MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

On 2/28/2018 at 9:44 AM, Forresto said:

I love the way the Range Trooper looks based off of the Black Series Figure.

I hope the eventual Lego version includes a fur shoulder pauldron, it looks awesome and ridiculous! :grin:

Heck yeah. :)

20 hours ago, CosmosCommander said:

Perhaps it's got something to do with that gorgon-like creature with tentacles that we see in the trailer during the actual "run"....

Or it could simply be a continuation of those Greek codenames we've seen in the past (i.e. pegasus = millenium falcon)

If anyone has suggested this before, I apologize for not crediting you–I've just joined the thread.

Hey, no worries, man! Welcome to the thresd!

I've just barely caught that that set - 75219, the one that was codenamed Gorgon, will be done kind of vehicle. That being said, man, I can certainly see the parallel with the tentacle monster. Funny as it were, one of my initial theories was that Gorgon was Jabba.

19 hours ago, Falconfan1414 said:

So I got some news apparently according to Lego world club none of the constraction figures got ordered by retailers so the battle droid and 501st Legion clone trooper were canceled 

Nope. Sorry man, but not even slightly; total nonsense. I'll be doing my best to make sure that this doesn't start making the rounds. :/

First of all, that's not what they said. Second of all, they updated their post over on VK.com with a statement that reads "Update: this is not correct" - three or four hours ago.

Third, I know for a fact that 75538 and 75539 are coming, at least in Europe, because they're being listed online by many, many retailers. Not going to lie, it's almost too many to count. All of the system sets are being listed as well.

12 hours ago, ToaDraco said:

That info about the buildable figures better be complete nonsense because I absolutely love them and the AT-RT sounded freakin' amazing. If it's canceled then it's an end to an era. Constraction was my bread and butter and I wish we could get back to the good ol' days of Bionicle. I miss it so much.

Lucky you. It's complete nonsense. :)

Edited by Azani

1 hour ago, Azani said:

Nope. Sorry man, but not even slightly; total nonsense. I'll be doing my best to make sure that this doesn't start making the rounds. :/

First of all, that's not what they said. Second of all, they updated their post over on VK.com with a statement that reads "Update: this is not correct" - three or four hours ago.

Third, I know for a fact that 75538 and 75539 are coming, at least in Europe, because they're being listed online by many, many retailers. Not going to lie, it's almost too many to count. All of the system sets are being listed as well.

Excuse me if I take this with extreme skepticism but you have been the one going around pushing the meme of a new constraction theme, codenamed "voloctoreb" or something to that effect. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong but as long as there's no proof...

14 minutes ago, GK733 said:

Excuse me if I take this with extreme skepticism but you have been the one going around pushing the meme of a new constraction theme, codenamed "voloctoreb" or something to that effect. I'm more than happy to be proven wrong but as long as there's no proof...

Nope, I haven't. I'm not excusing you, even though that's a figure of speech. I never was, dude.

I'm glad that you're happy to be proven wrong, because there is proof. I mentioned it in my initial post, that you quoted above. You're free to go check out the source that FalconFan was referencing right here.

Edited by Azani

58 minutes ago, Azani said:

Nope, I haven't. I'm not excusing you, even though that's a figure of speech. I never was, dude.

I'm glad that you're happy to be proven wrong, because there is proof. I mentioned it in my initial post, that you quoted above. You're free to go check out the source that FalconFan was referencing right here.

I sent you a PM about the "voloctoreb" , it's not a subject that belongs in this thread.

I bold out

2 hours ago, Azani said:

for a reason, cause I've yet to see a single one of these lists by "many, many retailers"

Edited by GK733

49 minutes ago, GK733 said:

I sent you a PM about the "voloctoreb" , it's not a subject that belongs in this thread.

I would agree with you on that one.

49 minutes ago, GK733 said:

...for a reason, cause I've yet to see a single one of these lists by "many, many retailers"

I also know what all the confidential SW sets are for this summer. I know what all the Brickheadz are, and I know what the HP sets are. I'm not saying that you don't have the ability or the discretion to find things, but I am saying that the fact that you personally have not seen a particular thing does not necessarily imply that it does not exist.

I could start posting links to EU shopping sites that have listed the sets, but I don't believe that I'm able to do that on EB. If you'd like to contact me elsewhere, I would be happy to show you in private.

Edited by Azani

im sorry if im mistaken ive not been on eurobricks long, but are the v19 torrent and the resistance thing still happening, cos ive seen no news on em since the rumours

6 minutes ago, MakkaG15 said:

im sorry if im mistaken ive not been on eurobricks long, but are the v19 torrent and the resistance thing still happening, cos ive seen no news on em since the rumours

No, they were fake.

2 hours ago, jdubbs said:

No, they were fake.

dang, i really wanted that resistance ship, snokes throne rooms still real though, so im happy

5 hours ago, MakkaG15 said:

Fake. There are 2 Solo sets instead of them, so I am cool with it being fake.

1 hour ago, Richpepperell said:

My mistake, the listing stated the x wing set - I realise where he's actually from now...

no worries ... it is an awesome looking astromech in person ... 

1 hour ago, Brickweiser said:

This is as painful as the new wand mould discussions that won't stop.

New wand mould is perfect and everybody had to say it :grin:

6 hours ago, Tidy said:

no worries ... it is an awesome looking astromech in person ... 

Tidy, if you have seen it in person, can you confirm whether or not the head and body/leg colour is the same? Can you also confirm if the body is recycled from R3-S1 in the last Y-Wing system scale set?

20 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

Tidy, if you have seen it in person, can you confirm whether or not the head and body/leg colour is the same? Can you also confirm if the body is recycled from R3-S1 in the last Y-Wing system scale set?

holding both right now.

a. head, body and legs are different colours.
b. same body and legs as r3-s1.

I really hope that is not the final figure and people are just pulling the head from one factory bin and the body and legs for R3-S1 from another. Otherwise, that will be very disappointing and very lazy on Lego's part.

6 minutes ago, Brickweiser said:

I really hope that is not the final figure and people are just pulling the head from one factory bin and the body and legs for R3-S1 from another. Otherwise, that will be very disappointing and very lazy on Lego's part.

the two were extremely similar in the movie too ... so maybe it was lazy on LFL's part and attention to detail on TLG ??? /shrug

Yea, movie-wise their body's are the same. But Lego did R3-S1 is gunmetal Grey, whereas it should have been light grey and silver panels. It surprises me that Lego would do R2-BHD's head in light grey and recycle the body of R3-S1's, when if Lego wanted to do that, they should have just made the head and body colour the same as gunmetal.

I'm all for economic decision-making, like how they made R3-T2 in the latest battlepack with an R2-D2 body. At least that is consistent with how he looks in the movie.

And if R2-BHD is indeed to come out in the next UCS as it stands, it just shows how little care and quality go into some of these "exclusive" Minifigures.

Just now, Brickweiser said:

Yea, movie-wise their body's are the same. But Lego did R3-S1 is gunmetal Grey, whereas it should have been light grey and silver panels. It surprises me that Lego would do R2-BHD's head in light grey and recycle the body of R3-S1's, when if Lego wanted to do that, they should have just made the head and body colour the same as gunmetal.

I'm all for economic decision-making, like how they made R3-T2 in the latest battlepack with an R2-D2 body. At least that is consistent with how he looks in the movie.

And if R2-BHD is indeed to come out in the next UCS as it stands, it just shows how little care and quality go into some of these "exclusive" Minifigures.

actually:

Dark Bluish Gray Brick, Round 2 x 2 x 2 Robot Body with Silver Lines Pattern (R3-S1) 

the difference in the head and body of r2-bhd, is slight, mostly because of the printing making it really blend great ... only when looking at the plain side of the body is it noticeable. 

I guess you're right. It is dark bluish-grey. Still seems off from the movie shots. Is the Lego version of R2-BHD's head light grey?

the head i think is flat silver not light bluish grey ... on closer inspection under better light it is much closer to the legs ... and maybe the same as the legs ... but definitely not lbg ... pm me and i can send a pic or three ...