about these ladies !!! i did take one of the ones i have and stuck an at-st driver head on it ... 

I thought the only change was the pin location on the belt but yeah there's a couple things here and there. 

I think Lego missed a nice the oppurtunity with this one by giving angry clone heads to these storm troopers instead of head variants that could be used for the other mini-figs, like a male face with chin strap and another officer face.

As it stands right now this BP isn't really massable, one can only have so many brown hair mustachoed officer. 

Which leads me to this question, why does Lego even bothers printing ''Angry Clone'' heads? Everyone is clearly sick of them (they have been included in 84 since 2013), it's not even a displayable head outside of the realm of hiding it as fast as possible under an helmet and Lego could save the tame it took printing billions of them and simply put a black generic head, or a cowl + printed head. 

23 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

I thought the only change was the pin location on the belt but yeah there's a couple things here and there. 

I think Lego missed a nice the oppurtunity with this one by giving angry clone heads to these storm troopers instead of head variants that could be used for the other mini-figs, like a male face with chin strap and another officer face.

As it stands right now this BP isn't really massable, one can only have so many brown hair mustachoed officer. 

Which leads me to this question, why does Lego even bothers printing ''Angry Clone'' heads? Everyone is clearly sick of them (they have been included in 84 since 2013), it's not even a displayable head outside of the realm of hiding it as fast as possible under an helmet and Lego could save the tame it took printing billions of them and simply put a black generic head, or a cowl + printed head. 

i guess i'm one of the few, i don't mind the angry clone face, whereas i hate the all black head and the cheesy crappy looking happy face printed on the black head ...  i can count on one hand the number of stormtroopers i display sans helmet and i have 100's of them ... and i think the battle pack is very massable, getting a new rank for an officer is huge, and heads are cheap enough to get ... i definitely plan on getting 10-20 more of this battle pack ...

41 minutes ago, RetroInferno said:

They wouldn't include different faces fir all the Stormtroopers and Clones. If they would make another face, after year people would be sick of them once again. I don't mind angry clone faces.

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

i guess i'm one of the few, i don't mind the angry clone face,

I actually prefer the angry clone face.  It seems wasteful (to me, at least) to have a unique face print hidden behind a helmet.

5 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

They continue to print the same head because it looks better to kids then a plain black head, and it's cost efficient to reuse a mold.

And honestly, i think they're fine, they are meant for clones who all look the same after all.

32 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

And honestly, i think they're fine, they are meant for clones who all look the same after all.

get ready ... here come the 'stormtroopers aren't clones' replies ... lol ... 

I wouldn't mind the angry clone head if it were totally hidden by helmets, but it's not. On stormtroopers you can still see the flesh color where there should be black. If they just had black printing or something covering the neck area I wouldn't mind, but I hate seeing the neck like that. It's even worse with TIE pilots, where the entire back of the head is visible. As seen in Rebels (and kind of in ANH), stormtroopers just have black collars, while TIE pilots actually wear balaclavas. Now, I actually like the old clone head, since we see many clones without helmets, but angry clone head for stormtroopers just bothers me.

I would prefer just black plain heads. But i suppose lego feels that kids may want faces under the helmets, and those printed faces on the black heads never really turned out well...

On another not, i find it interesting how the Mud stormtrooper has a additional amour plat on the top of their helmet. I seems to be replicating the armour plates the German troops would place on their helmets during the First World War. Similar clips and everything...

14 hours ago, Tidy said:

get ready ... here come the 'stormtroopers aren't clones' replies ... lol ... 

I know they aren't, the heads weren't created for the stormtroopers though. They first appeared in 2013 with the Attack of the Clones sets. I think lego just thought it was most cost efficient to release them on stormtroopers as well.

On ‎24‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 11:50 PM, RogueRecon said:

Possibly. I’ve also seen rumours that it’s releasing in July, too. Just have to wait and see

75144 was unveiled on 24th March last year, so they're cutting it fine if it's scheduled for release on 4th May :look:

The first leaked images of the 75144 box appeared on 15th February, so TLG have either got a lot better at security or the rumoured delays could be correct.  I guess it could be a result of the limited availability of the UCS Falcon - perhaps they've decided to focus production on that for a few months.  It's a bit of a shame if true, as I've been looking forward to ordering the new Y Wing on 4th May (assuming it does exist!). 

22 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

75230 Porg will cost 69.99 EUR and will be available from October.

That is cheaper than BB-8. I hope it looks great.

29 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

That is cheaper than BB-8. I hope it looks great.

If they are intended to be to-scale with the bb8, it would probably land it around this price point, correct? Aren’t the porgs 1/2 to 1/3 the size of bb8? Or am I wrong on that?

54 minutes ago, Lobot said:

It's a bit of a shame if true, as I've been looking forward to ordering the new Y Wing on 4th May (assuming it does exist!). 

I have definitely the same intention. Maybe the store calendar for May provides some more information. Last year it was published by the 4th of April.

Is there any information about the May the 4th promo? Hopefully not DJ! :(

14 minutes ago, OrangeChiliPeP said:

I have definitely the same intention. Maybe the store calendar for May provides some more information. Last year it was published by the 4th of April.

Is there any information about the May the 4th promo? Hopefully not DJ! :(

If it doesn’t exist, then there will be so many unanswered questions. Why is this the only May the 4th with no new set? What is 75181? Is the ucs line even continuing ect. This whole situation is really confusing 

40 minutes ago, thorin said:

If they are intended to be to-scale with the bb8, it would probably land it around this price point, correct? Aren’t the porgs 1/2 to 1/3 the size of bb8? Or am I wrong on that?

You are not wrong. They are something like 4/7 of BB-8's size.

3 hours ago, Lobot said:

75144 was unveiled on 24th March last year, so they're cutting it fine if it's scheduled for release on 4th May :look:

The first leaked images of the 75144 box appeared on 15th February, so TLG have either got a lot better at security or the rumoured delays could be correct.  I guess it could be a result of the limited availability of the UCS Falcon - perhaps they've decided to focus production on that for a few months.  It's a bit of a shame if true, as I've been looking forward to ordering the new Y Wing on 4th May (assuming it does exist!). 

It would be ironic and very sad if the TLG didn’t release a UCS SW set for May 4th for that reason. The one date in 2018 that I’ve been hopeful the black VIP is actually worth the plastic they used to print it is May 4th! 

14 minutes ago, Markalus said:

It would be ironic and very sad if the TLG didn’t release a UCS SW set for May 4th for that reason. The one date in 2018 that I’ve been hopeful the black VIP is actually worth the plastic they used to print it is May 4th! 

Don't worry, there will be a double VIP points again soon ;)

2 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

Don't worry, there will be a double VIP points again soon ;)

In the age of regular 20-30% discounts on amazon and other retailers, 2x vip without a promo doesn’t really cut it