MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

38 minutes ago, Renegade Clone said:

According to EW, the droid in the trailer is called L3-37 and is played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge. This droid is Lando's co-pilot. I suspect the droid was redesigned and renamed from DD-3D, but LEGO already had the set designed.

DD-BD(?) appears to have no arms, so it can't co-pilot the Falcon and they certainly wouldn't use mo-cap for a character that doesn't feature any arms :grin:

Besides, L3-37 is not the only main character that's currently missing (there's the villain and Val for instance) so I wouldn't jump to any conclusions :wink: The next two waves are going to be released so close to each other that they probably figured it wouldn't make much of a difference in which particular wave some of the characters make their first appearance.

Three or maybe even four sets for Solo this summer? Quite a lot! Hope we will get something from beach scene and train scene, hopefully we will get the main villain

10 hours ago, StopForceGhostWhatever said:

Oh my god, can a mod just IP ban this piece of shit so we can move on.

Haha... he may give people some headache, but once in a while he is actually funny

Glad to hear we'll get more Solo sets in the summer, the movie looks like very expansive in scope. With every single April set accounted for in the first trailer alone, I'd imagine there's plenty of stuff that would make for great set material that we won't see until the movie is released.

Edited by Mark1006

4 hours ago, Mark1006 said:

Glad to hear we'll get more Solo sets in the summer, the movie looks like very expansive in scope. With every single April set accounted for in the first trailer alone, I'd imagine there's plenty of stuff that would make for great set material that we won't see until the movie is released.

I sure hope we do. The first wave is good, but as you mentioned, no main villain.

Hello I‘m new in this forum. I collect Lego Star Wars sets since the beginning in 1999. Today i‘ve got a lot of sets. Too much to display all of them. 

Because of the Solo movie starting in May this year seems to be different to the earlier years. So we allrrady got a 17/18 winter wave and in the near future we will get two waves. The first in the spring and the other in summer. So I was wondering if there will be an aditionell fall (september) wave like in the past years. Are there any reliable source about? And what does this mean dor the future? Are we going to get four waves every year? Will there be more sets in total or just more waves?

Normally we get three major waves per year plus some odds and ends between them. This year the waves are a little bit earlier than the last few years because of Solo coming out in May rather than December. So there will be a big wave in April, a few more sets  in June, and another big wave in August, including the x-wing, sandcrawler, Snoke throne room, and three more Solo sets that are unknown. Very unlikely there would be another wave in September but possibly another small wave by December since the last major wave is in August, a month earlier than last year. There are also a few retailer exclusives in the second half of the year that we don’t know of, though unclear if TRU will pay for one due to its bankruptcy proceedings. 

April wave includes new Falcon, TIE, two speeders, and a battle pack, all from Solo.  Plus a prequel battle pack, Yoda’s hut, and maybe one or two more random sets that I don’t recall. Leaked photos of these (plus the x-wing, sandcrawler, and Anakin’s starfighter, all due in June/Aug) have all been out for a few weeks.

Correction: there are no SW sets in June this year, unless they are retailer exclusives. Other lines have some June releases, but SW is just Jan/Apr/Aug as far as we know (plus Advent calendar in Sep).

7 minutes ago, jdubbs said:

Correction: there are no SW sets in June this year, unless they are retailer exclusives. Other lines have some June releases, but SW is just Jan/Apr/Aug as far as we know (plus Advent calendar in Sep).

In which of these waves will Yoda's Hut and the Sandcrawler be released?

Yoda's Hut in april right? And the Sandcrawler....august? Or also april?

(PS: are there more pix of the Sandcrawler besides the blurry catalog pic?)

April: 1 Solo battlepack, 1 prequel battlepack, 2 Solo speeders, Solo TIE, Solo Falcon, Yoda's Hut. 

August: Anakin Yellow Fighter, 3 unknown Solo sets, Snoke Throneroom, X-Wing, Sandcrawler.

September: Advent.

Also some Brickheadz and construction figures mixed in there. 

Only pics of August sets are from catalog. Lots of high-res pics of the April sets.

I don´t know if it had already been mentioned here, but there is a picture of Snoke´s Throneroom on reddit. It doesn´t look very official, but I´ve asked somebody who was at Nuremberg Toy Fair and I´m waiting for an answer. I´ll write as soon as I know if the picture is real.

7 minutes ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

I don´t know if it had already been mentioned here, but there is a picture of Snoke´s Throneroom on reddit. It doesn´t look very official, but I´ve asked somebody who was at Nuremberg Toy Fair and I´m waiting for an answer. I´ll write as soon as I know if the picture is real.

It is fake.

Edited by jdubbs

So I heard a rumor about the minifigures that will be available in the Advent Calendar, and I must say that the selection seems disjointed and without focus with a bunch of side characters like Rose Tico and a Guavian Death Gang member.  It's pretty disappointing, if true.  Although I do appreciate the Guavian Death Gang, I've already got 2 from the Rathtar Escape set, and none of the other minor characters appeal to me.

Anton Merrick (Blue Squadron Leader in Rogue One) is also rumoured. That makes it worthwhile for me

1 hour ago, Toc13 said:

Anton Merrick (Blue Squadron Leader in Rogue One) is also rumoured. That makes it worthwhile for me

40 minutes ago, Tidy said:

Yeah, not really into that part of the stories, so it didn't mean much to me.

In reference to the Solo sets, I'm not a fan of the way they did the print of Lando's scarf thing hanging down onto his pants.  It's probably accurate, but it just looks wrong on a minifigure.

1 hour ago, Legoman123 said:

Do we have an interior shot of the Falcon yet?

For the movie, one. For the set, I am guessing we can assume it will be something similar to the 2015 TFA Falcon, but with a cleaner interior. (Black floors, white walls, etc.)

3 hours ago, Shadeslayer said:

For the movie, one. For the set, I am guessing we can assume it will be something similar to the 2015 TFA Falcon, but with a cleaner interior. (Black floors, white walls, etc.)

Thanks to the infamous gaps in Lego's system scale MF design we can see from the HQ image that there's some what of a yellow theme going on inside. Several yellow chairs and a yellow console thingy next to them in the front left of the ship.

15 hours ago, Praetorian_Guard said:

Hey, as long as long as you're not talking about the one with the blurry regtangular watermark, then we're good. :)

I hope that no one is still falling for that crap after I did my best to debunk it everywhere it cropped up...

16 hours ago, jdubbs said:

April: 1 Solo battlepack, 1 prequel battlepack, 2 Solo speeders, Solo TIE, Solo Falcon, Yoda's Hut. 

August: Anakin Yellow Fighter, 3 unknown Solo sets, Snoke Throneroom, X-Wing, Sandcrawler.

September: Advent.

Also some Brickheadz and construction figures mixed in there. 

Only pics of August sets are from catalog. Lots of high-res pics of the April sets.

Yup, that's pretty in-depth; that said, we have some (incredibly cryptic) codenames for the 2HY Solo sets. Also, there's a couple of UCS sets (75181 & 75222) in there as well. :P

Edited by Azani

Well this year seems very straightforward. Solo Imperial Battlepack, Solo TIE Tighter, Yoda's Hut, X-Wing and then BL and new figures from the Sandcrawler and Antoc Merrick from the Calendar. If the two UCS sets are OT then add those and this year is done.

The rebel scum article links to this report which talks about the Brickheadz sets we'll get. There's the ones we already knew about, but it's also saying we'll get a Luke/Yoda double pack and Boba Fett.