MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 hours ago, Gubi0222 said:

Lego just posted this video, unfortunately it's not a real stop-motion like the older ones, but Is it a possible throne room set hint or even a Canto set with that new fathier?

Like all the others I also think, that we´ll get these Molded Fathiers in the near future and I also think that the video shows parts of the Throne Room Set, because: If they would use these animated parts and figures only for this clip, they would have also used better Canto Bight Police Officers in the clip.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

3 hours ago, Gubi0222 said:

Lego just posted this video, unfortunately it's not a real stop-motion like the older ones, but Is it a possible throne room set hint or even a Canto set with that new fathier?

I want Luke's home on Tatooine

(nice little set like the coming Yoda Hut) and the I am your father scene could be a part from a CC UCS.

I love Praetorian Guard minifigures! They are amazing, and based of my favorite Praetorian design. 

Fathier looks awesome. I love it.

So one set will be Throne Room. I hope it looks just like the one in the video. It is perfect.

And probably the second set will be Fathier chase, with Finn, Rose, BB-8 and Policeman plus Fathier and Police speeder. We have seen all of this.

Wow, that Praetorian Guard design looks fantastic, hopefully they're representative of what we're getting in the actual set :thumbup: I especially like the helmet, the armour and the clever builds for the weapons (red lightsaber hilts ahoy!) :classic: Too bad though we'll only be getting one of the three helmet designs by the looks of it (and judging by some vague descriptions we've heard previously). Getting all three in one set would be a ludicrous thing to expect, but I was hoping for two (the other one being the design the Constraction fig was based on). The only way to ever get the other one(s) would be a battlepack, the likelyhood of which is hard to judge :sceptic:

12 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

Does anyone know whether the new skirt pieces are the same height as standard legs?

they are the same height.

1 minute ago, ThousandMoon said:

Excellent, pleased about that! Thanks..

i really like them myself ... and can see getting quite a few of them in black for other figs ... and not a problem ...

6 minutes ago, Tidy said:

i really like them myself ... and can see getting quite a few of them in black for other figs ... and not a problem ...

They'll be so much better than the 65 slope for many a figure - a very welcome and overdue mould!! :)

6 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

They'll be so much better than the 65 slope for many a figure - a very welcome and overdue mould!! :)

agreed.

On 3/20/2018 at 9:18 AM, Panthro said:

I'd buy that for a dollar!!

On 3/20/2018 at 4:47 PM, Azani said:

deleted

Edited by Sir von Lego

18 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Great idea, but it won’t be Daisey, but a porg..

75230 I think

Ok. Thank you for the clarification.

Now do you know anything about what the 75222 CC might be? :classic:

37 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

75230 I think

Is it possible that it's actually 75203? That set is rumored to be a $30 - $40 retail exclusive with 255 pieces, which sounds about right for a brick-built Porg (especially if it's to scale with BB-8).

Aww man I hope the Porg isn’t the replacement for the Clone Wars CCBS sets - that would suck hard for us prequel lovers

Edited by Bartybum

11 hours ago, Bantha Fodder said:

Ok. Thank you for the clarification.

Now do you know anything about what the 75222 CC might be? :classic:

Man, I want to live in suspense! :) I suspect that he'd have shared any details that he had by this point in time, if he was willing to do so.

10 hours ago, Commodore Thrawn said:

Is it possible that it's actually 75203? That set is rumored to be a $30 - $40 retail exclusive with 255 pieces, which sounds about right for a brick-built Porg (especially if it's to scale with BB-8).

I don't know anything about Porg/75230, but I don't think that that's what 75203 is.

I guess some kind of UCS buildable porg will sell like hot cakes. Remember how successfully BB-8 is as a set. IMO they hit the right price point for these sets implied the porg is also about 100€/$. Not as much like the regular UCS sets. 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

15 hours ago, Bartybum said:

Aww man I hope the Porg isn’t the replacement for the Clone Wars CCBS sets - that would suck hard for us prequel lovers

Yeah that'd really be a slap in the face. I'm still not sure if I believe it but if it's true about the constraction sets I'll be pretty unhappy. It was the last thing we had that was remotely Bionicle-like. I'm worried they're going to stop making large buildable action figures all-together. 

18 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Great idea, but it won’t be Daisey, but a porg..

I know it's a matter of taste, but I would have selected 10 out of 10 times BB-9E as an UCS-like $100 set instead of a porg.

Edited by dvogon

A BB-9E is way too similar too the existing BB-8 though. It is not nearly as iconic but it would conflict with BB-8’s sales.

9 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

Yeah that'd really be a slap in the face. I'm still not sure if I believe it but if it's true about the constraction sets I'll be pretty unhappy. It was the last thing we had that was remotely Bionicle-like. I'm worried they're going to stop making large buildable action figures all-together. 

It’d be a hyperspace jump to the face more like.

Constraction would be fine if it weren’t for the Disney tax.

Edited by MKJoshA
Language!

On 3/20/2018 at 5:17 PM, ThousandMoon said:

one more thing to note about the new dress/skirt piece ... the pegs on top are not normal studs, they are just like the pegs on standard legs and there is rounding on almost all surfaces/corners except the front which is flat ... 

i can't tell you how good this piece looks on the new solo figs, especially when printed like moloch and quay ... the barriss offee skirt is plain black, which will definitely come in handy in bulk ... =]]

Summer Wave US MSRP:

SET    MSRP [USD] PIECE COUNT

75213    $ 39.99           307

75214    $ 19.99           247

75215    $ 29.99           355

75216    $ 69.99           492

75217    $ 89.99           622

75218    $ 79.99           731

75219    $ 99.99           829

75220    $139.99        1239