MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

5 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

Its proportions make it look more like a SW Rebels TIE Fighter.

That's a bit unfortunate. SW Rebels has some interesting designs, but its interpretation of an OT TIE Fighter isn't one of them. :sceptic:

8 hours ago, Markypops said:

For those of us that live in the UK, it looks like we are getting the DJ minifig in a promotion with Tesco. The number 40298 has appeared on Tesco's database along with GWP in the description, which I can only assume means Gift With Purchase. I have no dates or any other info on how it will work but as soon as I hear or see anything I will let you guys know. I would personally assume it will have something to do with the Solo releases or May 4th. Might be a promo pick up that was due to go to Toys'R'Us but has been giving to Tesco due to recent events.

Definitely have to keep a close eye on this. Don't want to miss out as I never managed to get the shoretrooper. 

2 hours ago, Richpepperell said:

Definitely have to keep a close eye on this. Don't want to miss out as I never managed to get the shoretrooper. 

Getting those shore trooper polybags was absurdly difficult here. You had to pray that there were enough polybags for the whole county :|

If anyone was lukewarm about the 75205 cantina and didnt buy one it's now or never it seems. 

Toys R US are out of stock in the US, they are currently 20% off in Canada.

It really seems it's gonna get discountinued fast, Raptor Escape remembers. 

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

If anyone was lukewarm about the 75205 cantina and didnt buy one it's now or never it seems. 

Why would they? It's still sold in lego stores

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

Is the cantina exclusive in der US too? In Germany the set is only available at TRU & Shop@H.

It's a Toys R Us exclusive yes, at least in the US and in Canada.

They have a history of extremly short shelf life in a lot of cases, so I'd buy one now unless you want to pay double the MSRP in 2 weeks. 

It's also double VIP time on the online shop if you can't find anything better. 

Edited by RetroInferno

I doubt they are going to force retire the cantina just because TRU is going under. Regardless of the retailer, Lego still sells all exclusives through their own web-store.  Unless someone's got direct confirm that TRU exclusives are getting axed, the notion is just wild speculation. 

2 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

We will see a buildable “UCS-like set” (like BB-8) this year, comes from E VIII and is quite cute and famous.

PORG!

lol ... 

1 hour ago, Sir von Lego said:

We will see a buildable “UCS-like set” (like BB-8) this year, comes from E VIII and is quite cute and famous.

That'll be great if they pull it off well! Ucs R2 and BB are on the select shelf of kits my wife likes to have in the living room. A 'cute' set in the same vein would make an interesting addition, and be sure to be one of her favorites! As long as they make it look right...the pixelated look will be trickier to pull off than with the droids. Thanks for the heads up!

On 3/18/2018 at 2:56 PM, RetroInferno said:

It's a Toys R Us exclusive yes, at least in the US and in Canada.

They have a history of extremly short shelf life in a lot of cases, so I'd buy one now unless you want to pay double the MSRP in 2 weeks. 

It's also double VIP time on the online shop if you can't find anything better. 

I can’t see this being double even on the secondary even a year from now. It’s practically a reprint of the 2014 set with some differences. 

4 minutes ago, HawkLord said:

I can’t see this being double even on the secondary even a year from now. It’s practically a reprint of the 2014 set with some differences. 

Wuher and that Sand Trooper alone are gonna get sold at least 15-20$ on the after market once the set retires.  

The amount people charge for that sandtrooper in the 2014 cantina is obscenly high. 

2 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Really...

As cute as they were, apart from the little builds in both Ach-To Training and the UCS MF these aren't needed...

1 hour ago, RetroInferno said:

Wuher and that Sand Trooper alone are gonna get sold at least 15-20$ on the after market once the set retires.  

The amount people charge for that sandtrooper in the 2014 cantina is obscenly high. 

The 2014 Sandtrooper AND Dewback only go for $20ish. I just don’t encourage a “buy now quick!” mentality with Lego these days. 

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

I'd buy a Lego Porg for a 100 bucks...

3 minutes ago, Forresto said:

I'd buy a Lego Porg for a 100 bucks...

Me too.

I think there are other things they could do prior to a set like this, pretty sure there are a list of sets people are crying out for...

32 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

I think there are other things they could do prior to a set like this, pretty sure there are a list of sets people are crying out for...

pretty sure that TLG isn't checking lists like father christmas ... their target market is gonna lap that one up ...

6 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

Yesssss... bring on Daisy Ridley!