MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

19 hours ago, jdubbs said:

April: 1 Solo battlepack, 1 prequel battlepack, 2 Solo speeders, Solo TIE, Solo Falcon, Yoda's Hut. 

August: Anakin Yellow Fighter, 3 unknown Solo sets, Snoke Throneroom, X-Wing, Sandcrawler.

September: Advent.

Also some Brickheadz and construction figures mixed in there. 

Only pics of August sets are from catalog. Lots of high-res pics of the April sets.

Are you sure?

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_The_Big_Picture_For_The_Year_Ahead_178538.asp

This article says Yodas Hut will be out in august.

1 hour ago, Jedi-Bendu said:

Are you sure?

http://www.rebelscum.com/story/front/LEGO_The_Big_Picture_For_The_Year_Ahead_178538.asp

This article says Yodas Hut will be out in august.

I think it was originally rumoured to be April, but to be honest it makes more sense to come out in August as I believe everything coming out in April is just Solo related.  

23 minutes ago, Legoman123 said:

I think it was originally rumoured to be April, but to be honest it makes more sense to come out in August as I believe everything coming out in April is just Solo related.  

If the jedi battle pack and yodas hut were coming out in august, wouldn't we have hd pictures of the other non spoiler star wars sets by now, im gonna stick with the leakers who said april for these two

On 6/2/2018 at 3:53 PM, Tidy said:

it was taken directly from an episode of freemaker adventures.

That's surprising. Never thought that this Freemaker thing would give us anything relevant, and it gave us the Bounty Hunter battle pack, one of the best battle packs ever! We all know that Dengar was in another Freemaker set, the eclipse fighter 75145, although it was way overpriced even with Dengar. But I won't have more prejudice with Freemakers, just in case :laugh:.

Edited by dvogon

8 minutes ago, dvogon said:

That's surprising. Never thought that this Freemaker thing would give us anything relevant, and it gave us the Bounty Hunter battle pack, one of the best battle packs ever! We all know that Dengar was in another Freemaker set, the eclipse fighter 75145, although it was way overpriced even with Dengar. But I won't have more prejudice with Freemakers, just in case :laugh:.

i was shocked that they put dengar in it after he was in 75145 ... considering zuckuss was also in that same episode as the other 4 bounty hunters ...  

Good thing about 75145 is it can be found all over for clearance prices and it does make a good parts pack if nothing else, especially black parts.

5 hours ago, Legoman123 said:

Nope. Yoda's hut comes out in April, with Jedi battle pack.

If I recall correctly, the code names for the first wave Solo sets were all meaningful and indicative of the actual vehicles, weren't they? So maybe the new ones follow suit? :sweet:

75215 Nemesis Gang Chariot: pretty self-explanatory, sounds like a speeder of sorts for the cool-looking villain and his cronies

75217 Chimera: A chimera is a creature from Greek mythology that features parts from multiple animals (a term that is also used in genetics btw). Hmm... that sounds like Michael K. Williams character (Dryden Vos) which he himself described as half-human, half-animal before he departed from the production due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by Paul Bettany. The character has since been reimagined as a human, but the code name might still reflect the initial concept :classic:

75219 Gorgon: Also a creature from Greek mythology. The most famous example is Medusa. In German, "Gorgonen" or "Medusen" can also refer to jellyfish. So, something snake or jellyfish-like... maybe the set's related to the tentacle-monster from the trailer?

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

If I recall correctly, the code names for the first wave Solo sets were all meaningful and indicative of the actual vehicles, weren't they? So maybe the new ones follow suit? :sweet:

75215 Nemesis Gang Chariot: pretty self-explanatory, sounds like a speeder of sorts for the cool-looking villain and his cronies

75217 Chimera: A chimera is a creature from Greek mythology that features parts from multiple animals (a term that is also used in genetics btw). Hmm... that sounds like Michael K. Williams character (Dryden Vos) which he himself described as half-human, half-animal before he departed from the production due to scheduling conflicts and was replaced by Paul Bettany. The character has since been reimagined as a human, but the code name might still reflect the initial concept :classic:

75219 Gorgon: Also a creature from Greek mythology. The most famous example is Medusa. In German, "Gorgonen" or "Medusen" can also refer to jellyfish. So, something snake or jellyfish-like... maybe the set's related to the tentacle-monster from the trailer?

With Nemesis Gang Chariot, we will have 4 speeders for Han Solo movie! That's a lot of speeders for 2 waves. 

I like your thinking with Chimera. If it's supposed to be Williams/Bettany character maybe it's a location like his club? For Gorgon, I think those tentacle beasts are too large considering they dwarfed the Falcon. It could be based on a female character like Val maybe she double crosses Han? Also Medusa was a gorgon so petrifying something could be related to Mining because of the rocks/spice? Just some guesses.

8 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

doesn't anyone get their hopes up - the chimera could be one last Rebels set? Since it is Thrawns ISD's name.

I like the sound of that :)

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

We won’t get a location or big creature.

That sounds both strange and disapointing that TLG for the first time dont provide a location set for a new movie, there are already too few SW location sets as it is

On 2/9/2018 at 12:15 AM, jdubbs said:

April: 1 Solo battlepack, 1 prequel battlepack, 2 Solo speeders, Solo TIE, Solo Falcon, Yoda's Hut. 

August: Anakin Yellow Fighter, 3 unknown Solo sets, Snoke Throneroom, X-Wing, Sandcrawler.

September: Advent.

Also some Brickheadz and construction figures mixed in there. 

Only pics of August sets are from catalog. Lots of high-res pics of the April sets.

Thanks for this, and to a comment said earlier 2 UCS sets to add to this (please one of them be a Star Destroyer or Tantive IV)

So unless we get a small wave near December (for Christmas spend) looks like no Rebels sets for its final season....

.....and hopefully 2018 will see 75192 in stock :)

10 hours ago, Kim-Kwang-Seok said:

doesn't anyone get their hopes up - the chimera could be one last Rebels set? Since it is Thrawns ISD's name.

I can only hope.... they released the Ghost way too early in the life of the show, if it had been released a season later would have got much higher sales ...... I am still holding out feint hope for a Ghost re-release, updated version

1 hour ago, AussieSamurai said:

they released the Ghost way too early in the life of the show, if it had been released a season later would have got much higher sales ...... I am still holding out feint hope for a Ghost re-release, updated version

Yeah, agreed. The Ghost came out months before Rebels even premiered. It was the summer 2014 wave. Spark of Rebellion (Rebels premiere) aired early October of that year. Only the most hardcore of SW Lego fans would have bought The Ghost then. 

I do believe eventually they will sell an updated Ghost. Smaller, more features/figures and higher priced, no doubt. 

We don't yet have the name of the Master Shredder lookin' dude from the Solo trailer yet? It would be great to see him(her?) in a set.

4 minutes ago, darththeling said:

We don't yet have the name of the Master Shredder lookin' dude from the Solo trailer yet? It would be great to see him(her?) in a set.

dryden vos. 

1 hour ago, darththeling said:

Only the most hardcore of SW Lego fans would have bought The Ghost then. 

That would be me then... ;)

2 minutes ago, Robianco said:

That would be me then... ;)

And I was completely guessing when I bought two, just needed to hit the threshold for the promo!

actually I think the lego employee recommended it. Guess I owe her a thanks.

1 hour ago, Tidy said:

dryden vos. 

Are you sure? Paul Bettany's costume looks nothing like that:

Bildergebnis für dryden vos

Unless that's what he wears beneath all that armour :grin:

1 minute ago, Tidy said:

110% ... 

http://bfy.tw/GX6s

Um, I know that Paul Bettany plays Dryden Vos, my point was that the picture I previously posted shows Paul Bettany in his costume and he looks nothing like the Shredder-looking dude(tte) from the trailers :wink:

2 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Um, I know that Paul Bettany plays Dryden Vos, my point was that the picture I previously posted shows Paul Bettany in his costume and he looks nothing like the Shredder-looking dude(tte) from the trailers :wink:

that's not his full costume in that BTS shot ... but it is 110% confirmed that 'master shredder' is dryden vos [no relation to quinlan] ...

41 minutes ago, Tidy said:

that's not his full costume in that BTS shot ... but it is 110% confirmed that 'master shredder' is dryden vos [no relation to quinlan] ...

When was that confirmed???