MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

to be honest I’m bit confused about the lack of arm printing on the pilot figure. All the last figures included in UCS sets had arm printing. 

According to someone on reddit The LEGO store database got updated today to reveal information about cloud city. Weridly the prices are the polish pricing, which is 1900 PLN which is about $500

34 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

According to someone on reddit The LEGO store database got updated today to reveal information about cloud city. Weridly the prices are the polish pricing, which is 1900 PLN which is about $500

Interesting. A few days ago I’ve heard that about the upcoming Voltron set. Were these database updates common last year before leaks were confirmed? Remembering a Walmart database update last year which was one of the first legit signs of the UCS falcon. 

Edited by OrangeChiliPeP

Definitely legit for that Dutch Vander figure. Nice printing around the helmet too.

People have been saying it was a Y-Wing for a while but I think it got lost in the noise of all the 'It's a Super Star Destroyer or regular Star Destroyer because of the silhouette on the box' chatter.

Edited by Robianco

It's still using that awful rebel pilot face. I hope it's a stand-in. Love the added side printing on the helmet though.

4 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

It's still using that awful rebel pilot face. I hope it's a stand-in. Love the added side printing on the helmet though.

I really hope it’s a stand-in too but the ucs snow-speeder is also using that awefull face for two named pilots. And every male pilots with the standard OT rebel helmet had that treatment since the 2013 snow speeder except for Luke.

Angry clone deserves its meme status for being shoved everywhere but this ugly mess of a pilot face is really starting to get under my skin. 

They can’t really use it for Biggs for the next X-Wing I hope? I mean they could probably use a sharpie to draw a mustache on Biggs at this point.

It doesn’t matter if it’s UCS or a micro fighter Lego seems enthralled on shoving this ugly head into as much sets as possible. 

Yeah - it's one thing if they don't want to give a helmet with a visor, but if that's the case they should take advantage of the headprint opportunities. We could have a face with visor on one side and no visor on the other side.

Hopefully it is an improvement on the previous version. Not too sure apart from the slightly blocky nose where considerable improvement will come from.

Visors should be on helmets for such an exclusive set.  They've done printed helmets on faces in the past.

2 hours ago, RetroInferno said:

I really hope it’s a stand-in too but the ucs snow-speeder is also using that awefull face for two named pilots. And every male pilots with the standard OT rebel helmet had that treatment since the 2013 snow speeder except for Luke.

Angry clone deserves its meme status for being shoved everywhere but this ugly mess of a pilot face is really starting to get under my skin. 

They can’t really use it for Biggs for the next X-Wing I hope? I mean they could probably use a sharpie to draw a mustache on Biggs at this point.

It doesn’t matter if it’s UCS or a micro fighter Lego seems enthralled on shoving this ugly head into as much sets as possible. 

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised. The only pilot I thought that face worked on was Wes Janson. Honestly, I'm in doubt that Biggs will be released. But boy do I hope to be proven wrong. 

9 minutes ago, ThousandMoon said:

Any links or accounts to view this Dutch figure?

Just search on eBay.

I'm pretty sure Biggs is coming as is Antoc Merrick. Both of these fellas have moustaches so the regular head won't be in use. Merrick should have blonde/tan printing on his though.

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Just search on eBay.

Nice one thanks, found it...

Must say, slightly underwhelmed by the lack of anything new re arms, head or anything else.

Even the helmet, given its the 3rd version we've had, is slightly disappointing - not grey enough, not enough grey, dimensions slightly off and missing a couple of details and colours on the side and back.

That said, pleased for the seeming confirmation of a UCS Y-Wing and I'll still buy the set as it's one of my favourite ships.

Maybe they're saving the added minifig details for Biggs!?!... it would really be inexcusable for him not to have a  tache!

1 hour ago, ThousandMoon said:

Must say, slightly underwhelmed by the lack of anything new re arms, head or anything else.

Even the helmet, given its the 3rd version we've had, is slightly disappointing - not grey enough, not enough grey, dimensions slightly off and missing a couple of details and colours on the side and back.

My thoughts exactly; helmet doesn't have enough grey to me and the lack of arm printing seems weird. Sure Wes and Wedge didn't get arm printing, but I thought that after Zev and Will got arm printing in the Snowspeeder that this was standard UCS. I wasn't expecting it for Biggs, but definitely for Vander. Of course, the guy selling this may have used the wrong torso, but only those in the know could confirm whether it is the correct torso or not.      

53 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

My thoughts exactly; helmet doesn't have enough grey to me and the lack of arm printing seems weird. Sure Wes and Wedge didn't get arm printing, but I thought that after Zev and Will got arm printing in the Snowspeeder that this was standard UCS. I wasn't expecting it for Biggs, but definitely for Vander. Of course, the guy selling this may have used the wrong torso, but only those in the know could confirm whether it is the correct torso or not.      

I think it's going to be like the UCS Tie Fighter, the arm printing is saved so the UCS minifigs are more unique.

3 minutes ago, Brickwraith said:

I think it's going to be like the UCS Tie Fighter, the arm printing is saved so the UCS minifigs are more unique.

Yes I know; that's why I'd expect Vander to have arm printing if he comes in a UCS Y-Wing, but if the figure on eBay is correct then he doesn't. That's why he seems like a bit of a back step.

Edited by BacktoBricks

Just now, BacktoBricks said:

Yes I know; that's why I'd expect Vander to have arm printing if he comes in a UCS Y-Wing, but if the figure on eBay is correct then he doesn't. That's why he seems like a bit of a back step.

True, I hope the guy just found the helmet

It’s not the first image I’ve seen of that figure and the other one didn’t have arm printing so I think that’s the figure we’re getting.

22 minutes ago, Robianco said:

It’s not the first image I’ve seen of that figure and the other one didn’t have arm printing so I think that’s the figure we’re getting.

49 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

It would seem so when compared to the Snowspeeder. The Hoth set also had two Speeder pilots but didn't include arm printing... I think with the UCS Snowspeeder those figures were very specific to it so we would automatically lean that way with figure specific vessels like the Y-Wing. Catanas designed the printed arms for the X and Y Wing pilots over at Firestar Toys and I expected something similar to those.

It is frustrating to not get arm printing considering Shocker who appeared in a $40 Marvel Super Heroes set got arm printing and a $200 Star Wars set can’t