MKJoshA

LEGO Star Wars 2018 Set Discussion - READ FIRST POST!

7 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

I just visited the Nuremberg toy fair. There was no V19 Torrent on display.

in the secret room there were the Solo sets, Jurassic World, Harry Potter and Beasts, Bugatti, Incredibles2, Batman.

And two more E VIII Sets we didn’t hear anything before, and one mystery set I never saw before which could be where the rumors from V19 came from..

Is it possible the V19 set could be a Freemakers Set or a set similar to the theme of The Sandspeeder

Dagobah Luke pictures are circulating now. Grabbed them from a Mexican FB Lego Group. They’re on my Flickr but I’m on my phone so can’t link to them directly.

Most people here don't know anything, just speculating and assuming and still they argue, supporting or criticizing. Is it so hard just to be quite and wait... apparently it is

3 hours ago, Robianco said:

Dagobah Luke pictures are circulating now. Grabbed them from a Mexican FB Lego Group. They’re on my Flickr but I’m on my phone so can’t link to them directly.

They've been circulating on the 'net for a little over a month... I own one.

No big deal; just thought that you might want the heads-up.

Edited by Azani

3 hours ago, Azani said:

They've been circulating on the 'net for a little over a month... I own one.

No big deal; just thought that you might want the heads-up.

Yeah. I’d seen the figure before.

people have been selling the dirty R2 figure for a coupe of weeks now, along with Han in Imperial Disguise, but this was the first time I’d seen someone selling the Luke figure.

I think it’s pretty clear the Mexico factory is the source for a lot of the figure leaks recently.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:13 PM, thorin said:

I'm interested to know this as well. It's kind of a side ship, but I tend to enjoy these types of vehicles. Thanks for any input you can provide SVL.

Yeah, it served a semi-important role in TLJ, and it'd be our best shot for a General Leia or Kaydel Ko Connix

20 hours ago, Theemp1re said:

Is it possible the V19 set could be a Freemakers Set or a set similar to the theme of The Sandspeeder

Everything is possible :tongue:

On 2/3/2018 at 1:24 PM, Sir von Lego said:

What is 75221? The Constraction SuperBattle Droid and the AT-RT weren’t there..

Sorry; my apologies for the lack of clarification. A month or so back, you mentioned that 75221 was a codenamed set - it would be another system kit, based on the numbering. Would you happen to know if it was on display? No worries either way.

New Tie Fighter seen in the trailer, doubt it will be made into a set considering we are just getting the normal variant. Lego doesn't release similar ships like that in a short space of time.

6 hours ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

New Tie Fighter seen in the trailer, doubt it will be made into a set considering we are just getting the normal variant. Lego doesn't release similar ships like that in a short space of time.

Black X-Wing / Grey X-Wing

7 hours ago, TheGeneralMoe said:

Red a-wing, green a-wing

Now, that trailer 1 is out, my questions are as follows:

1. Is that Moloch in the trailer at 0:51? She/he has a bit different helmet shape what we already saw in the Moloch's Speeder set, so I'm uncertain.

2. Why is Lando's droid companion absent from the sets? Especially from the MF set. It seems it has a significant role in the movie.

Edited by Anak

3 minutes ago, Anak said:

1. Is that Moloch in the trailer at 0:51? She/he has a bit different helmet shape what we already saw in the Moloch's Speeder set, so I'm uncertain.

2. Why is Lando's droid companion absent from the sets? Especially from the MF set. It seems it has a significant role in the movie.

I wouldn't over analyse a teaser trailer at this point. We don't know who is going to be prominent yet and whether they deserve a place in a set. We also don't know all the future sets for Solo if there are any planned.

Lots of gorgeous costume design in that trailer. The guy who seems to be the lead antagonist looks absolutely phenomenal with the staff, crazy helmet and fur. Few other stand outs like casual Beckett and fur coat Lando and Solo. I really hope we get figures for all of these. Hopefully they'll give the sequel trilogy a rest with the Winter and Summer 2019 waves because I think they really think they need to explore the anthology films more, both this and Rogue One absolutely nail a really cool Star Wars aesthetic in character and vehicle design.

7 minutes ago, Anak said:

I think Moloch can be seen just to the right of him in that shot, or at least someone who looks a lot like him. In regards to the droid, it's possibly a new character from recent reshoots that lego didn't have time to account for. Like they way they changed Kylo's shuttle design in TFA and took the Scout Walker out of TLJ after they had given Lego the original designs. I think possibly even 75171 is based on a Rogue One scene from the original unreleased cut of the film, and that set was actually released after the film.

If the main droid in the trailer is DD-BD then lego’s version in the KRMF is VERY different, unless it has the ability to retract its head and limbs into its body!  Also, if the lead antagonist is Moloch then there’s been some significant changes there as well.  Poor lego, they’ve made some very cool molds and prints based off - what appear to be - outdated characters... I hope I’m wrong.

It's also possible — likely, even — that the main antagonist is not Moloch and instead is included in one of the three summer sets that have not yet been revealed.

On 2/3/2018 at 2:56 PM, Casta16 said:

I don't get why always this mistery. You saw something, then say what you saw. You saw something, but you don't have permission to say what you saw, then don't say anything. Just don't tease really marginal aspects with hundreds of replies. 

On 2/3/2018 at 4:45 PM, SCREDEYE said:

Sorry but when his answers are only what everyone has seen from leaked images and a repeat of the snoke throne rumour while every other question has been conveniently dodged then im calling BS. If he saw solo sets then why can't he tell us what it was like? No interior? No play features? And the TIE is a TIE? What about the remaining mystery sets? He never addressed that at all, he's conveniently very quiet about it. I stand by my point where I say if he really did go there then he could be held his silence and at most said he liked/disliked what he saw but this whole game people play over and over is frankly irritating and goes on for pages.

Chill. Appreciate the info we are getting. Don't attack other members. SVL has proved himself to be a reliable leaker. But he also has a life outside of sharing info with us all.

4 hours ago, jdubbs said:

It's also possible — likely, even — that the main antagonist is not Moloch and instead is included in one of the three summer sets that have not yet been revealed.

The main villain is not Moloch. Main villain is the guy who looks like Bounty Hunter with cool helmet. The one that fights with someone on the train and on the beach.

I think the sets are awesome and really match the ones from movie.

1 hour ago, THELEGOBATMAN said:

The main villain is not Moloch. Main villain is the guy who looks like Bounty Hunter with cool helmet. The one that fights with someone on the train and on the beach.

I think the sets are awesome and really match the ones from movie.

If you are sure, that is good news! Means most likely that we get another cool mold from the Solo movie pretty soon

The trailer looks good otherwise. Personally I really hope that this movie could avoid to connect to a bunch of other characters of the SW universe. That is, I hope we do not see any Organas, Fetts, Vaders or Palpatines.

11 hours ago, Sneakguest said:

If you are sure, that is good news! Means most likely that we get another cool mold from the Solo movie pretty soon

The trailer looks good otherwise. Personally I really hope that this movie could avoid to connect to a bunch of other characters of the SW universe. That is, I hope we do not see any Organas, Fetts, Vaders or Palpatines.

Would be good to see Jabba though right? It would be nice to get a new version of the fantastic bigfig from Jabbas palace.

1 hour ago, Brickr said:

Would be good to see Jabba though right? It would be nice to get a new version of the fantastic bigfig from Jabbas palace.

Forgot about him. Well that would be the only exception. There is actually a hope to fill there, although I dont think that the jabba figure requires an update

Well, I really hope that the awesome character in the trailer isn't Moloch since that'd be pretty far off... Don't get me wrong, the Moloch minifig is great but looks almost nothing like that dude (or dudette). It's weird nonetheless since even if those are two separate characters, we still wouldn't get what looks like the main villain in the first wave of sets :sceptic: L3-37 and Val are missing from the line-up as well, so here's hoping for at least one more Solo set in the summer wave :laugh: