MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

3 hours ago, Tidy said:

pretty sure that TLG isn't checking lists like father christmas ... their target market is gonna lap that one up ...

Fine for that target market if the price point is right...

4 hours ago, Brickweiser said:

Count me in. My son will be excited to hear this as well.

I'm just about to break the news to my son - here goes...

Raised eyebrows, big eyes and an ooooo!

1 hour ago, Darth Malgus said:

Fine for that target market if the price point is right...

Not acceptable if it's the reason CCBS is cancelled or if it's the second UCS slot this year

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

Not acceptable if it's the reason CCBS is cancelled or if it's the second UCS slot this year

I think this might be our replacement for the cancelled CCBS sets since it's essentially a "figure" and we haven't heard of it until now for the cancellation occurred rather recently from what we can gather. However, it's certainly not the reason for the cancellation and it definitely won't replace a UCS set, I mean look at the BB-8 set: it didn't replace other sets and it wasn't officially a UCS set either :wink:

1 minute ago, Lego-Freak said:

I think this might be our replacement for the cancelled CCBS sets since it's essentially a "figure" and we haven't heard of it until now for the cancellation occurred rather recently from what we can gather. However, it's certainly not the reason for the cancellation and it definitely won't replace a UCS set, I mean look at the BB-8 set: it didn't replace other sets and it wasn't officially a UCS set either :wink:

True but I'd rather get my super battle droid and ATRT over a brickbuilt porg

3 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

1 hour ago, Lego-Freak said:

What does CCBS stand for?  I do hope it's not Cloud City that has been canceled?!

16 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

What does CCBS stand for?  I do hope it's not Cloud City that has been canceled?!

there's really no proof of a cloud city in order to get canceled ... a couple people see CC in a random description leak and holy balls there's now a new cloud city and you tube goes nuts and now it's an effin fact ... i'm gonna laugh when the new star destroyer shows up in october as the fall UCS ...

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

there's really no proof of a cloud city in order to get canceled ... a couple people see CC in a random description leak and holy balls there's now a new cloud city and you tube goes nuts and now it's an effin fact ... i'm gonna laugh when the new star destroyer shows up in october as the fall UCS ...

Im not saying this as any proof, but there will be two years since last location based ucs playset, so therefore CC feels more likely

Lego just posted this video, unfortunately it's not a real stop-motion like the older ones, but Is it a possible throne room set hint or even a Canto set with that new fathier?

Edited by Gubi0222

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

I hope that the Star Destroyer shows up..... but not at all confident 

18 minutes ago, Gubi0222 said:

Lego just posted this video, unfortunately it's not a real stop-motion like the older ones, but Is it a possible throne room set hint or even a Canto set with that new fathier?

I think that those are at least the real praetorians

probably the fathier as well

Those Praetorians and the Fathier are most likely what the figures will look like. They are made in a very logical Lego manner. 

If they were merely made for the animation you would think they would've had the different kinds of Praetorians.

Not thrilled that their legs are the new dress piece though. I would've preferred Red legs with printing and cloth skirts. Although those skirts would work for the Emperor's Royal Guards as well.

Edited by Forresto

28 minutes ago, Forresto said:

Those Praetorians and the Fathier are most likely what the figures will look like. They are made in a very logical Lego manner. 

If they were merely made for the animation you would think they would've had the different kinds of Praetorians.

Not thrilled that their legs are the new dress piece though. I would've preferred Red legs with printing and cloth skirts. Although those skirts would work for the Emperor's Royal Guards as well.

I agree with that

2 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So according to Lego world club 2 the porg Set is fake 

I'd rather trust Sir von Lego than a self-proclaimed lego world club I've never even heard of :laugh:

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Haha, ah, well...

Since there wasn't really any evidence to show that it ever was planned, it can't really be canceled.

You might say that it was "Cloud City Bull S___. :P

Yeah, as @Tommy_Hewitt said, 'CCBS" is the term used to describe the usual building system that TLG's constraction figures utilize. Man, it would really suck if those never saw any sort of release...

This is just a guess, going off of what SvL said, but could 75222 CC = 75222 "Cute Creature"? Maybe that's what our October UCS is... The May one is definitely a Y-Wing.

20 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I'd rather trust Sir von Lego than a self-proclaimed lego world club I've never even heard of :laugh:

Exactly. I have heard of them, but the track record of Sir von Lego suggests that he is correct. That said, he doesn't explictly claim that it's a Porg; he just strongly implies as much.

Edited by Azani

14 minutes ago, Azani said:

This is just a guess, going off of what SvL said, but could 75222 CC = 75222 "Cute Creature"? Maybe that's what our October UCS is... The May one is definitely a Y-Wing.

Isn't the "CC set" supposed to cost 500$? Porg toys usually sell like hotcakes but probably not at that price point :tongue: Besides, SvL stated it would be a non-UCS set à la BB-8 :wink:

Edited by Lego-Freak

3 hours ago, Tommy_Hewitt said:

17 minutes ago, Azani said:

Haha, ah, well...

Since there wasn't really any evidence to show that it ever was planned, it can't really be canceled.

You might say that it was "Cloud City Bull S___. :P

Yeah, as @Tommy_Hewitt said, 'CCBS" is the term used to describe the usual building system that TLG's constraction figures utilize. Man, it would really suck if those never saw any sort of release...

Exactly. I have heard of them, but the track record of Sir von Lego sugge

Cheers guys!  

Well I know it's not concrete information regarding Cloud City but I believe we have had it confirmed from a reliable source have we not? 

5 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Isn't the "CC set" supposed to cost 500$? Porg toys usually sell like hotcakes but probably not at that price point :tongue: Besides, SvL stated it would be a non-UCS set à la BB-8 :wink:

More like $600. Yeah, I definitely don't think that it's super likely, but it's a possibility. :)

I was mostly joking, to be honest.

Just now, Legoman123 said:

Well I know it's not concrete information regarding Cloud City but I believe we have had it confirmed from a reliable source have we not? 

Nope.

18 minutes ago, Azani said:

From the way Sir von Lego said it I don't think its gonna be a UCS.

17 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

We will see a buildable “UCS-like set” (like BB-8) this year, comes from E VIII and is quite cute and famous.

Also  I know a Porg is the obvious one but they're are others that could fit that description.

1 hour ago, Gubi0222 said:

I love those guard designs. :wub:

That scene was the best in the film and it would probably be my first last Jedi set because it's the main thing from the movie that I'd one a set of. 

Just now, Agent Kallus said:

From the way Sir von Lego said it I don't think its gonna be a UCS.

Also  I know a Porg is the obvious one but they're are others that could fit that description.

Just to clarify, as I said above, I was kind of kidding. That said, I hadn't read SvL's post in detail; thank you for the heads-up on that one.

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Gubi0222 said:

Those Praetorian guards look awful, it looked like they had slopes for legs, instead of the normal minifigure legs, bleh

Now here is a stupid idea that is almost 100% wrong but what if the cute famous bb-8 like thing was a brick built ghost Yoda, wouldn't that be something. :yoda:

33 minutes ago, Azani said:

Just to clarify, as I said above, I was kind of kidding. That said, I hadn't read SvL's post in detail; thank you for the heads-up on that one.

Ha, no problem, a huge ucs porg probably wouldn't make alot of people here very happy though :laugh:.