MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

2 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Woah! Ill agree with yo

Don't quote me, quote Tidy. He said it, I just smiled.

10 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

Don't quote me, quote Tidy. He said it, I just smiled.

lol!

14 minutes ago, legosamsonite said:

Woah! Ill agree with you about rose, and finn wasnt the best in TLJ, but whats wrong with bb8

in ep7, absolutely nothing ...

8 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Sorry to say, we were told that they will be E VIII but now that I saw the trailer from Solo, it is an obvious mistake and they are all from Solo..

call me curious, but can you cross reference the set number to a 'thing' we see in the solo trailers ?!??

9 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Sorry to say, we were told that they will be E VIII but now that I saw the trailer from Solo, it is an obvious mistake and they are all from Solo..

Oh, ok. Thanks for the clarification :classic:

11 minutes ago, Robianco said:

In the wild...

moloch's head is dual molded ... as is the not pictured patrol trooper's helmet ... the mimban trooper helmet is a new sculpt ... 

10 minutes ago, Artanis I said:

Is that a tusken womble on the bottom left?:wacko:

Molinocco? :)

10 hours ago, Robianco said:

In the wild...

Appearing in HK toy shops as individual figs that have wandered out of the factory is not the same.

On 2/11/2018 at 12:27 AM, Azani said:

The Luke/Yoda BH is somewhere between $10 and $20 US - maybe 15?

On 2/11/2018 at 1:09 AM, Sir von Lego said:

75208 29.99 EUR

75206 16.99 EUR

Aw yeah; no, actually, I was referring to the soon-to-be-released Luke+Yoda Brickheadz dualpack. My apologies for the miscummunication there. :)

On 2/11/2018 at 11:10 AM, Peppybricks said:

I agree 100%. It looks like it was made in LDD.

No, right? It's incredible to imagine that any adult, or even anyone old enough to get on the internet, could consider that image to actually portray the set...

19 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

As already mentioned, I´ve asked somebody who was at Nuremberg Toy Fair, if this picture of 75216 shows the set he has seen at Nuremberg. Now he answered. He said something like it´s not the set and he can´t remind if the red wall was really made like this.

Sorry to hear that...

15 hours ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

There was a list where 75221 was TLJ or Solo set, so maybe we can get two sets for The Last Jedi.

That list was mine, and yes, it is. :)

I've got a list going on in the news thread all the time, guys - tbh I get the impression that 99% of the misconceptions that get tossed around in here would be solved if folks took a wild glance over there when there was any doubt. Not just my list, of course, but MKJosh' and SvL's info as well.

10 hours ago, Robianco said:

<snip>

In the wild...

Might be a few months too late here as far as images go, and a few weeks as far as owning the figs is concerned... When they actually start to show up in the wild in a month or two, then...

Edited by Azani

22 minutes ago, Azani said:

Might be a few months too late here as far as images go, and a few weeks as far as owning the figs is concerned... When they actually start to show up in the wild in a month or two, then...

I know the leak images started to circulate a while ago but I don't recall seeing a Ki Adi Mundi or Qira in anything other than the promo shots of the sets. These are now being sold quite readily although the prices are ridiculous just for the benefit of owning it a month or two early.

36 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

Appearing in HK toy shops as individual figs that have wandered out of the factory is not the same.

Not in HK toy shops. Being sold quite readily by sellers in the UK.

If it gets to a situation where I can message someone in the UK who advertises pretty much all of the figures from the Solo and other sets and buy them with delivery by Royal Mail then I'd consider that pretty much 'in the wild'... 

Edited by Robianco

4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

I know the leak images started to circulate a while ago but I don't recall seeing a Ki Adi Mundi or Qira in anything other than the promo shots of the sets. These are now being sold quite readily although the prices are ridiculous just for the benefit of owning it a month or two early.

All of the figures shown, plus many others, have been being "sold quite readily" for quite a while - probably about six weeks.

4 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Nope. They are only being found in Hong Kong toy shops, after being stolen from the Jiaxing factory in China. If a fellow in the UK is currently selling them online, then he or she imported them from Hong Kong. That's why you're looking at such high prices. :)

Edited by Azani

1 minute ago, Azani said:

All of the figures shown, plus many others, have been being "sold quite readily" for quite a while.

Nope. They are only being found in Hong Kong toy shops, after being stolen from the Jiaxing factory in China. If a fellow in the UK is currently selling them online, then he or she imported them from Hong Kong. That's why you're looking at such high prices. :)

Well they've managed to make their way into several continents then as they've been advertised in Mexican Lego Marketplace pages as well as UK pages. And to be clear... this isn't just from one person. There are several

Edited by Robianco

58 minutes ago, Robianco said:

Well they've managed to make their way into several continents then as they've been advertised in Mexican Lego Marketplace pages as well as UK pages. And to be clear... this isn't just from one person. There are several

Sure, of course they are. I can buy all of the ones pictured on eBay as well. Why would they not be?

And yeah, they're being sold by multiple folks. If anything, that's what I'd assume you'd be seeing after they've been making the rounds for a few months. Since I'm one of those folks, there has to be more than one, right?

Edited by Azani

24 minutes ago, Azani said:

Sure, of course they are. I can buy all of the ones pictured on eBay as well. Why would they not be?

And yeah, they're being sold by multiple folks. If anything, that's what I'd assume you'd be seeing after they've been making the rounds for a few months. Since I'm one of those folks, there has to be more than one, right?

It's more the point about sharing images. We've had images that look like they've been taken actually in the factory in the past... we've even had images that were from a huge lot of individual parts that were being sold on Taobao that actually predated the figure release by around 6 months. If these were the first initial sightings of those figures and were sensitive with regards to timing then I wouldn't be sharing them on here. But once they're everywhere, not watermarked and are owned by many people then it doesn't seem too out of place to be able to show them. Obviously if the mods would still like them removed then I'll happily do it or simply accept that they were removed by a mod themselves.

The clamour for information is one thing... If you're as well connected as you appear to be then you'll know exactly what the May UCS set is. There are people that know for sure what those sets are. They've seen them. You may have seen them. With that there are things that people can share and things they have to keep to themselves for various reasons. I'll never ask anyone to share anything... I accept and enjoy when something solid is shared and get some insight to what is coming up and decide whether I'll be buying it.

The way that information is 'leaked' or shared has changed. We've always refused to show watermarked confidential images but once things become more open then those images have been shared. On occasions Lego have asked for certain images to be taken down or even an embargo placed on any images form a certain set/wave/theme. We've also had instances where other sites have had a cease and desist on image use but EB hasn't been asked and has been able to continue showing images... but EB will always comply with the wishes of Lego. It's a good relationship.

Unless I'm mistaken or missed something we don't have a blanket ban in place on all images that aren't official being shared. Yet with the rise of reddit subforums we almost don't bother showing anything here and simply redirect to those places to view things. That may very well may be the better way of doing things, or simply become the way of things happening.

In this case I simply happened past an image of several figures and thought I'd share. 

@Robianco To play it safe, let's not share those pics here. We don't want to do anything to hurt eurobrick's relationship with TLG.

19 minutes ago, MKJoshA said:

@Robianco To play it safe, let's not share those pics here. We don't want to do anything to hurt eurobrick's relationship with TLG.

That's fine with me. As I've said, this wasn't about trying to be a 'leaker' or throw up a 'scoop' as they've been around for a while. Cheers. :)

Edited by Robianco

3 minutes ago, Sneakguest said:

I forgot the date when Han Solo sets will be released. Was it 13th april?

Do we know it? Well, this would be 2 weeks before the sets would be released.

Do we have now something like Force or Rogue Friday? Like Solo Friday?

3 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

I forgot the date when Han Solo sets will be released. Was it 13th april?

Yes. 13/4/18 is 'Solo' Friday. All merchandise is out on that date.