MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

2 hours ago, Peppybricks said:

I agree 100%. It looks like it was made in LDD.

On a personal level I agree, but as a LEGO journo it had a place in the news as long as both sides of the is it fake/is it real arguement were put forward. And since LEGO have not asked us to take it down (just like the so-called Thandie Newton minifig) it's safe to say that LEGO is chuckling into their hot chocolates (or whatever Danes drink) over the hue and cry this pic has caused.

Wait, people really fell for this? I thought it was one of the most obviously fake leaks in recent memoryĀ :grin:Ā I mean, a part of the model even blocks huge junks of the boxart, as if that would ever happen in such a fashionĀ :laugh:

Speaking of boxart: is it known whether the three summer Solo sets keep the Solo boxart or will they revert back to the TLJ one? If the latter's the case, the Solo boxart has to be most short-lived SW boxart ever, which would be a shame since it's one of my favouritesĀ with its vibrant colour schemeĀ :sadnew:Ā 

Edited by Lego-Freak

Sincerely hope one of the codenamed Solo sets for the summer wave is that new variation of TIE fighter we saw in the trailer. Looked like it had a sidecar or something attached, but it was probably more of bomb bay - perhaps a canonical predecessor to the TIE Bomber? Only thing I can see being in the way of such an idea would be having two similar TIEs available at the same time given 75211 will be released in April.Ā 

As a side note, shame it seems no more Last Jedi sets due in the summer wave (other than Snoke's Throne Room) as I was really holding out hope for a Resistance A-Wing and the escape transport, but they may come in the wave at the end of the year.Ā 

10 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

I mean, a part of the model even blocks huge junks of the boxart, as if that would ever happen in such a fashionĀ :laugh:

Elements of sets have blocked packaging before, but you're right - it is pretty ungainly.

8 minutes ago, Renown said:

Sincerely hope one of the codenamed Solo sets for the summer wave is that new variation of TIE fighter we saw in the trailer.

One argument for a yes looks to the "Chimera" code name. A chimera is a hybrid animal from Greek mythos. There has been a correlation between the code name and the set, so perhaps the TIE is a hybrid of somesort.

Is the Jedi/Clone battle pack supposed to be based on Episode II or the Geonosis arc in The Clone Wars? Ki-Adi Mundi and Bariss Offee appeared in both IIRC.Ā 

12 minutes ago, LEGOscum said:

Elements of sets have blocked packaging before, but you're right - it is pretty ungainly.

One argument for a yes looks to the "Chimera" code name. A chimera is a hybrid animal from Greek mythos. There has been a correlation between the code name and the set, so perhaps the TIE is a hybrid of somesort.

Or we could be getting a Rebels inspired ISD out of it?Ā 

Perhaps the ship plays a significant part at the end of Rebels and TLG know we all love an ISD.

Edited by Darth Malgus
Incomplete sentence.

All my sources are saying "Chimera" is a Solo set. I think it is coincidental that the LFL codename for whatever vehicle this is is the same as a (now) non-canon Star Destroyer from the Thrawn trilogy.

We are not getting another Rebels set. Let's stop all the rumors here. Why would we even get it? I know, the end of the show, people want set from it, but not this time, we won't get any.

Also Chimera is just a codename. Not hint at an actual set.

50 minutes ago, Darth Malgus said:

Or we could be getting a Rebels inspired ISD out of it?Ā 

Perhaps the ship plays a significant part at the end of Rebels and TLG know we all love an ISD.

We got Star Destroyer only half a year ago.

1 hour ago, Renown said:

As a side note, shame it seems no more Last Jedi sets due in the summer wave (other than Snoke's Throne Room) as I was really holding out hope for a Resistance A-Wing and the escape transport, but they may come in the wave at the end of the year.Ā 

Maybe we will get oneĀ :wink:

28 minutes ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

We are not getting another Rebels set. Let's stop all the rumors here. Why would we even get it? I know, the end of the show, people want set from it, but not this time, we won't get any.

Ā 

Cool your jets, LEGO has surprised us before.Ā  With this company and this license...anything is possible.

Ā 

In fact, everyone calm down!Ā  No one believes anyone, it seems like many are guessing in some way, and there are no hard, solid facts.Ā  Be nice to others.Ā  You can be direct, but be nice.Ā  Otherwise...

On 2/3/2018 at 11:49 AM, Sir von Lego said:

I just visited the Nuremberg toy fair. There was no V19 Torrent on display.

in the secret room there were the Solo sets, Jurassic World, Harry Potter and Beasts, Bugatti, Incredibles2, Batman.

And two more E VIII Sets we didnā€™t hear anything before, and one mystery set I never saw before which could be where the rumors from V19 came from..

I am confused. Why is everyone saying that 75215, 75217, & 75219 are from Solo? I thought Sir von Lego said that we are getting two Last Jedi Sets and a "mystery" set. Are the sets that he mentioned entirely separate fromĀ 75215, 75217, & 75219?

25 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

I am confused. Why is everyone saying that 75215, 75217, & 75219 are from Solo? I thought Sir von Lego said that we are getting two Last Jedi Sets and a "mystery" set. Are the sets that he mentioned entirely separate fromĀ 75215, 75217, & 75219?

Stab in the dark, but possibly 75221? Would make sense for it to be a sizeable set if 75220 is a Sandcrawler in the 100+ price range, as we got both the First Order Star Destroyer and AT-M6 in last year's wave around August/September time. Just a thought.

28 minutes ago, avengers777 said:

Have we confirmed the 2 Last Jedi Sets? Still holding out hope for resistance transport.

4 hours ago, NeutralNoodle said:

Is the Jedi/Clone battle pack supposed to be based on Episode II or the Geonosis arc in The Clone Wars? Ki-Adi Mundi and Bariss Offee appeared in both IIRC.Ā 

I think it's Geonosis arc inspired, but not directly from any episode.

Anyone notice the yellow tab on the side of the throne room leak? Also looks like Rey under the watermark. Could be the moving floor feature that the descriptions from toy fair talked about.

5 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

All my sources are saying "Chimera" is a Solo set. I think it is coincidental that the LFL codename for whatever vehicle this is is the same as a (now) non-canon Star Destroyer from the Thrawn trilogy.

Not disagreeing that its probably a coincidence, but Thrawn's ISD is named Chimaera in the new canon too.

2 hours ago, Magmafrost said:

Ā but Thrawn's ISD is named Chimaera in the new canon too.

Did not know that! (Haven't seen Rebels)

Would seem a bit odd to release Thrawn's ISD considering we only got a set with him in last year. Having said that, if LEGO were to do an ISD, would be cool to have a named one.Ā 

I donā€™t think Lego would bother with Thrawnā€™s ISD. The only differentiating exterior detail of the Chimeara is the white paint scheme on the bottom and Lego doesnā€™t pay too much attention to the bottom of a ship usually. Except for its Rebels proportions andĀ a Thrawn specific interior the set wouldnā€™tĀ really have its standout detailing.

2 hours ago, LEGOscum said:

What if the supposed V-19 is a Xi-class huttle with Finn, BB-8 and Rose?

then thereā€™d be three sets with the lamest star wars characters since jar jar all on the shelf at the same time.Ā 

As already mentioned, IĀ“ve asked somebody who was at Nuremberg Toy Fair, if this picture of 75216 shows the set he has seen at Nuremberg. Now he answered. He said something like itĀ“s not the set and he canĀ“t remind if the red wall was really made like this.

Edited by Praetorian_Guard

19 hours ago, Renown said:

Stab in the dark, but possibly 75221? Would make sense for it to be a sizeable set if 75220 is a Sandcrawler in the 100+ price range, as we got both the First Order Star Destroyer and AT-M6 in last year's wave around August/September time. Just a thought.

There was a list where 75221 was TLJ or Solo set, so maybe we can get two sets for The Last Jedi.

8 hours ago, Tidy said:

then thereā€™d be three sets with the lamest star wars characters since jar jar all on the shelf at the same time.Ā 

It's not beneath lego to make sets that only got like 5 seconds of screen time (quadjumper or whatever its called)

9 hours ago, Tidy said:

:D