MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

Can anybody link a,like, real source in the lego company ? Untill then - I won't trust any of you, no matter how "realible" you are. Have seen my fair share of  that in the past, thank you very much.

I think threads like this will become relatively pointless if things like this continue.

We never get official set lists Fromm largo until they’re about ready to release. Set lists on Brickset and videos from people such as the Brick Show take info from these very threads so nobody is more reliable than anyone else.

Some people leak info because they know people at Lego or a retail partner that have information given to them by Lego. Other people collate information from retail site listings around the world to compile things... but there’s no actual information direct from a source who actually KNOWS involved.

In around 6 months we’ll know if constraction figures are still around because they’ll either be in shelves or they won’t. Some people will be proved correct in the info they’ve shared and some people will be proved wrong.

Like I said about other places... lots of noise at times. The mods are letting people get on with for the most part so let’s take what’s said and filter out the obvious fake stuff.

23 minutes ago, Frozen Assasin said:

Can anybody link a,like, real source in the lego company ? Untill then - I won't trust any of you, no matter how "realible" you are. Have seen my fair share of  that in the past, thank you very much.

If by "real source" you mean a statement from an official Lego employee then there isn't one. Azani has been mostly accurate and Sir von Lego has a pretty stellar record but if that won't suffice then you'll have to wait until sets reach shelves.

The thing is, if all you want is the clearly defined news of what’s coming based on the clearest and most reliable sources then there’s another thread for that: 

Really weird that these sets are cancelled though. I mean, constraction as a whole wouldn’t last that long anyway, but these specific sets already had prelims and a ton of behind the scenes work put into them. With Bionicle G2, they noticed very early on that sets weren’t selling, so some promised sets like a new Makuta and the Mask of Ultimate Power weren’t even designed, but they still released the 2016 summer wave as a means of not loosing all the investments in that wave and at least try to make some profit. I can’t see why these two SW sets can’t see the light of day, surely there is some market for it? Just cancel SW constraction after these two (not that I’d want that to happen, but it’s inevitable).

4 hours ago, Frozen Assasin said:

I 100% agree. Being right before doesn't mean being right all the time but this is the only community I know that believes in that quite strongly so only time will tell. I'll be bummed if I don't get my super battle droid build.

And btw - those who talk about shelf-warming sets, ain't the case where I live. Sets usually get sold out pretty quickly in my local shops.

Edited by Frozen Assasin

I hate the cancellation news as much as most of you, but Sir von Lego has been proven to be very reliable on multiple occasions. It sucks to be in denial but it is what it is.

5 hours ago, virenic said:

If by "real source" you mean a statement from an official Lego employee then there isn't one. Azani has been mostly accurate and Sir von Lego has a pretty stellar record but if that won't suffice then you'll have to wait until sets reach shelves.

Sure, and just to be straight-up clear, Sir von Lego is correct. I drew a conclusion that turned out to be mistaken - just take his word for it.

4 hours ago, JekPorkchops said:

With Bionicle G2, they noticed very early on that sets weren’t selling, so some promised sets like a new Makuta and the Mask of Ultimate Power weren’t even designed

(I know, I know, I dont post outside of the constraction figure forum but) I heard that if that Makuta set were released there would be no chance of Bionicle ever coming back or possibly any new constraction line coming out, and honestly? seeing how poorly star wars ccbs and constraction in general was handled? I really wish that were the case

7 hours ago, Robianco said:

The thing is, if all you want is the clearly defined news of what’s coming based on the clearest and most reliable sources then there’s another thread for that: 

Thank you for pointing this out. That's the main reason we are letting the discussion go around in circles a bit right now. If people want to do that, this is the right thread to do so, even if it is ultimately pointless. If you want real news, go read the other thread. If you just need to get your emotions off your chest, stay here. Just keep in mind that many of us do want to be able to discuss the sets here without seeing the same complaints over and over again. So please, read to see if someone else has already brought up your point before you post.

Not fussed if these 2 buildables are cancelled, but really hope they're not cancelling them for good. 

Really want a L3-37 buildable!

Those of us who didn't get the 2016 advent calendar will have an opportunity to acquire a U-3PO minifig this year:

Spoiler

4ee4eca5f8e54b8dbc334da097e75acf.jpg?res

12 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the funko pops leaked for solo sets. They reveal the villains name and a possible new variation of the storm trooper 

Baddy McBadface and Stormy McStormface?

17 minutes ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So the funko pops leaked for solo sets. They reveal the villains name and a possible new variation of the storm trooper 

If you're talking about the "mudtrooper", we will be getting one in the new TIE Fighter set.

3 minutes ago, bobasdad said:

If you're talking about the "mudtrooper", we will be getting one in the new TIE Fighter set.

Spoiler

I think we're getting three in the Tie Fighter Set.

Han and Beckett are dressed as officer variants of the trooper?

solo-a-star-wars-story-images-mudtrooper

They look like they have a mouth piece that comes up. 

Edited by Forresto

Not sure if connected to rumors of cancellation, but this is what my Google result showed today for "Lego drop"

image.jpeg.71713895d7c41bfe36012ad8af0567e1.jpeg
The Guardian
1 day ago

Personally I don''t see this as a sky-is-falling moment yet as AFOL's but you have to wonder - didn't Lego account for any sales drop-off as they have been cranking prices upward? Isn't that part of Marketing 101? If sales of kits have't kept apace there must be an underlying reason. It certainly isn't the quality of the sets or the bricks themselves - I've been collecting for decades and it's better than ever. I guess we should start expecting to see smaller numbers of kits in waves for Star Wars Lego as time goes on.... and that's not really a bad thing. Our wallets will breathe a little easier.

I don't know how reliable it is, but on the front page with all the sets listed, we have got deacriptions of three summer Solo sets:

First set is the front part and one wagon (probably from the train). No rails, just rain cars with 4-5 minifigs.

Second is white ship seen in trailer with 4-5 minifigs.

Third set are two Dark Tan Speeders with 3 minifigs.

We know prices of all three sets: 75215 - 30€, 75217 - 90€ and 75219 - 100€. Azani or Sir Von Lego confirmed that the biggest set is Imperial Hauler (white ship from the trailer). So:

75215 {Nemesis Gang Chariot}
Price-30€
Builds:
•Two dark tan speeders
Minifigures:
-Enfys Nest
-Unknown
-Unknown

75217 {Chimera}
Price-90€
Builds:
•Front part and one wagon from the train, without rails
Minifigures:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
(-Unknown)

75219 {Gorgon}
Price-100€
Builds:
•Imperial hauler
Minifigures:
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
-Unknown
(-Unknown)

3 hours ago, bobasdad said:

Those of us who didn't get the 2016 advent calendar will have an opportunity to acquire a U-3PO minifig this year:

Good to know! I have one from the advent calendar but I miss another one for my children to abuse and specially for our Echo Base. It fits there very well. The book seems to be a good gift as well.

I believe many take the rumours far too seriously and as such nobody has information that will change the Lego world. 

We should take the recent cancelled Vader pod as the prime example of rumours getting out of hand. I'm certain that rumour started with someone writing a blog with a theory that it will never see light of day because of contract disputes between Lego and Hasbro. Within days all the usual suspects were shouting from the roof that this was 100% cancelled because they had heard it from a mystery source. 

Its all a bit too much plumage shaking and strutting around here at times. Just sit back and enjoy the nonsense.