MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

42 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Well, I really hope that the awesome character in the trailer isn't Moloch since that'd be pretty far off... Don't get me wrong, the Moloch minifig is great but looks almost nothing like that dude (or dudette). It's weird nonetheless since even if those are two separate characters, we still wouldn't get what looks like the main villain in the first wave of sets :sceptic: L3-37 and Val are missing from the line-up as well, so here's hoping for at least one more Solo set in the summer wave :laugh:

Good news, Youre getting 3.

1 hour ago, SCREDEYE said:

Good news, Youre getting 3.

Wow, really? Great :thumbup: That would also explain why the Snoke Throne Room set was the only one of the four mystery sets that was on display at Nuremberg :sweet:

Edit: one of the costume designers has confirmed that the character from the trailer isn't Moloch after all: 

What a relief :sweet: 

Edited by Lego-Freak

16 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

If you are sure, that is good news! Means most likely that we get another cool mold from the Solo movie pretty soon

The trailer looks good otherwise. Personally I really hope that this movie could avoid to connect to a bunch of other characters of the SW universe. That is, I hope we do not see any Organas, Fetts, Vaders or Palpatines.

I agree and disagree, Oganas, Vader and Palpatine I can do without but maybe at least a bit of Fett wouldn't go amiss, given the flavour of the film. I'm excited to see if Dengar is going to turn up as he's supposed to be from Corellia and have a history with Solo.

Who knows, maybe that bounty hunter battle pack was such an early Solo set no-one noticed?

fwiw.

@ 14 seconds in the 45 second tv spot, you can see the top of Moloch's head [as he turns to look at han in the speeder chase] and it matches up to the lego mold.  

i have one the minifigs already and my god is it AMAZING.

the patrol troopers helmets are dual molded as well. i cannot wait to get my hands on 100 of those!

1 hour ago, Glassjaw said:

Who knows, maybe that bounty hunter battle pack was such an early Solo set no-one noticed?

no.

it was taken directly from an episode of freemaker adventures.

Wow that new ''villain'' looks like if Briareos Hecatonchires from Apple Seed had a kid with a Fallen from Destiny. 

Got a list of some of the summer wave names from my works database, not a lot that we don't already know, but have a set name for 75219 - LEGO Gorgon. Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

1 minute ago, Markypops said:

Got a list of some of the summer wave names from my works database, not a lot that we don't already know, but have a set name for 75219 - LEGO Gorgon. Anyone have any ideas what this might be?

Maybe Strager Things?

Nah

3 minutes ago, Markypops said:

does it list the code names for 75215 and 75217 too?

Unfortunately not! Some things can give preliminary descriptions like LEGO great vehicle Han Solo 75209 but no sign of 75215 or 75217.

3 minutes ago, Markypops said:

Unfortunately not! Some things can give preliminary descriptions like LEGO great vehicle Han Solo 75209 but no sign of 75215 or 75217.

appreciate the reply! 

ive heard nemesis being tossed around for one of them and was hoping to get real world confirmation. lol. 

5 hours ago, Tidy said:

appreciate the reply! 

ive heard nemesis being tossed around for one of them and was hoping to get real world confirmation. lol. 

Yes, Gorgon is 75219. Nemesis is one of them as well; won't say which at the moment. 75215, 75217, and 75219 are all Solo kits.

5 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Maybe Strager Things?

Nah

...It's a SW set.

Edited by Azani

6 hours ago, Terrasher said:

Maybe Strager Things?

Nah

Are we absolutely certain that #75219 is reserved for Star Wars? Because I would believe a Stranger Things Lego set is possible, a la Dr. Who or Big Bang Theory. EDIT: Just realized Stranger Things has a demigorgon, not gorgon. ;) 

Anyway, here's what Gorgon means if anyone else would like to join me in over-analyzing it, it sounds like it may be a female villain:

Gor·gon
ˈɡôrɡən/
noun
GREEK MYTHOLOGY
  1. each of three sisters, Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa, with snakes for hair, who had the power to turn anyone who looked at them to stone.
    • a fierce, frightening, or repulsive woman.
Edited by darththeling
demigorgon

1 hour ago, darththeling said:

Are we absolutely certain that #75219 is reserved for Star Wars? Because I would believe a Stranger Things Lego set is possible, a la Dr. Who or Big Bang Theory. EDIT: Just realized Stranger Things has a demigorgon, not gorgon. ;) 

Anyway, here's what Gorgon means if anyone else would like to join me in over-analyzing it, it sounds like it may be a female villain:

Gor·gon
ˈɡôrɡən/
noun
GREEK MYTHOLOGY
  1. each of three sisters, Stheno, Euryale, and Medusa, with snakes for hair, who had the power to turn anyone who looked at them to stone.
    • a fierce, frightening, or repulsive woman.

The name has been used quite a bit across Star Wars legends and even in some canon stuff, but I'm not sure that will have any bearing.

"Gorgon" reminds me of the tentacled monster in what is presumably the Kessel Run in the trailer, but I doubt the code name would be so obvious as to make 75219 a Kessel Run Monster.

2 hours ago, darththeling said:

Are we absolutely certain that #75219 is reserved for Star Wars?

Haha, yes, we are. Irrespective of that, the name isn't literal.

59 minutes ago, icm said:

"Gorgon" reminds me of the tentacled monster in what is presumably the Kessel Run in the trailer, but I doubt the code name would be so obvious as to make 75219 a Kessel Run Monster.

Personally, I wouldn't put it past them. :P

Edited by Azani

Some people will be very disappointed to hear that the previous rumours were m€g@bl0cks but those really were to good to be true, as many of us kept insisting. When reading those descriptions, I felt a presence I haven't felt since the last time a certain Force Ghost that shall not be named tried to fool us with a fake set list.

The Snoke Throne Room set was just a lucky guess, as was his previous attempt at fooling us where he correctly guessed the Ahch-to set, which was pretty obvious anyway (assuming it's the same guy, but the writing style really was strikingly similar).

Anyway, I'll take three Solo sets over a new V-19 any day. Too bad about the Transport, but maybe next year :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

I felt a presence I haven't felt since the last time a certain Force Ghost that shall not be named tried to fool us with a fake set list.

pretty much what i said the moment that list came out.

3 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some people will be very disappointed to hear that the previous rumours were m€g@bl0cks but those really were to good to be true, as many of us kept insisting. When reading those descriptions, I felt a presence I haven't felt since the last time a certain Force Ghost that shall not be named tried to fool us with a fake set list.

The Snoke Throne Room set was just a lucky guess, as was his previous attempt at fooling us where he correctly guessed the Ahch-to set, which was pretty obvious anyway (assuming it's the same guy, but the writing style really was strikingly similar).

Anyway, I'll take three Solo sets over a new V-19 any day. Too bad about the Transport, but maybe next year :thumbup:

I swear this time it wasn‘t me. Anyway, I want to apologize for my behavior in the past. 

4 hours ago, Lego-Freak said:

Wait, like literally m€g@bl0cks sets:sick:? Or was that supposed to be some kind of blocked word? :iamded_lol:

13 minutes ago, Huigberts Builds said:

Wait, like literally m€g@bl0cks sets:sick:? Or was that supposed to be some kind of blocked word? :iamded_lol:

Some users (including yours truly) like to use "m€g@bl0cks" (or variations thereof) as a subsitute for insults or profanity :laugh: Some may call this petty, but I stand by it, anything building block-like that's not LEGO deserves to be ridiculed and punished :devil:

24 minutes ago, Lego-Freak said:

Some users (including yours truly) like to use "m€g@bl0cks" (or variations thereof) as a subsitute for insults or profanity :laugh: Some may call this petty, but I stand by it, anything building block-like that's not LEGO deserves to be ridiculed and punished :devil:

Could an example could be "YOU PIECE OF m€g@bl0cks!" (Not insulting you fyi just making example)

I am suspicious that the Solo MF may have suffered from the change in Director and reshoots. Mild spoiler....

According to EW, the droid in the trailer is called L3-37 and is played by Phoebe Waller-Bridge. This droid is Lando's co-pilot. I suspect the droid was redesigned and renamed from DD-3D, but LEGO already had the set designed.